Cuddling in a hot tub?

Hey all - 
New here with a question. I've had several men suggest cuddling in a hot tub. Just curious what you all think of this? Does it follow the cuddling rules? I have my thoughts on this, but would like to hear what you all think first. Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    I think that they want to do more than just cuddle in a hot tub.
  • edited July 2016
    G
  • [Deleted User]Stucksam (deleted user)
    edited July 2016
    It is definitely not a good idea for a first time cuddle. @SnuggleSymmetry is correct in terms of guys wanting more than just cuddling in a Hot Tub.
    My guess is if they have not mentioned it yet, they will mention it somewhere down the line that they would like to cuddle in the nude/underwear.

Also Cuddlygal21, you mentioned that you have your thoughts on it. Care to share?

Thanks,
    Sam
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    Just my opinion. I personally don't think it's safe. I recommend cuddling first with that person a couple of times before even considering a hot tub.
  • I am old enough to remember "hot tubbing' as a kind of phenomenon, basically natural and healthy of the 60's and later.
    Largely the fear of tubbing is like the fear of cuddling is to too many. 
    Don't let the water factor influence you if you trust the people as cuddlers.
    H2O won't turn them into lechers.    
    Google "CANNIBLE SOUP or TUBBING WITH THE THOMPSONS".
  • Wesson oil is a different situation...
  • To cuddle in a hot tub is to take cuddling to another (different?) level and place and leave the innocence behind. For that reason alone, I would not consider cuddling in a hot tub. It's just different, too, and not in a nurturing way.  
  • Not with someone brand new...at least be VERY comfortable before even trying it.

• Thanks everyone, for your replies! You just confirmed what I thought.  I had to ask though because it's now come up more than once - so I asked myself "am I missing something here?"  Glad to know my gut was right. 

I suppose it could work with a long time cuddle partner that you already trusted, but in this case, they were suggesting it before even having met me. So yeah. I'd guess that "cuddling" wasn't their main agenda. 

• I find cuddling while watching a movie more like a date than sharing a hot tub.
  • Oh no!    Just when we thought it was safe to go near the water!
    Now there is cuddling.
  • Look out for the cuddle sharks.
  • [Deleted User]APV (deleted user)

The only way within the rules of CC I can imagine this happening is to go to a hotel that has an outdoor hot tub so that both parties are motivated to remain fully clothed (bathing suit or swim trunks with a shirt or tank top) as they will be seen by other guests of the hotel if not passersby on the street depending on where the hotel places their hot tub on the property.

In 2013 the first time my parents visited me in Orange County, CA they stayed at Best Western Dana Point Inn-by-the-Sea. There, the outdoor hot tub is out by the street and clearly visible to passersby. While we have discovered another Best Western much closer to my home, and they've been staying there every time they come since 2015, the Best Western closer to my home places its outdoor hot tub in a central location in the atrium created by the four conjoined buildings. There, any guest exiting their room will see you in the hot tub even if they're just gonna drive somewhere else but especially if they're headed for the pool area.

This Vice article mentions a pro meeting a client at a private hot tub. I would NEVER ask anyone on here to do this with me, pro or enthusiast.

• Pro "You can have an inch"
    Client "How about two inches ? That's only a bit more"
    Pro "OK"
    Client "How about three inches ? That's only a bit more"
    Pro "OK"
    Client "How about 63,360 inches ?"

• Mmmm ... Cuddles and communal soaking in overly chlorinated water that hasn't been changed since who knows when ... What a dream... er, I mean, nightmare! Pass!

A cuddle in a jacuzzi style bubble bath, wearing clothes comfy for a snuggle-soak... That might be something I'd actually consider...

• I wouldn’t do a session where I wear a bathing suit and I’m certainly not going to wear shorts and a tank top in a hot tub. How uncomfortable lol

• @Sheena123 ~ I've worn surf shorts and a swim tank top in one and they were totally comfy and fine. For me, "regular" swimsuits are uncomfortable to even look at let alone wear in a place that's supposed to be relaxing.

But if we're talking about ones like these from the Roaring 20s count me in! They were made from a flannel like material so they wouldn't float up and they were super cute too!

Bathingsuit Beauty Queens

And some sort of cue at the beach...?

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
  • I would definitely want to do more than cuddle in a hot tub.

I'm thinking marco polo, splash fights, cannonball contest.

• Anything in a hot tub is a big no for me.

• I have a hot tub with spray jets which are smaller than a typical Jacuzzi just FYI. I believe a jacuzzi allows more room and comfort for whatever the occasion.

• edited July 2021

Oh no! Just when we thought it was safe to go near the water!
    Now there is cuddling.

@Crispin LMAO! 🤣

@Cuddlygal21 I agree with others that it sounds suspicious and I wouldn't do it for a first time cuddle. If and when I did, I probably would not want to do it where other people could watch, because I think that it could easily be misinterpreted; I might only do it with a client who has some bona fide disability that is alleviated by immersion in water, and only if I had very good reason to trust them (I might even ask for documentation of such a recommendation from a doctor). Thing is, though, I've never liked hanging out in water for very long, be it in a pool, hot tub, other bathroom tub, so I don't know if I'd do it at all.

Thanks, @APV , for the link to that article!

• Just fyi the OP deactivated their account in 2016.....

• The question itself is absurd. It should not even be considered. The rules are no underwear, no bathing suits, no naked. Who the f wants to get in the hot tub in their pajamas? Stick to the sofa or the bed dudes.

• [Deleted User]sage_wisdom (deleted user)

from a professional view, any time you are asked to do something where you would be wearing less clothing than normal is a big fudgin’ red flag. It is inappropriate and unacceptable. If it is something you wouldn’t ask your mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, daughter, friend, or psychotherapist to do, then you shouldn’t ask that of a cuddle professional.

• @PrinceDon ~ Not considered? Like at all?

Because when planning a cuddle weekend, one of the places I was hoping we could get was an AirBnB out in the country that had a lovely looking hot tub where at night the star gazing would have been incredible and during the day had a sweeping view of the Valley and two nearby mountains. It seemed like the perfect cuddle retreat! Unfortunately, it wasn't available for the three days we were hoping for... but dang! If one has water wear that is modest, and a good (respectful/responsible/safe) cuddle partner, I don't see why it shouldn't be considered. 🤷‍♀️

• I can certainly understand the hesitation if a stranger messages you about cuddling in a hot tub. That gives off a vibe that says looking to make out and grope . My thing though is that if two people know each other, are comfy with each other, and there is at least some level of rapport and trust, who cares where you and how you cuddle ? I think it is silly when I see people telling grown adults what to do and how to do it. If you are not comfy with that, dont . If you are, then do. I've been in hot tubs and pools with people I have met here . It's about intent , comfort level , and actions . Its not as though I turn into a crazed uncontrollable gremlin when I get wet . I would like to think if someone can be trusted to cuddle a stranger in a hotel bed in sleepwear with smoothe jazz music and candles or whatever people are doing, then they can be trusted in close proximity while in water . But like I said , if that were among the very first messages from someone I can see why it would be a red flag for sure .