Tipping?

Is tipping professional cuddlers expected? How common is it? I tip food servers and others who are making most of their money on tips. But to tip someone making $80 to $100 or more an hour plus paying them mandatory travel expenses I'm not sure about. If it's about showing appreciation for the service, I'll show appreciation by booking again.

Comments

• I think it’s personal preference. I usually do it.

• Yes you are probably right. It's a preference. I find it hard to justify paying these prices to cuddle to begin with and to give more on top of the fee and travel expenses is over the top for me.

• It’s hard to justify in my mind, although i do believe tipping is appropriate for everyone that provides a service but i guess based on the charge it makes it hard to justify

• Other highly paid professionals like doctors and lawyers provide a service and nobody tips them.

• You definitely don’t have to. If someone tips me, it’s a pleasant surprise but I would never expect it. Don’t feel pressured like you have to. You’re exactly right. It’s a good enough compliment to receive nice karma and a second booking ☺️

• edited February 2020

@Sheena123 I like the part about a pleasant surprise. It makes me think that if someone was extra nice and it didn't feel like it was just about the money I'd think about tipping a bit.

• edited February 2020

I get comparable pay for my services and when someone tips, which is rare, it enables me to lower my fee for someone else. I used to not allow tipping.

• If I eat a meal in a restaurant, I am paying much more than it would cost me to buy the food in a shop, but I still tip. Pros will explain that they have lots of expenses to pay out ( including the site % ) and they can't often work clients one straight after another, so the hourly rate is really much less.

When I was taxi-driving, I would have customers negotiate a lower price ; then add a tip to pay more than the standard rate, so that they would feel they were over-paying voluntarily.

• edited February 2020

I always tip my servers 20% to 25% because I understand it is vital to them making a living wage. Other people that I pay $1 a minute or more for a service, I'll give them a gift at Christmas, on their birthday (if I know what day it's on) or something along those lines, and even then it's nothing too extravagant, just a token of my appreciation. I view cuddling more as a therapeutic service along the lines of personal training, yoga, massage etc. For others, I image it could be different.

• [Deleted User]TheErlking (deleted user)
    edited February 2020

When I play piano for parties and events, my rates start at $200/hr, and I still receive tips on a regular basis - often in the form of $100 bills.

While this is not something that is expected at all, and absolutely does not impact the quality of the service I provide, it definitely makes a difference when deciding whether or not to work that event the next time they call - even to the point of rearranging travel plans or turning down other conflicting gigs that I really want to take.

• Tipping is never expected but always appreciated. Like @Sheena123 said, receiving nice karma and/or a second booking is good enough for me :)

• I tip over 70% of the time. Usually the quality of the session matters, but the base rate does too. Punctuality is huge since my windows of opportunity are few and tight for time.

• I've never seen a pro but I would say if you see someone more than once, bring an inexpensive gift. Something thoughtful that they would like. I had one person say they liked a certain fragrance so I gave her a bar of soap in that fragrance that I found in an Asian supermarket.

• edited February 2020

I misread the title and thought it was a thread about cuddling while on hallucinogens

• I don't ever expect to be tipped, but I do appreciate it immensely when a client does. I understand that paying my hourly rate is already expensive enough, especially if they are far from me and my travel fee is added on top of that.

Like @Sheena123 sated, I find it much more complimentary if they leave me good karma and book with me again.

• edited February 2020

I work in the healthcare industry where anything beyond a cup of coffee and a note pad ifron a vendor s seen as a potential bribe lol

• edited February 2020

@cuddlebunny777 what , you can't see the bllinding halo upon my head 😉

• I never ask but I do let them know that if I’m having to drive an hour that I only accept 3+ hour requests lol some guys will offer to pay for gas or add some money as a tip.. you never ask but some southern gents gladly do it :)

• Over in England we have a lot of fly-tipping, though I don't know what makes people think they deserve even a basic wage.

• @pmvines I can also see the horns holding that halo up 😁😁😁

• @cuddlebunny777 why do you think I am wearing a hat in so many pics

• @snugbuddy
    I had this discussion with the first pro I started messaging with, who was very experienced, dozens of karma at the time (read that as at least 24 karma but I won't state how many), all 5 star.
    She said that maybe one in five guys tip. She doesn't personally expect them to but really appreciates it when they do.

• @pmvines It isn’t? #hallucinogens

• @pmvines I knew it! 🧐🧐🧐

• @UKGuy So you're saying this would be considered a good tip? I dunno... I have a feeling it wouldn't be well-received. But it's INTERNATIONAL!

• Ladies are making Alot of money. I'm spending Alot of money. If I make it to a Arco ( I bring water for both) I will get a KitKat for both. That would be their tip.

• @StoryDoctor1138 how could someone not take that the wrong way. Here's a bar of soap, it's not a hint or anything, just a small gift lol