Does 100$ an hour for cuddling seem like too much to anyone else?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Robert87 (deleted user)

^ Exactly! Plus, people go to college to become therapists. Anybody can cuddle.

• Supply and demand... Anybody CAN cuddle, but not everybody SHOULD cuddle or WANTS to cuddle. You have a small number of women who want to do it and an even smaller number who should. 🤷

"You have a small number of women who want to do it"

You're right. There is a small amount because other women actually work for a living and don't depend on men to pay them to cuddle.

• edited June 2020

😮 Wow. That is absolutely not the reason most people find this not to be work they want to do and leave (especially considering most professionals do this on the side in addition to their full-time job). Alright. Checking out.

"That is absolutely not the reason most people find this not to be work they want to do and leave"

huh?

• edited June 2020

Oh yay this guy again

^ You can always block me if you don't like my posts.

• FYI, blocking only affects viewing profiles and private messaging. Has no effect on forums. 😇

^ I hope people have the mental capacity to scroll through posts.

• edited June 2020

I find it hilarious when men who can't afford a $100-$150/hr session complain about the rates and make it seem as if these women are providing extras for those prices. Why is so difficult to understand there are people who can afford these prices and don't see it as outrageous. Not everyone is broke or on a budget. Not everyone sees $100-$150 as a lot of money. I honestly think a lot (not all) of these men are bothered because they can't make the same money cuddling and the women they would like to cuddle with don't pay them any mind because they can't afford their services....these are the same men who talk crap about pros on the forums then wonder why the enthusiasts won't talk to them.

Stop hating on women because you can't get your way.
    I can assure you, your complaints on the forums do not stop their money flow.

• @StayTrue123 😹😹😹 very true lol

• Preach👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🙌🏾

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

I'm a new pro here. Hi! Thought I'd chime in. The way I see it is some hairdressers work at Supercuts and they have their clients who prefer to pay $18 for a hair cut. Some higher end salon might charge $45 and they have a certain clientele. Also they run a lot lower in cost here in Bangor, Maine where I am than in some big city like NYC or LA.

• @Frz2020 I think the problem is that there IS no equivalent to "supercuts" in the cuddling world. When I first started, I started at $50/hr I think, maybe less, I forget. That's basically unheard of on this site, and that's STILL a lot of money for many people. If the "average" rate for a cuddler is $80/hr (I'm not even sure if that's true at this point anymore), then a beginner cuddler should certainly be WELL below average. That just doesn't happen here. People come to the site expecting to make the average rate. It's odd. But at the same time, people have the right to charge whatever they want. 🤷

• @StayTrue123 I can easily afford $150 but I would never pay that much because it's 50% more than the going rate. I do pay $100, because that's the going rate. However, it's weird that the going rate is so high. As @ubergigglefritz says, the rate wasn't so high a few years ago. It makes one wonder why it's so expensive.

Think about it: this is a perfectly legal field of work where almost any random woman with zero experience in cuddling, touch therapy, business, or client/customer communication can come in and charge $100/hr right off the bat. Plenty of people pay trained therapists with years of school and experience less than that. It immediately makes one wonder why cuddlers can charge so much. My feeling is that something is broken about the market for cuddlers - maybe women aren't finding out about the potential of being a pro cuddler, so there are fewer pros than there would be "naturally." Or possibly there's a large segment of pros who look at cuddling as only a small source of extra income and didn't feel the need to get lots of clients - maybe the prices started going up because some cuddlers had the attitude "I'd rather make $500 a week by spending 5 hours cuddling at $100/hr than make $1000 a week by spending 20 hours cuddling at $50/hr."

• edited July 2020

Actually though, I was about to agree with @ubergigglefritz that the problem is that there is no Supercuts in cuddling: in my area there aren't many options under $100; maybe a few $80. However, I actually think this is changing; just in the wrong direction. There are now more than ever in my area charging $150-$200. Actually there's one charging $120 for a 30 minute virtual session?????? So in fact I think now $80-$100 maybe is kind of now the cheap option, as crazy as that sounds. Maybe this will change back after Covid.

(For the record, I did actually once pay for a $150 cuddle. Of course there was no magic that made it any better than an $80 cuddle.)

• @PillowCuddle I don't think it was less than $80 a few years ag. When I started early 2018 I was weird for offering a lower starting rate. As long as I've been here the trend has been to start at $80/hr, the industry average. 🤔 Also FYI, the trend you mention is mainly on sites like this one. I know legitimate professionals across the country and they are rarely over $100. Usually in the $75-85 range. 🤷

• I'm afraid to tell anyone I pay for cuddle sessions. Too many people don't understand it...but I can tell you that I feel better after a cuddle than I do after seeing a trained therapist. It's more than just being next to a warm body. If I get someone who is a good communicator and non-judgmental because I tend to be socially awkward myself, the fee is worth it.

• I’m glad you’re having great experiences 😊

• I'm a long time member of the site and used to see pros quite often. I stopped awhile back because the prices have become quite ridiculous. $80-$100 an hour is fair but anything above that is just too much. Then the additional fees that pros are adding on top of that make sessions not worthwhile. I come back now and then thinking wow a session sounds great but every time I come back, the fees are even more ridiculous. It's really unfortunate what professional cuddling has become. I remember when it all first started, it was amazing but has become about nothing but money. There are still a few pros that are reasonable but there is no way I would book a 2 hour session at $120 an hour and then the girl expects me to pay for her uber in both directions and then asks for a tip on top of that. No thank you.

• @Morpheus I'd swallow no more than $100/hr. No crazy trip charges unless she's traveling long distance....as for a tip? I didn't think you were expected to tip here since they set their own rates. They are getting the full fee minus a 15% fee paid to the site.

• Glad to hear two people maxing out at $100/hr, lol, as that's where I've settled. But @Mike403 I actually only bumped up that high (pre-COVID I was $125 for the first hour and $75 for each additional hour, so $100/hr for the typical 2 hour session) in order to accommodate my travel. I travel all over the southeast in my RV and occasionally to other states as well, and I have NO additional travel fee, LOL. I'm completely with you in the impression that too many people are purely money hungry on here. =(

• @ubergigglefritz I'd make an exception for you if you ever traveled out here. New cuddlers charging $150/hr plus travel fee is what gets to me. I don't have a problem with the money as much as feeling like that is all they're after and not enjoying the cuddle.

• @Mike403 Yes, I always encourage people to ask lots of questions and be picky about which professional they choose. There are a lot of people not in it for the right reasons, and even among those who are, we're all different, and it's a LOT of money for most people to just throw at someone to see if it's a good fit. I'm the right fit to some and not to others. If I'm not going to be the right fit, I would rather save my time and energy, and save your money. Ha. I unfortunately hear a lot of stories that makes me feel like people are really out there to milk clients for all their worth. I advise everyone to be cautious.

BTW, I would love to come out to Colorado, though I'm not sure when it will happen, ha. One day... O:-)

• @ubergigglefritz I've been seeing one pro for three years who grandfathered me in at $60 per hour and hosted me at her place. She stopped seeing me in March when the pandemic hit. It's been a struggle for me. I miss it.

• That’s why I always prefer to meet right before the cuddle. I would never charge to meet up with someone for a coffee to see how we click. I haven’t had an issue so that’s a good sign!! Lol
    This little meet up is beneficial for both of us. It eases some of the tension and nervousness and we can inwardly vet each other to see how we would be together. Are we compatible? Am I too bubbly or annoying? Is he only hoping for something sexual? Or are we baby bears soup: just right!

• edited August 2020

@Sheena123 If he's hoping for something sexual, he's on the wrong website. May I suggest Tinder? .lol

• edited August 2020

@Sheena123 👍 A lot of professionals do this. =) It's been such a long time since I have though. I don't see a lot of clients, so I don't push people to book a session. I'm also very firm on my boundaries and very clear about what my services are through messages and emails, in addition to requiring mandatory deposits. I also rarely offer sessions shorter than two hours because of all of the cost involved in getting somewhere, paying for a campsite, etc (and my desire to focus on one session/client per day). All of this combines to have most people who are either interested in something else or not really serious to self-screen themselves out of my process at some point before a session occurs. 😇

• @ubergigglefritz that makes sense for your case, definitely!

I always message a lot beforehand even meeting up and beat the “I’m platonic” horse to death so it would never come as a surprise but now and again, you get that vibe. Luckily when it’s time for coffee, rules are understood and we are good to go!!

• [Deleted User]SanFranResident (deleted user)
    edited August 2020

Always fun to see this topic resurrected. I do think something was slightly weird with the cuddle market before, and since Covid it has gone even more crazy. Prices have really gone up.

Unlike some I don't really blame the cuddlers (although maybe it is slightly obnoxious to charge so much). If someone was willing to pay me $120 to chat with them for half an hour I might do it too. The problem is the cuddle marketplace. There's either an undersupply of cuddlers or something else going on, because an unskilled inexperienced person who can't even manage her own schedule charging $150/hour is... strange.