Respect of Preferences

Comments

• @littermate I totally get that. I'm one of the few people who actually reads a profile, and as sad as it makes me to see someone exclude me because of my age, it's their preference. But I'm also a reader and I know that a large majority of people aren't... they can't be bothered with the details. I was just throwing out an idea to help insulate some folks rather than douse them in outrage to the point they're ready to bail off the site.

• @littermate I agree completely. There are many people here i converse with who i am not in their parameter for wanting to cuddle, whether it be due to age, gender, location, etc. I think a good deal of folks on here realize there are a limited amount of users who they have the potential to actually meet in person, and are open to conversing with people who they may not otherwise want to cuddle with.

• I've also had the experience of people changing their minds about their age range when they start messaging with me because I'm basically so awesome. :D

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@littermate I JUST had that happen with a gentleman here--shot me down 6 months ago, just came back a knocking. ;) lol

• edited January 2020

I sometimes forget they have a preference when I first click on their Profile. Then I see it and say," Oops!" I did msg one that had age pref to 40. Actually 2 ladies had that. I said," If u decide to expand ur preference to 45, I would love to get to know u." One of the two did respond! 😁

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

"men especially" lulz...everyone does it.

I had an age preference selected for 2 weeks just out of curiosity. Lo and behold, I received messages from women outside my "desired" age bracket. They had good energy so I didn't really care.

To each their own but don't expect it to stop any time soon.

• @littermate
    Exactly. Maybe such messages should start, "I'm not looking to cuddle with you, but . . ."

• What if your preference is from Age 20-26 but a 19 or 27 year old contacts you?

• Say hi. Don't say hi. It's up to you.

• Sometimes it helps to spell it out first thing in your profile details. I can’t promise that everybody will read (bc even as a pro I still get asked a lot of things that my profile provides answers for) but I think even with age range preference on the details, some folks may not find it easy to get the idea.

• Question: Are people annoyed that they are being noticed by people outside of their preference? Because you can not be interested in someone who reaches out within your preference, how do you deal with that? Does it annoy you?

I’m not talking about high pressure tactics and repeated questioning of your preference. I ask because i often just say hello to those in my area, because they are in my area. A welcome or a hello to new cuddlers. I do that even i find something on their profile unappealing, or looking to cuddle someone different than me.

Most often it’s ignored and i have my thoughts on that but is that an issue?

• I'll bet everyone is different. I'm happy toi say hi to anyone who reaches out.

• A policeman is walking down a dark country lane, and sees a car parked up. Getting closer, he sees a young man in the front seat, so taps on the window. The young man winds down the window, but when the policeman asks him what he is doing, the young man is very flustered, and can't give an answer.
    The policeman then notices a girl in the back seat, calmly reading a magazine.
    "How old are you, Miss ?"
    The girl looks at her watch and says, "I'll be sixteen in twenty minutes".

Perhaps if someone is just a little below one's age range, it may not matter too much.

• @tm700 Hi, I noticed you are pending to be a pro and was looking over the pro requirements:

"You have a photo to attach.
    You can be affectionate to anyone.
    You are accepting of all races, ages, genders, and sexual orientations.
    You should be reliable with strong interpersonal and communication skills."

I would like to relate a pro cuddler who's purpose, I assume, is to provide therapeutic touch, to physician's who's purpose is, I assume, is to provide therapeutic touch. Patients need the compassion of physicians willing to treat them without bias in regards to race, gender age, religion etc.. Ethical ER physicians do not get to pick and choose their patients although may refer to another physician's specialty or may decline treatments requested by a patient (ie: drug seeking behavior), part of their training involves learning compassion towards everyone. One time as I was walking by the check-in desk I heard the receptionist ask the patient if she preferred male or female, she replied, human. While you definitely can exercise your choice, I would urge you to look beyond the cover that life was born with and read the story; some of those stories may need the tm700 chapter to make their journey more bearable. I have provided therapeutic touch to as young as 16 and to end-of-life (hence life-saving intervention) male and female. Some of those stories may be scary, terrifying, lonely, lost, helpless, some with ill-intensions, etc, when I encounter such stories I like to think this person is desperately seeking the answers to questions, circumstances, road blocks, etc. life does not provide readily. While I'm not a physician, I'm honored to be a chapter in their book. When it comes down to it, all we have is each other to help us through this journey. Sometimes people make preferences based on previous negative or positive experience therefore close or open boundries based on those experiences. Age is slowly creeping up on all life, so why let it be the determining factor for a platonic therapeutic cuddle, this isn't a dating site?

• If this is the most annoying thing in your life then I'd say you have it pretty good. I'm thankful others have sacrificed in past so we can all get annoyed when we get messages we don't want on a technology that didn't exist until a few decades ago.

• @littermate I wasn't sure which end of the smile I was looking at for a second...

• Once seen, it cannot be UNseen.

• @CelestialTouch a pro cuddler is not akin to a physician

• @pmvines no a cuddler is not a physician but if @tm700 is going to be a pro per site rules according to CC she is not allowed to discriminate based on age. Im sure pros have preferences but they are not allowed to pick clients based on those.

• edited January 2020

@HugsAndAttitude I realize that. It is just in my opinion an inappropriate comparison . Completely different standards and even more completely different roles . Apples and oranges

• Those who pick up hitch-hikers, can have preferences and can apply them ; taxi-drivers can also have preferences, but can't apply them.

That's what being a professional, anything, means.

• @pmvines Good point that a pro cuddler is not like a physician. Nor, would I suggest, does a physician have "therapeutic touch." I realize that the doctor putting on rubber gloves should have been a sign, but any action that incites a sentence like, "Whoa, how did THAT get up there?!" is not what I consider therapeutic.

• @StoryDoctor1138 now that I'm on my desktop instead of my phone, I see that my bunny, though adorable and fuzzy, does not have the facial expression that truly reflects my warmth toward your hello. So here's a do-over....

• @littermate In the spirit of the site (and my creative soulmate):

• @pmvines apples and oranges aren't so different both fruit have that therapeutic fructose sweetness just like doctors and cuddlers can both have that awesome therapeutic touch even if one has a more advanced touch than the other. Great analogy pmvines!