Tipping?

2»

Comments

• @cuddlebunny777 You never can be sure what is a compliment or an unwoke statement these days.

• @UKGuy Actually, material gifts are a no-no for me, specifically addressed in my terms of service. Makes me uncomfortable, as this service already draws way too close of a line for feeling like a date or relationship. 😞

• [Deleted User]bestlifesoul (deleted user)

I consider cuddling is therapeutic and that justifies the amounts charged, but I'm not familiar with any type of therapists being tipped. It's a customer choice, I suppose. I wouldn't expect a tip. Karma and kind referrals are adequate appreciation.

• edited March 2020

I don't expect a tip but it certianly helps. As for the hourly rates, what a good cuddlist makes is far less than you think.

I have adpoted the saying that I don't get paid to cuddle. I get a fee so that I am able to cuddle. I invest a lot into my cuddles. There was a $269 fee to be certified. If I want additional training from Cuddle Sanctuary that is another $500 to $600.

I purchased roughly 218.00 in books. "The Cuddle Sutra", "Healing Touch" , and "Massage Therapy" to name a few. I also purchased massage candles at $19.99 a pop from Boj.com , a soothing balm from Boj products $21.99 ( these items have been replaced frequently, clients like them). I have CBD rub for stiff joints and muscles, not cheap.

Hygiene and cuddle wear, I bought 8 pairs of really soft pajama sets ( short sleve top and shorts) to maximize skin to skin contact. After each and every cuddle I wash the garments. That is laundry, water, and a lot of time and preparation.

I have a weighted blanket that I purchased at Xmas $69.00. To ensure that it remains hygenic a duvet cover that must be laundered after each cuddle. I could really use two, but I cannot afford it yet.

I don't host. In Atlanta 30 miles could take 1.5 to 2 hours each way. I shower, use body scrub to keep my skin soft before each cuddle ( I try to wait and shower 2 hours before I cuddle ( even if I have already showered for the day. I try to get a manicure and pedicure weekly. Clients comment that they like for me to scratch their backs softly with my nails. The mani pedi always $60 min
    plus tip if not more for deluxe service

There are fees associated with the site, advertising, business cards. Just like any business there is overhead. I don't charge for travel for the first 20 miles, perhaps I should.

Factor in ALL of this. I am sure that I have left out a lot. The cuddle business is NOT consistent unless you spend time each week marketing your services. Since I do not host at the moment one or two cuddles a week is good.

I am on three sites. Each one has a fee structure. I routinely give extra time, anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. This is especially important with new clients. I want people to feel comfortable and to be relaxed before the cuddle.

I have been doing this since April. I am not sure thzt I can say that I have broken even given all the time, energy, and thought that I put into each cuddle and each client to ensure a relaxing, positive, experience. A therapist would charge $150 to $200 easily without the benefit of touch.

Safety, I invest in tracking for my personage, cell phone, and my car. Sometimes I use Lyft or Uber if it is late at night and my client is a business person in a hotel. How many therapists take a midnight booking from a sundowner struggling with PTSD or a business person who lives in hotels who had a really long bad day. Sometimes the stress from travel, being in an unfamiliar city,
    in a demanding job gets to a person late at night and there is a 9 p.m., 10 p.m., 11 p.m. booking.
    $80, $85, $90 even is not that much when you factor in all of the above. Just to make it worth my time the bookings have to be at least 90 min. Then there are those who spend days communicating to book their cuddle and then cancel at the 12th hour. I may have to start requirung a $25 booking fee.

In the future I would like to travel more to areas where there are few to NO cuddlers. I really enjoy it. When you put it into perspective a cuddler, a good one anyway, makes far less.