CUDDLE-FIC?

Comments

• [Deleted User]ImajenMoon (deleted user)

WELCOME, LoveMyCats!!!!! Thank you for posting!!! I didn't know it, but we've been WAITING FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION!!!!! Welcome!!!
    Bles... I LOVE how "visceral" your ideas are! I have to go drink some cool tea and get some distance from "Frank and Gloria," for right now... Hooohoooooo!!!
    I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. THIS. SOCIAL DISTANCING. TO. BLOW. OVER.
    SOMEBODY'S GOING TO CUDDLE ME...LIKE THIS!!!!
    Happily,
    Imajen
    P.S., More please? Greedy, greedy Me! lol

Gloria hears his voice as if from far away. So lost in the moment, the nearness of him, his touch, his voice, how willingly he leans into each of her touches. "I'm sorry, Frank. What did you say?"
    Grateful for the legitimate-sounding diversion, Frank clears his voice and repeats, "Um.. Would you like that tea, now? It's Chai, healthy!" A growing awareness of his own arousal had begun to cause him a bit of panic. He couldn't bring himself to pull away from her, but knew he must, not willing to risk the trust they'd built.
    Gloria peers at him, questioningly, forcing herself to respond. "I guess that would be okay. You want tea now?" she asks, searching for answers in his handsome, rugged face. "Yes... I'm kind of parched. Here, let me grab some honey from the kitchen!" Frank collects her hands, carefully, from his shoulders, brings them together and kisses them, then releases them. "I'll be right back. Make yourself comfortable!"
    Confused, Gloria's mind races. Is he upset? Did she make him feel uncomfortable? Maybe he's changed his mind. She gazes, longingly, toward the kitchen, where she hears the faucet running. A small frown flitters across her brow, from the thoughts that this might already be over.
    Frank runs both hands under the cold water. "Hope this'll do in a pinch!" he chuckles to himself. Her scent, her softness, the way she moved as they were dancing, had all combined to remind him of what he'd been missing in his life, in more ways than one. He wiped a chilled hand across his forehead, and drank a bit from his cupped hand. Feeling the tide beginning to subside, he felt relieved. "I'm not risking this..." he cautioned himself, reaching for the little bear jar containing the honey.
    "Found it!" Frank returned to the living room, valiantly waving the honey bottle. Gloria, still worried, smiled, weakly.
    "Are you okay?" Frank, seeing her muted reaction, feels his spirit drop. "What's wrong??" Frank sets the honey aside, and sits with her, taking her hands into his own. Pulling away, Gloria stands up and walks toward her wrap and jacket. "Maybe I should just go. If you didn't feel comfortable with..."
    Frank quickly caught up with her, catching her by the shoulders. Turning her to face him, he pulls her into a full body, sensual embrace. Gloria, bewildered, just lays her head on his chest. He holds her, hungrily, caressing and squeezing her, pulling her even closer. Breathlessly, Frank whispers, "I didn't want to risk our time together. You CAN'T believe that I don't want to be here...with you.. This way! I was afraid of scaring you away!" He encircles her, with his arms, pulling her close. This close, Gloria suddenly comes to a full understanding of why he'd pulled away. Giggling, she whispers back, "I'm a big girl, Frank. Not scared! But, I think you're right... Maybe we SHOULD have that tea, now!"
    The two become regular Cuddle Buddies, but keep their platonic promise to one another, now that they both understood and agreed. Gloria meets a gentleman, named StoryDoctor, and marries. And Frank discovers a passionate WildFire named Bles, and they all live happily cuddled ever after.
    The End.

Heehee! Bles and StoryDoctor are going to MURDALIZE me, I just know it! lol
    Couldn't help it!
    Imajen
    P.S., Is anyone else would like to begin a new story, with new characters and a new dynamic, I'll certainly be happy to see it.... :+1:

• Imajen, I loved it! This continuing story has kept me entertained all day. YOU MUST START ANOTHER ONE!!!!

• Uhhh... given the genesis and underlying emotion of that initial cuddling session, I'm not sure "StoryDoctor" would be comfortable or approving of any continued cuddling between Gloria and Frank. Where there's smoke, after all... Plus, Frank has a hairy chest and newly husbandized SD really has to draw the line SOMEWHERE.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! LOVE THOSE!!! Calvin and Hobbes!!!! LOL
    That first one is PRICELESS!!!
    So I guess that means you have one of those sleek, hairless Swimmer's bodies, eh? As someone who's recently been "husbandized" (LOVE THE WORDSMITHING YOU DID THERE!), I guess you won't be coming to squeeze me for my stuff. Rats..
    kicks at the rocks in the dirt...
    Next up..."Manny and LIla"! Soon!

Because...we've GOT to get Lovemycats Cyber-Wifed Up, along with getting HugOneHugAll husbandized, too!
    They are SO gonna MURDALIZE ME!! BRING IT!!
    Imajen

• Okinawasea8
    It is to Laugh! How charming, how wonderful!
    CUDDLE-FIC, indeed. more, more. . .

• @ImajenMoon "Sleek, hairless Swimmer's body"? Uh. Yeah. I guess so.

• OMG! ImajenMoon bring it! Never had a story written that included me in it so go for it! However, I would like to ask that my cuddle partner character be pmvines! Why you ask? Well, I've been reading the forums since ever since I joined the website a few months back. Nearly every single thing he posts I agree with, with a few exceptions perhaps. I kept thinking I bet I know what his profession is and I was right. I finally caved and checked out his profile. Sure enough, I am a retired social worker but not in the medical field like he is. I was with Child Protective Services. Now it makes sense why we have commonly agreed so much! Given the distance and all, I doubt we'll ever meet, but I could read your version of it right? So please carry on! Pmvines, hope you're ok with that?

WIPED. ME. OUT!!!! LOLOLOLOL
    "Here lie the remains of Imajen Moon
    Who has left our company all too soon.
    Put SD in a tale,
    He sent her a whale,
    And all she wanted was a spoon!!"

Lovemycats~ heehee....Ooooohhhh....now wouldn't THAT be something??? Unfortunately, I have to shy away from so very..personalized...and tantalizing... a project as adding the two of you directly into a story! lol I'd have to get all up in both of y'all's business, hash out details and common ground---you know, to make the connection really HUM-- so, I guess we're just gonna have to do with Manny and Lila. Unless...of course...um...YOU'D like to take a swing at this thing?? Oh, the things you could write, freely, under the guise of fiction!!! Just a thought... :)

Okinawasea8~ Hello! Welcome!! We're glad you're enjoying our Cuddle Fic Sessions! Stay around... If you'd like, get in on the next one! We'd LOVE to read your take on this Cuddling Thing!

• @ImajenMoon No spoon? There's a story about that...

Now you KNOW that ain't the kind of "spoon" I was after!! lol

Bles, Lovemycats, Okinawasea8, HoldenCaulfield, Dante_S!!! Jump in to this Vat of Disinfecta... I mean this story, with me!

Manny and Lila

Manny was glad they were leaving. Climbing into his truck, he waved goodbye to his young friend, watching as the young man and his "girlfriend for a day" climbed onto the motorcycle to continue their evening elsewhere.

So many of the bars and social venues just never got back to normal, after the Virus Scare of 2020. The streets were oddly silent, anymore. He drove home, laughing at himself as just how happy he was to be going home early. "I MUST be getting old!"

As he pulled up to his place, an old sadness threatened. He'd watched the two young people engage, but it all seemed so hollow, somehow. The whole night, he realized, had seemed staged, inauthentic, like people had forgotten how to be "real" with each other. Pulling inside, he pondered, "Maybe it IS just me.." as he shut off the truck's engine and clicked to close his garage door behind him.

Inside, Manny grabbed a beer and booted up his computer, out of long-trained habit. The old sadness, that had accompanied him since his rather messy divorce three years ago, just couldn't keep up, this time. A blank, cold numbness had overtaken it, finally.

He hadn't dated during the intervening years, unwilling to even consider being set up for that kind of pain, again. But something was nagging.. something was missing. He thought of the couple he'd just left, and shook his head. "That's not it, either. This whole 'hook up' thing is crazy. Don't they even know how great it is to cuddle?" he asked into his beer.

Manny absentmindedly typed the word "cuddle" into the search box, and hit FIND. Up popped a number of different ads, articles, and websites. Seeing the name of one of the sites, he smiled. "Cuddle Comfort... At least SOMEONE understands!" Leaning forward, he clicks to satisfy his now piqued curiosity...

Lila laughed as she read the message from the younger suitors who'd written. Three days had passed since she'd signed up for the platonic cuddle site, and she'd already received over twenty messages. This particular writer seemed to have looked at her photos--or, more probably, her age-- and decided to see if she wouldn't like to become his "Sugar Momma." Still chuckling, she'd answered and blocked the presumptuous youth. "I'm not raising any more 'children,' son-- I like full-grown fellas!" she thought as she clicked through some of the other profiles.

So many of the profiles seemed dry, sheltered, or reluctant, to her. Since her husband had decided his secretary was more of a thrill than their marriage, Lila felt she'd pretty much finished that type of situation.. but the long nights of bringing work home, volunteering for hours, and eating on the run had finally made her admit that something was, indeed, missing.

Logging off, Lila shuffled to the kitchen to pour herself a smoothie. As she poured, she thought of how unfulfilling the ballroom dance class she'd taken had been. How the few instructors seemed to run the place like their own little harem, picking and choosing who would be "the favorite" for whichever week. Shaking her head to clear away that unfulfilling memory, she shuffles back and plops down at her computer, once more.

Logging in, she notices a new face on the panel in her dashboard. "Hmm.. You've got an honest face," she speaks to his picture on her screen. "Let's take a look..."

Now... I did it this way because I sometimes (pretty much prefer to) forget to give surrounding details...and just cut straight to the action!

Is this just tooooo wordy?? Did you just want to drift on off to sleep? Did you find yourself screaming, "Will you get on with it???" ---because I do that, sometimes!

In my attempt to provide a space for a collaborative effort at completing this story, I ask for your honest opinions...and contributions of portions of the story! :)

Imajen

Mr. Chow!!! "Toodleooooooo....Muthaf..." The Hangover movie reference! lol
    Okay, so are you giving me the "mooney eyes," or are you telling me that I need to shorten or tighten this thing up? I'm pointing my pupils at you, SD! lol
    Imajen

• Yes! Yes! Yes! Imajen has done it again!!!! Not boring at all, drew me right in, same as your first one. Ok, here we go!

While Lila was checking out his profile, she reached for her smoothie and almost dumped it all over her keyboard. "Geez", she thought, "it's bad enough that I keep making these healthy vegetable smoothies, without spilling all the green goo all over my desk and keyboard". You see Lila was now on a major "get healthy" mission. With retirement closer, she was giving serious thoughts to healthier eating and more exercise. Even though the unfulfilling ballroom dance class was losing her interest, the young, handsome personal trainer she'd hired recently wasn't. Oh, it wasn't about wanting to date a younger man, nor were they involved at all, it was just sweet revenge and eye candy against the bitterness she still felt from her husband's departure. "Oh well, she told herself, "time to continue finding some cuddle partners. I know there are some for me out there somewhere".

OK, who's next?

Lovemycats!!! WHY DID I JUST EXPERIENCE THE VERY REAL SENSATION OF CURLING UP, WITH MY POPCORN, PREPARING TO DIVE IN???? lol I'm SUCH a sucker for a good story!!!!

I can't wait to read some more....chomp chomp chomp!

Imajen

Feeling suddenly nervous, and strangely alive, Lila clicked on Manny's profile.

"Hi, I'm Manny. It's been a while, but I figured since I'm still alive, and still have skin, I might like to be touched, again. If you've gotten to a similar place, drop me a note.

I don't mind driving, and I'm pretty well house-trained, so I can come meet with you, or--if you'll bring lasagne--you can come meet with me.

Either way, good luck to all of us who are in search of something that, at least for a brief time, feels a little more 'real'." Manny"

"Where the heck have YOU been, all my life?" Lila giggles to herself, her vision clouding with that happy haze of hope. "Let's see if you're as open to cuddling as you seem. I'm sure hoping so!"

Lila punches in a few lines, trying her best to be as witty and engaging as possible. "Guess I'm a little out of practice... But, hey, bitterness and rage don't get you squeezed, now, do they??" Finishing her brief message, she crosses her fingers, and hits SEND.

The next day...

Manny drags the winch chains out of the truck's bed and hangs them on their hooks. The day's flown by, carried by his growing excitement at re-joining the world of touch. After showering quickly, he grabs a sandwich and an orange, and logs in to the site.

He smiles upon seeing the little red notification button-- with a 3 in it! "Well, now, what have we here? Maybe I still have a little of 'it'!" Excitedly, he clicks to see his first three messages.

2hot4U wrote: "Looks like you're open for some new experiences. I'm your girl! Write me!" Manny looks at the strangely pushy message. It reminds him of the skittish little fillies his young friend had to choose from, the other night. And that screen name...it just gave him a creepy, slimy vibe, for some reason. Manny, not wishing to be rude, replied, "Thanks, but I'm just looking around the site, right now. Good luck with your continued search!" Cringing, he considered blocking her, but decided against it. No need to alienate everyone right off the bat!

PrincessPoo wrote: "I like to receive back rubs and foot rubs, I like having my hair washed, and I like to..." Manny stopped reading, and began counting how many times the message contained the word "I." "If there's that much of you, Dear, there's probably not left in your world for me," he thought, with a growing sense of disappointment.

How times had changed. He'd married young, and truly believed that it would be forever. He thought of how it seemed that no one even needed to know a person's real name before jumping right into wanting to tell him or her who or how to be, or what it is that they expect. No thought, it seemed, of what another person might hope for or need. Shaking his head, he responded with a brief wish for her success on the site.

With none of the joyful excitement he'd initially felt, he clicked on the last message. "Let's see what your demands are..." he mumbled to himself.

NoD-Lila wrote: "If you like Pina Coladas..." lol Extra points if you even get that! Hi, my name is Lila. I enjoyed your profile, and I make a mean lasagna. It's a rare and wonderful thing that you're already house-trained, and I also know how to drive.

I'm not offering any activities "on the dunes of the Cape," but if you'd be interested in spending time with a person who still knows the value of skin, and the joy of touch, please write me! Lila

Manny stares at the screen, drinking in her words. He smiles at her cheesy reference to the old song, and at her gentle boundary setting. "She seems like the real thing!" he thinks as he hurriedly composes his response, the joy having returned, multiplied..

More please! :)

Imajen

• @ImajenMoon CHOW? No no no no no. That's Mr. Chang, ("El Tigre Chino") the teacher of Spanish 101. Get your Jeong straight, Missy!

• More please! I am really enjoying this thread, I am trying to gather the courage to add to the story, I am just not as good as you guys!

Haha! Cuddle4health! Welcome! I LOVE. THIS. STUFF!!! Please DO "gather courage" and dive on in with us!
    None of us are getting paid---it's kind of like karaoke! Try it! It's fun! lol

And to you, Mr. SD, I got your "missy," right here! lol

"Lila," Manny's response read. "I laughed when I actually got your screen name! I'm glad you're "no Delilah!" That lady was a lousy Cuddly Partner! lol From your reference to the "dunes of the Cape," I take it that you agree with this being just platonic. I hope that's the case. I don't think I can take another "sheering" right now.

If you'd be comfortable with it, maybe we could exchange numbers...maybe have some coffee, or a drink or two, and hammer out some details. I'll wait for that mean lasagne...at least until you agree! My number, if you choose to accept it, is 555-555-****. Hope to hear from you! Manny"

"Sorry, Tommy," Lila addressed her young, handsome personal trainer in his absence, "but this fella's got muscles where you still need work!" his message, and all that it represented, brightened her whole day. Lila catwalked toward the bathroom. "I'll give you a call as soon as I package this material, Buddy!" Giggling, she ran the rest of the way to go get ready.

Manny logs off, frustrated. He'd had the day off, and had frequently checked to see if Lila had responded to his invitation. He'd heard of people doing what some called "ghosting" others, after they'd written a couple of times. "Well, if she's interested, she's got my number. Guess I'll go find something to do with myself..." he mumbles as he slaps on a ball cap and heads out to trim his lawn.

Lila, nervously dials Manny's digits into her phone. No answer. Hesitatingly, she leaves a message, stating that she will be at the Courtside Bar and Grill at 7pm, wearing a blue dress. She added, "I hope to see you there," and quickly rang off.

"I hate moles.." Manny tugged at his mower, pulling it out of the hidden mole hole. Tired and hot from the yardwork, he headed toward the house. Once inside, he tossed his gloves and hat up into the cubby in the mudroom, and went in search of something cold. He reached into the fridge, first for a beer, then thought better of it. "I think I'll just do juice, this time." Just the possibility of being seen and heard again had already impacted him. Smiling, he strolls toward the computer.

Pulling his phone out, to sit down, Manny notices a missed call. Sweating from the yardwork, he calls up and listens, expecting one of his workers to have called about some inconsequential thing that they should have taken care of themselves.

Having heard the message, Manny panics. "Hell! It's 6:45, right now!!! It'll take me twenty minutes to get there!!" Jumping up, he runs toward the bathroom..."Wait! No! I don't have time for that!" Frustrated, he stops in his tracks. "Breathe. Relax. Your world does not hinge on this. I am just fine.." he repeats the affirmations that got him through his divorce." Returning to his computer chair, he nervously hits redial.

"Hello?" Lila answers, purring. Manny listens, held captive by the nearness of this new, soft voice. "Manny?" Lila asks, her smile flowing through to him on her voice. "Yes. It's Manny. Lila?" he manages to choke out. "Hello! I was starting to worry if maybe you'd changed your mind.." Lila chided, gently, hoping she was wrong. "No! I haven't! Hi, Lila! I've really enjoyed your messages! Uh...here's the thing. I was cutting grass and didn't get your message until now..." "Well, if you want to just cancel..." Lila whispered, disappointment crashing in on her. "No! No! I don't... Wait. Look. I'm sure you look very pretty in your blue dress. I would like to come, but I'll be really, really late.." Manny gestures emphatically as he speaks into the phone. "Not if you come now, right? There's nothing wrong with some good, honest sweat!"

Manny, surprised at the notion,"Yes! Right! Hey! Okay...Okay! I'll be right there!"
    Quickly grabbing a hand towel from the linen closet, Manny hops into his truck and heads for the highway, figuring he'd take the quickest way possible to that lady in blue at the Courtside Bar and Grill.

More please! :)

I can't believe I just typed "sheering" instead of "shearing"...you know, like sheep? Just happened to see that... Carry on!

• "Breathe. Relax. Your world does not hinge on this. I am just fine.." Manny repeats it in his head as he tries not to speed on the way there. He stops at a red light and checks his appearance in the mirror, " I wish I had shaved" he mumbles, afterall first appearances are everything. He thought about how soft and friendly her voice was on the phone and just thinking about it brings him some peace. "it's a platonic cuddle, and today we are just going to talk about it and our boundaries, I don't need to feel so nervous" he tells himself as he continues to drive and feels the anticipation build as he gets closer to the destination. He reminds himself to keep taking deep breaths and pace himself. He isn't sure if he is more excited or more nervous but just thinking that there is a chance to "feel" again makes him wish he could fly there. He finally pulls in to the parking lot, there is a spot right by the entrance, and it makes him feel a sense of destiny as if he were meant to be there and everything in his life is starting to fall into place. For years he has been living his life as if in automatic, trying to keep himself busy and ignore that empty, hungry, yearn for something. Platonic Cuddle. Those two words meaning that he can feel "touch" without having to risk being hurt again. It just filled him with hope and it felt like a new, but safe, adventure.

I notice I go from past to present tense.. I've got to work on that....

• I love this thread! So much creativeness coming to life! I'm not good with stories but I do LOVE reading!!!! I dont have cable, Netflix, or Hulu but I'll take a good book or audio book and really enjoy it! I don't do much these days, I work so much that my brain is fried by the end. lol

Thank you for allowing your imaginations to carry on!

Cuddle. 4. Health.:
    Wow? I mean...just, wow? GET IT IN, GIRL!!!! WoooooHOOOOO!!! YOU. ARE. OUR. KIND!!!!!!!
    Oh, and don't worry about the past/present tense thing, here. We all do it. We do that, no subject verb agreement, make syntax errors...you know, we just write for the joy of it! Even with all of that, though, you notice how the story still shines through???
    SO GLAD YOU GOT YOUR COURAGE UP!!! Bring your "tenses" on in here!!!! lol

SouthFlorida4U, Welcome!!! A hard working person, such as yourself, should definitely reserve a seat, right here, so that you can relax after a long day! I hope, if you ever decide to, that you'll drop in a line or two...or three :)... to move the story in a direction that gives YOU chills!

I LOVED THE PARKING SPOT MANIFESTATION!! Intuitive, insightful, engaging.... I AM HAVING A BALL WITH THIS!!!!

I hope we all are.... ALL 747 VIEWS OF US!!!
    Imajen

Make that 823 of us!

Parking, Manny steps out, roughly wiping his face with the towel. Tossing it into the truck, he locks up and jogs across the empty roadway leading to the bar entrance.

Lila checks her phone. No word. 7:10pm. "Well, I'm here, now. Guess I'll wait for a few more minutes," she whispers, wondering if she'd made a fool of herself. She adjusts the light ruffle on her blouse and quickly tucks her hair behind both ears. She'd forgotten how much "work" was involved in trying to draw the attention of a man. Breathing deeply, she relaxes. As exciting as the idea of his liking her is, she happily realizes that this could be just one of many, many meetings. It wasn't worth getting bent out of shape over.

The bartender sets down the lime marguerita she'd ordered. "Might as well make myself comfortable," she chuckles to herself, paying and generously tipping the friendly, bespectacled young man. "You look lovely tonight, Ma'am. Thank you!" His pleasant compliment seemed in earnest, not motivated by the nice tip she'd given. "Thank you!" Lila smiles, touched by his shy, fumbling compliment. Sipping the fruity potion through a straw, she briefly glances toward the entrance. A few noisy college kids stroll in, waving to friends. Deflated, she turns, once more, to examining the liquor bottles behind the bar..

Manny walks in and immediately begins to scan the bar for a blue dress. He sees her. Oceans, summer skies, the shimmering breast of a hummingbird, the deep, immense blue of the Cote d'Azure---all of the blues his life ever needed...right there in that dress... on this woman who's now almost stopped his heart. Solidly built, with an elegant carriage, she seems to grace the entire length of the bar at which she sits. Her long legs, crossed demurely at the ankle, her feet resting serenely on the bottom rung of the bar stool. Her short, asymmetrical cut framed her face so beautifully, and was such an unusual, unexpected perk that he just stood there and examined her for a bit, before a crowd of rowdies bubbled in behind him, jolting him back into motion.

Bracing himself, Manny strolls over, his "game face" riveted on to hide his growing nervousness. He bellies up to the bar, three stools away from her. He leans in, waving for the attention of the barkeep. Lila, noticing movement, looks to see who's there..

She recognizes him, immediately, and holds her breath to stop the choking on the sip she'd just taken from her drink. He's smiling at her, and he looks even better than his picture! Choking the sip down, she drops her gaze, to stall for time.
    Smiling, Manny leans over the stools between them and whispers, "May I join you? You look incredible!" Lila nods, desperately trying to keep from laughing and choking at the same time. Finally recovering, Lila extends her hand, "Thanks for meeting with me, Manny. I'm glad you could make it!" They shake hands, as they both realize that something, even if briefly, is about to get real..

Okay... who's next? Chomp chomp! :)

For an hour they laugh and talk together, agreeing on boundaries and sharing stories and lessons they'd gained from their respective lives. Lila, wishing that they didn't need to wait in order to cuddle, glanced toward the door as Manny wrapped up his last point.

Noticing, Manny asks, "Am I boring you?" "No," Lila answers, suddenly focusing completely on his face, his eyes. "I've had a wonderful time, Manny. I like talking with you. It's just that this place..." Manny peers at her, silently hoping. "..is just a little too busy and a bit too noisy for my liking. I was hoping you could walk me to my car so we can, maybe, schedule a day...and a place...for a cuddle party before we go?" "I would like that. Very much." Manny answers, his nerves settling with the sweet power of having received a truly acceptable mission.

"I was hoping you'd say that. Come on!" Lila pushes her margeurita away, and stands. "Let's go!" Manny motions toward the door, as if to escort her out. Lila, grabbing her purse, allows him to guide her with his hand, protectively, at the small of her back. (How the hell do you even spell "marguerita"??? lol)

Outside, they agree to meet the next evening, once more at 7pm. Smiling and clasping hands, he holds the door as she climbs into her car. Waving, he jogs back to his truck.

The next morning...

She texts him a sweet message, giving him her street address, and telling him that the lasagne's in the oven. Manny, still too excited to believe this all was actually happening, smiles at the text. "This will probably be one of the longest days of my life!" he laughs to himself, rubbing his hand, heavily, down his face.

It had felt incredible to just be in the presence of a woman, again. A woman whose acceptance of him showed in the way she looked at him, smiled at him, heard the meaning behind his words. She hadn't been overtly flirtatious, which was a relief. He wasn't looking to start anything "long term." She had, however, been able to show a deep, feminine interest, and his whole soul appreciated the trust she'd obviously now rested in him.

Lila, having slid the deep lasagne pan into the over, returned to her bedroom. Pulling out every silk or satin item she owned, she looked at the clothing strewn upon her bed. "Too loud. Too short. Too...too!" she laughed at her lack of what she considered "appropriate cuddle attire." She thought of him, as she tossed other items out. He was plain, calm; he seemed clean-natured, not glitzy, or "metro," and she liked that about him. She inhaled, deeply, enjoying the excitement of knowing that he would be there, in the flesh, and holding her. Soon.

At 2pm, Manny calls Lila. "Hello? Manny? Is that you?" Lila answers, her surprise and concern coming through on her voice. "Hello, Lila. Can I come earlier than 7?" His bald request makes her laugh. "I thought you had to work!" she giggles, frowning at the entire mess she's made of her bedroom. "I did. I got finished. What do you say? If you need me to, I'll wait.." Manny, doing a lateral cutting motion toward his foreman to shut down the job, listens for her answer. "I would love for you to come earlier, Manny. When should I expect you?" He quickly calculates his travel/ shower/prep time and comes up with an estimate. "Between three thirty and four?" "That would be fine. I'll have your lasagne ready!" Lila smiles into the phone, delighted, as she speaks.

"Manny?" "Yes, Lila?" "I can't wait!" Manny shivers, squeezing his gloved had tightly to keep his own excitement from showing. "Me, either, Lila. Me, either!"

Lila rushes around, refolding, rehanging, and replacing her items in their places. She runs the vacuum, once more, then plugs in the air freshener. "Um...um...okay. Stop it. This isn't a date, silly girl! He already enjoys you---you don't have to freak out, anymore!" Lila reins herself in.

Turning away from the now cleared bed, she catches her reflection in the full-length mirror in the corner of the room. "That body," she mumbles to herself, "doesn't need silk. That body needs VELOUR!!" Suddenly inspired, partly by realizing how great it would feel, and partly by how she remembered its being kind to her now thick-but-getting-fit form, Lila grabbed a soft, sun-yellow velour t-and pants set from her closet. She'd worn it only once, on vacation, and it had held the memory of that glorious time for her, ever since. How appropriate that it would once more grace her form as she experienced yet another new adventure!

"Funny thing, Manny," his foreman, leaning in the doorway of Manny's on-site office. "After you shut down the job, the concrete guy called to say he wouldn't be able to get here until tomorrow, anyway. You sure do seem to have some help up there, somewhere!" The two friends laugh as the foreman waves, leaving for the day. Manny remembers the feeling of finding the parking spot, right out front, the day he went to meet Lila. "Sometimes, things just fall into place!" he reminded himself, happily, as he left the office, shutting off the lights.

The doorbell's melodious tones startled Lila as she rotated the wine bottle in the freezer. Scanning the place one last time, she rushes to receive her new friend. They hug, laughing together, as he kicks out of his shoes, remembering to respect her space.

She invites him into the kitchen for wine and lasagne. They share their respective projects, eat, and conduct a mock fight over the last breadstick. "I'm done with your shenanigans, Buddy. Here, let's get you a little less combative!" Laughing, she pours them both a glass of wine. "Come on," Lila leads in toward the living room. "I need your help." Manny, full, de-stressed, and happy, takes a gulp and follows her.

Setting her wineglass on a nearby table, she tosses the pillows from the couch, then points to the metal end of the frame closest to him. "Pull on that." Setting down his wine glass, Manny tugs on the frame. It comes completely up and out of the couch. Lila's back melts. "Well, damn," she stutters, then quickly walks out of the room. Manny, surprised at her strange response, continues unfolding and assembling the fold-out bed and mattress, waiting for her to return.
    Lila gathers the bedclothes, smiling to herself. This was a different type of man, for her. So physical, so present. Waiting a moment, for her back to re-solidify, she heads back to join him in the living room.

"There you are! I was getting worried!" Manny laughs, motioning for her to toss him some of the bed linens. "You really ARE house-trained, aren't you?" Lila observes, impressed. They make up the bed, and place the pillows she's brought. "May I get comfortable, now?" Manny asks, waiting for her response. "Please do!" Lila answers, climbing onto the freshly made cuddle spot, and reaching for her glass.

Manny carefully removes his blazer and his jeans, to reveal soft, terry cloth pajamas. "That's a nice touch. Thank you, Manny!" Lila watches, finishing her wine and forgetting to act disinterested. Laying aside his things, Manny pulls back the blankets, leaving only the sheet exposed, and crawls in. "If it's alright with you," he tells her, quietly, "I'd like to have just the sheet between us."
    "I feel comfortable with that... Let's just get rid of this.." she says as she sets her now-empty glass down.
    Lila slips under the blanket, but on top of the sheet. Giddily, she slides down, positioning herself to lean her back against his sheet-clad body. Manny quickly assumes the Big Spoon position, and paces his breathing, waiting for her to settle into place, as the Small Spoon..
    More please? :)