Does Age Matter and Why?

Comments

• Age really doesn't matter to me although if they are under 25, I'm going to proceed with caution and probably ask for some ID just to make sure they are legal. I've got my age preferences set pretty broadly - I think 24 - 80 or 85. Even those aren't hard numbers.

I've cuddled people either from this site or people known to me off this site from their 20s to their mid to late 70s. They don't even have to be an interesting conversation partner, they just need to be a decent cuddle partner. Be reasonably clean and don't get weird. That's about it. I'm there to cuddle, not date.

I've noticed a lot of guys have their upper range set at their age or slightly younger, like the guy who is 45 and his age preferences are 18 - 45. So, 27 years younger is okay, a year older is not? Whatever. I have no idea where women set their age ranges.

In my social life, I have friends around my own age and then a lot of my friends are in their late 20s - early 30s. It came about because the scenes around some of my interests are dominated by younger people. I'm used to intergenerational interaction and can find common ground with folks of just about any age. I just listen to them, find out what they are interested in, and ask them questions.

My greatest concern about cuddlers on the younger end of the spectrum is maturity. I don't want to get drawn into any weirdness or drama so beyond a certain point I'd want to be very careful to make sure it feels safe and okay for everyone involved.

• I'm in my very late 50s, so the vast majority of my cuddlers have been much younger (20s & 30s). I've never had a connection issue, probably due to a fair amount of pre-session interaction, but I will say that my two most recent cuddlers in their mid-40s and 50ish have been awesome, and I think there may be something to the notion that spending time with someone who has a similar level of life experiences can be special. I dunno, really. There definitely is that 'young at heart' vibe that is important, tho. Age doesn't matter to me in the least. I've had awesome cuddles at both ends of the age spectrum and all the way in between.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited December 2019

@FunCartel . To answer your question on whether the cuddle can bridge that gap in age difference or become distracting. I think it's a matter of spiritual and intellectual chemistry, open mindedness and a sincere appreciation of the essence of each person. Those are the variables at work in influencing how much or if the cuddle can bridge that gap or it simply becomes an annoying distraction.
    In my own experience I've found openness toward and sincere empathy for where each person is in their personal circumstance does help to bridge that gap. Communication : honest and open can be the door opener. Mutual effort: both of us are working toward similar goals of making the cuddle experience fun and comforting to the other.

Where it can become distracting is when there is an inability to or unwillingness to understand where the other person is in their need and situation. Very little or ambiguous communication among other factors can make the age gap a huge distraction.

• edited January 2020

I think it's all about perspective.

I view cuddling as a mentally and physically healing activity similar to what I might experience with a health care practitioner on many levels. So when reading profiles, I'm on the lookout for a professional cuddler with a health care background, holistic healing background, or simply a warm, healing, empathetic approach to cuddling. I think the requirements to deem oneself a "professional" cuddler clearly states that age cannot be an issue?

The other side of that coin is the folks here that are looking to cuddling for social interaction, or to develop friendships in the short or long term. No-pros, group-cuddles and the like. So age, gender, etc. is definitely an aspect of cuddling for the non-pros.

At the end of the day, cuddling has really helped me find my way out of an emotional wasteland more so than tradition mental, holistic, or therapeutic remedies I've sought out in the past. So I sincerely appreciate being part of the community.

• Age doesn’t matter so long as there’s a good genuine connection and a mutual agreement on platonic boundaries :)

• For me, the age is not a big deal, unless they happen to remind me of my grandmother or my grandchildren. I seen a young Pro that could have passed for a twin to my granddaughter, that would never work for me.

• I'd like to tell myself that age is irrelevant, but I really think I'd be lying. I'm an older fella (mid 50s) and can't imagine a time when I would contact a 20-something woman about cuddling. People have enough trouble relating to each other that adding more difference does seem kinda superfluous. But, never say never.

• Its not dating or a marriage.Embracing someone with good hygiene for an hour or so could include a wide range of ages.

• @ILikeWarmHugs - well said, and agreed.

Age doesn’t matter so long as there’s a good genuine connection and a mutual agreement on platonic boundaries :)

I've cuddled men and women in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's. Anyone can find or create commonality if there's interest. For me, music interests tend to bridge conversations, and sometimes one or both parties learn about a new genre, new artist, new sound that they hadn't experienced before... all within the space of a cuddle. Not everyone is going to know about or be stuck forever with the 80's, like me ;) I remember one pro who sang softly with some country music on their playlist and it felt like a sweet serenade: I'm not one for tobacco, trucks, and the fine-time-of-Lucille-leaving, but he had a nice voice.

All that said, I realize some do have an age criteria and limits and I respect that, and it saves me time from barking up the wrong tree.

• Sometimes i think i hope some youth would rub off on me, while other times i want to catch some wisdom and experience (as if it were contagious)

• Age isn't the factor for me as much as health.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)
    edited January 2020

I would have said age doesn't matter, and my age range is 25-65, but, in general, I've enjoyed my cuddles with men closer to my age more because of greater connection. But I think age would depend on pro v nonpro. Pros probably don't care as much whereas a nonpro may want more communication before/during/after a cuddle (like me) and, thus, prefer someone who they have more in common with to create a greater comfort level (again, in general).

• I like a great ability to communicate and negotiate and respect boundaries. That tends to go with maturity which tends to go with age, but not always! I like feeling like the fellow I'm with has his relationship with testosterone well in hand (no pun intended) so that it won't be brought to bear on my cuddling experience, which tends to go with maturity which tends to go with age, but not always.

@littermate all of that. Yes and true for MOST cases. :)

• I don't necessarily have a preference in regards to age but since I deal primarily with pros most in my area tend to be attractive 20 something to 30 something year olds. While I admit it would be nice if we got along Im not looking for deep lifelong connection. And because I don't delve into a ton of deep conversation topics when I cuddle with someone I don't know a partner of any age range should be able to engage me

• @littermate
    @2dogmom
    I agree with the caveat. There are enough examples in the news, of age being no guarantee of good behaviour.

• [Deleted User]BigHugsPA (deleted user)

It doesn't matter to me, but I can say it matters to others. I'm not complaining. It is what it is.

• [Deleted User]IvanTokodol (deleted user)

I imagine I could quite comfortably cuddle with SOME people of any gender or age. I feel platonically attracted towards young people in general, and they teach me much more than folks my own age do. My brain has not accepted that the wrinkled guy in the mirror is me.

• Some of us over-50s are still flexibly alively on fire and interesting :)

@littermate “flexibly alive” ... 😂😂

Yep. I can still touch my forehead to my knees. lol

• @littermate I love that response!

• I can only speak for myself, and age does not matter, but maturity does. As you may know, the two do not always correlate. I’m more drawn to positive energy and kindness than any other factor. To quote Neil Young: I’m a miner for a heart of gold.

• Yes. Within a 300 mile radius from Los Angeles there are 2 women over 60 and 8 men. Move it to 50 and it's 10 women to 25 men. According to my psychologist these are lonlier age brackets and they get more lonely as you go up in age. Yet when you go down in age on CC the number of people skyrockets. This is a youth driven site. As for why? I have no idea. Seems to me older people would want to cuddle other older people. Age matters.

• Probably because among older folk, this is freaking weird to them and out of their comfort zone, and despite their loneliness, they may not want to walk on the wild side, or they may think, who would want to snuggle this old thing? My daughter's generation is much more open and flexible about intimacy in general. That's my guess @PeopleLikeUs.

• @littermate Also a good reason that number increases is the amount of attractive young females who think this is a good way to earn money !! Especially in major cities

@MrPaul I think you are spot on about maturity v. age.

• edited January 2020

@PeopleLikeUs why did you block me? I went to send you a message and BLOCKED! I thought we were pals?

• Its nothing personal Littermate. He blocked most everybody, i am blocked too. It is a weird phenomenon on here, why people block almost everyone and no one can look at their profile. I am dumbfounded and disturbed by this behavior.