Reasons you may not be getting responses. Feel free to comment or add

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

@MrKinder: for me... I learned it was mostly how I was communicating that was the problem.
    -Had to learn you can not converse with a cuddler like a text. That messaging each other is a conversation where we are really trying to get know each other. Literally typing words instead of voicing them to reach an understanding.
    - A back and forth is necessary. That waiting for the others response before piling on information is necessary.
    - Clarifying any vague responses so that can be sure to be on same page.

Communication is key

• Sometimes it takes a while to determine that the potential cuddle partners are a good match.

I'm reminded of the comedy sketch :
    To the background music of a 1950's spy movie, a middle-aged man in a raincoat is sitting on a park bench. A similarly-dressed middle-aged man walks up, and sits down at the other end of the bench.
    "The snow in Moscow is cold at this time of year", says the newcomer.
    "My aunt's parrot is very sick", says the other.
    "Her parrot ?" asks the newcomer. "Sorry." He gets up, and the camera zooms out to dozens of similar benches, each with a lone man in a raincoat.
    The walking man sits down at the next bench, and says, "The snow in Moscow is cold at this time of year".

• edited July 2020

@geoff1000 - and no women in raincoats are sitting on the benches.

• Telling someone you are __ age in your message though your profile saying otherwise. And the numbers not even seeming to be too close for them to be considered a typo. Thus possibly making who one messages uncomfortable.

• Yeah, dishonesty in any form for me is a buzz kill - your posted age being way different than what you look like (if you look older than me I'm pretty sure you're not 45), posting a profile pic that's not you, posting that you don't have children when you do, etc. I want trustworthy. Coming on all romantic and starry-eyed, DOA. Anything that implies you're looking for something sexual, bye bye. Desperation, demand... I'm a sucker for an articulate, creative person with a sense of humor. You can be a Sasquatch, toad, or hyena and I'll respond if you have those qualities. Come to think of it, you can be Sasquatch without those qualities and I'll probably respond. Fur makes for good cuddling.

• @littermate Im always told by people that know me I look way younger than posted age. Obviously now that they've gotten to know they know it's the truth lol . Some people can have bad aging genes as well , or lived a hard life and it took a toll on their appearance. But yeah some cases it can be obvious they're trying to mislead people.

• Yeah, in some cases @hugonehugall it's just not the hard life or bad genes. It's someone thinking they will combat being skipped over by putting a younger age just to get a look they might not otherwise get. I look much younger too but I like truth in advertising. Besides, I've earned every little wink of wisdom in this here instrument and I don't want to sell a year of it off for more traffic.

• edited August 2020

If I receive a one sentence message, I might respond the first time. But if my multi-sentence response elicits another single sentence reply, the conversation is over.

• I tell people I meet that I'm 75, so they think I look good for my age.

• @geoff1000 ~ Lol!

I have to stick to the truth (sometimes with the occasional unnecessary embellishment or two) because I suck at remembering lies and boring details.