New and about to quit. Any reason to stay?

13»

Comments

• I was hanging out with someone who was 20 yrs younger than me last time I was in Atlanta , and just recently hung out with someone 20 yrs older than me locally . Not sure what others thought in either scenario because I was too busy not giving a crap

• @pmvines
    👍
    I believe that "1984" was a work of fiction, and thought-crime isn't yet on the statute books.

I bought some movie tickets last week, and I wasn't arrested for "acts preparatory to having an enjoyable evening".

• [Deleted User]Goodluckbyenow (deleted user)

Unless it is making you go insane, just stay, Trying to find someone is always hard and takes time no matter what the activity is. For example it can be difficult to find friends especially if you are a bit different but quitting wil not get you anywhere. If I were you i would turn on e-mail notifications and just check once a week. Think about the results in the long run. A year/month/2weeks from now or the day after tomorrow can be spend by you sitting with your cuddle buddy.

• @shadowofme
    I’d like it if you stayed. Now you have one reason to stay.

This is an opportunity to practice patience.

Know that there are also good people here. Look at all the people who took time to answer your post.

• I think with this virus thing going on it will be extra hard to find a cuddle partner. I know I'm not going to take a chance, just have to wait it out. I would give it some time, doesn't cost anything to hang in for awhile. Good luck & be safe !!!

• So, I always meet with my clients vefore hand. Preferably in a public place like Starbucks or somewhere where we can comfortably talk. I usually i se this isn’t one to ask what hey expect to get out of the cuddle session, go over rules and restrictions, using a “safe word” (like pause), etc. Sometimes I will video chat first if I don’t have the one for anything’s else and only twice have i allowed someone to come over before I met them but we had been talking before hand. Now, when I first signed up, it’s took me over a year before I first cuddled. I was very uncomfortable and the people talking to me made me feel like cuddling wasn’t what they wanted. When I eventually did, it’s changed everything. I realized there ARE actually people out here that want platonic cuddles. There’s nothing wrong with taking your time to find clients you truly click with. I’ve only hadn’t one client that made me feel COMPLETELY uncomfortable and after our session he deleted his account. You have to take he time to vet your clients properly but if you get the gut ones, you’re opinion will change.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

As always nobody TRULY cares if you stay or not. It's all just empty platitudes. Each talk has it's own convenience. It makes people feel good to stroke their own ego by saying kind sentiments they really don't mean.

Six months or so from no one cares. Even the ones issuing empty ego stroking platitudes from their glotti. Some of them won't even be around. Those that are will be too engrossed in their own lives to care enough to bother following up with you on how your experiences have been on here.

Rather they will be the first ones to distance you when you say or do anything that offends their sensibilities or appear to contradict site rules.

So should you stay?

That's up to you. That depends on what you're looking for. That depends on how patient and tolerant your constitution is. Whatever works for you.

Be you.

Forget all the empty platitudes.

• I'd say for the next few weeks at least, we will all be like fisher(wo)men sitting on a pier after the tide has gone out.

No-one should feel inadequate that they haven't had a bite.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

COVID-19 should also teach every one to refrain from using his or her experience to speak for the mass.
    We're all human. But we're each uniquely different and complex.

COVID-19 should be a powerful reminder of that. For some people this period provides wonderful opportunities to do other things besides cuddling. To get their oxytocin serotonin fix from other equally healthy activities than cuddling. That does not present the same social risk as cuddling.

Despite the fact that people are getting critically ill and are also dying from this virus there are still many for whom the shelter in place restrictions are of immense benefit.

And I'm not talking about reclusive nit wits, nab nubs like me.

So acknowledge the many who are gaining on many levels from this unprecedented situation.

• Oooh y'all are in my neck of the woods!

The cuddle community is small around here. Takes patience and willingness to travel on one part or the other usually.

Good luck on your cuddle search!!

• the problem with the site is many of the women are looking for a sugar daddy and want a realtionship. not all but many have been suspended accounts or dont know the basic difference between a paid or profesional cuddler which in my opinion is a waste of time and a volunteer or amateur.. people are not doing profiles correctly. this is why there are cuddle parties

• Yep. connection, community, and hope.
    We're not perfect! But
    Cuddle comfort is a special community with a few people who walk in a certain divinity.
    There are many reasons to stay. I haven't cuddled since the first week of March, and can not even speculate when I will again, but I'm not going anywhere.

I've learned in practice that Cuddlers tend to be some of the most open and emotionally aware people you will ever meet, even if you unfortunately don't get to wrap your arms around them, smoosh noses, give each other back rubs, etc, you can still connect, and learn about each other, and maybe about yourself.

And maybe, some day, you will have a perfect cuddle, gratitude you never expected, and a new perspective.