Why would men be embarrassed if it became known they sought platonic cuddling?

13»

Comments

• @introvme - Even if women get a lot of messages, most of them are messages she doesn't want to receive... like guys who are looking for more than just a cuddle.

• @introvme take cuddling out of it for a second.

If person A can buy a thing, but person B cannot buy the equivalent thing, then person A has a privilege compared to person B.

We all have lots of privileges, and we all don't have lots of privileges. I live in London and am therefore privileged compared to somebody who lives on the island of Rum. (Look it up.) I have ready access to airports (hah!), fancy bars (double hah!) and the like. But they also have a privilege compared to me, in that they have ready access to a wonderful and wild place, and mountains, and the sea.

• I'm all honesty, we'll be lonely for eons, but we dont want everyone or really anyone knowing that

• @MxSmith - everything you say holds truth in every sense, the only thing I’d like to add is that guys here are emotionally broken ...(not just the guys but I’m just speaking for the guys & including myself) most won’t admit this at all, so I’ll take that bullet ... the guys , Who Are Genuinely here for the purpose of this site are a vulnerable group that want nothing more than to feel loved & cared for & want to give it in return because they have a lot of it to give ...For some reason we are stuck on the notion that guys here are ashamed of seeking cuddles, we know that even the toughest of the toughest & the most badass of them all do so & become vulnerable to their queen/. Significant other ect , it isn’t something guys brag about but they do ...where the frustration comes from is internally within themselves like wow, “here I am & I still have to pay for that emotional bond” or else I won’t get it, after trying to connect or even start a conversation with enthusiast & not being successful (it isn’t the fact about being cheap & not wanting to pay, it is the fact that they won’t get it any other way because they have already tried & probably multiple times) ... I once made a thread & asked if anybody here ended up liking a cuddle partner & I got soo many politically correct answers , like 95% Of the guys saying no & that it isn’t a possibility & it is strictly therapeutic,,,(I was still fairly nee to the thread & was trying to figure out the thread & learn people) while this may hold true for a select few, for a minimal of the population, trust me it isn’t for most... I’m pretty sure slot of the female enthusiasts & professionals were thinking to themselves otherwise about the guys answers ...

• @Mike403 that is a given ... & not just that (as far as guys wanting more) but a ton of other factors why they don’t want to pursue further communication or even initial to begin with ,, there are lots of guys here who wish they had the privilege of settling and still they don’t.

• @introvme I think that is normal and healthy to fill an emotional attachment to the person that you cuddle. That is one of the quickest and strongest ways to form a bond. Yes, it may be called therapeutic, but mostly it is a way to connect with the soul of another human being. I think it is OK to have feelings of attachment and love during a session. I think it’s OK to really like the person that you’re cuddling. If we didn’t like them we wouldn’t want to cuddle them. I think those are healthy and positive feelings. Communication is the key with the person that you are holding. You have to learn what they want also and find healthy boundaries.

And I, as a woman here, I am emotionally broken too.

• @Importance absolutely! At everything you said ... so you would be quite surprised at the answers in that thread, & yes I would assume that most males & females enthusiasts here are emotionally broken (I don’t want to say 100% because there would be that one person running out of left field calling foul ball) but Ofcourse it isn’t 100%, just very near.

• edited January 2021

@CuddleDuncan - the analogy you make is spot on, I just don’t think it applies in the world of meeting emotional needs of feeling loved & cared for & giving it in return

@Spiderman2626 you’re right!!

• @introvme I feel like both you and cuddle Duncan are correct. While it is still a privilege to be able to purchase something, I understand that it does not fulfill your need for connection. You are both right.

• @Importance there are guys that actually like the fact that they can book a professional & refuse to pursue enthusiasts , at first I didn’t see how this could be a possibility at all, but I kept an open mind and politely asked, & I wish I had copy & saved their answer because their reasoning as to why was simply amazing ...

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

...It's starting to look like I'm in a minority over here.

See, me, I joined this site hoping to get a whole lot of one night cuddles, as it were—to meet a ton of different people and cuddle once (maybe twice) with each of them, not settle down with a special buddy (nor even two).

Hilarious, given that I'm now Covid-cuddled with just the one person... and, frankly, not minding the limitation one bit.

Wasn't at all what I was after, though.

• I stumbled upon this site by accident. I remember one day googling something along the lines of feeling touch deprived and then something came up about skin hunger which I didnt know was a real thing. It talked about pro cuddling which I had never heard of and the rest is history. I dont tell anybody that I do this because I'm embarrassed as to what others may say or think. They wouldnt be able to understand and I don't wanna waste my time trying to explain it to them. They would view it as a sign of weakness/desperation where you have to pay somebody just to spend time with you. Not gonna lie though, sometimes it does feel like that, but it's better than no touch at all.

• edited January 2021

“I just want you to consider that it is embarrassing for me as a female to admit that I struggle with relationships also. It’s embarrassing to ask someone to hold me and cuddle me. It’s humbling to be at this point in life.” @Importance

💯 It’s especially embarrassing when you have friends you love dearly and want them to love you in a way that feels most loving - physical contact - and when you ask for what you need, are met with blank stares, awkwardness, or homophobic (if same sex friends) assumptions that you’re hitting on them. And then told you just need to find a dating partner to have that need met.

Nothing like some more emotional neglect in adulthood after a whole childhood of the same - for many of us. We as a society are so conditioned to associate such closeness with sex or sexual contact relationships unless it’s with an infant. This is a travesty. Human beings have a need for safe, healthy, loving touch at every age.

• @EGio , thank you for your vulnerable honesty, my friend!

• @CuddleDuncan And vice-versa, if person A can sell something, but person B can not sell the equivalent, then person A is privileged. In the case of CC, that's female privilege.

• edited January 2021

@BrianL 👍 There are always two sides to a coin.