Welcome to the Plague States of America. πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈβ˜ οΈ

"In the end, Trump did what he said. He built a wall around America and made the world pay for it. He just never told Americans that they’d be stuck inside."

Welcome to the Plague States of America. You can check out, but you can never leave.

https://rsci.app.link/MOha3lki07?_p=c21029c09a1c63f9fc1c87f9

πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½...

Β«13

Comments

• I appreciate the Hotel California reference.

• I'm already in Texas. Why would I want to leave?

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

@MissAdventurous, that is hilarious.

• edited July 2020

It is a typical Anti-Trump article. Based completely on lies and fodder for individuals of low intelligence.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/arrests-at-u-s-border-with-mexico-jumped-40-in-june-11594326196
    Using deaths per million of population, the United States has faired much better than Europe. If anyone should be blamed for the carnage in the world it is the communist Government of China. That is where the virus came from.

• edited July 2020

I hope when a virus randomly mutates in the states I hope you gladly call it the American virus and blame yourself.

• Eight years it's been that no one complained about the name MERS carries - Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. SARS, as it was, and as it is again, is Chinese in origin. You can't deny what their government's fumble and secrecy has cost the world in tremendous ways.

As for the border map, there are many countries that aren't faring better. It's like shopping at the mall after hours. It's not so much that we can't go anywhere as that no one can go anywhere. Spin article spins.

• I trust Fauci over Trump.
    They aren't saying the same thing.

• edited July 2020

Its sad when things like this become politicized . Covid gives zero fox about what somebody's political alliance is . It certainly gives zero fox about whether or not you believe data and statistics. What it does care about is finding a host and spreading. So I t loves to see egos and ignorance get in the way of safe practice and common sense . More opportunities for it to stay in existence

• Jasoncuddles, the virus came from Wuhan, China. It likely came from their infectious disease lab where it was being studied. It did not "randomly mutate". Do you think it is just a coincidence The Asian Flu in 1956 killed between one and four million people worldwide, SARS in 2002 infected 8,098 and killed 774 in seventeen counties, H7N9 emerged ten years later to strike at least 1,223 people and kill four out of every ten of them? Now, COVID-19 has killed hundreds of thousands. It is not a coincidence these outbreaks ALL originated in China.
    People's lives are lost and destroyed because of the Chinese communist Government you and MissAdventurous defend. You'd rather criticize America. Just awful people.

• @eddie2sweaty Wow! Looks like somebody has been drinking the Kool-Aid...........

• Spuds, I don’t drink Kool-aid. Do you have any facts to add?

• edited July 2020

@eddie2sweaty you ask for facts but it is not a fact that covid 19 nor any other viruses you mentioned were made in a lab or being studied in a lab and got loose . Don't really see anybody defending the Chinese government either. If you would like to insert some facts though, feel free . And remember , Clovid could care less, even less than me , about what your political beliefs are pertaining to this . Science is everything. Virology is everything. Rhetoric is nothing. Opinion is nothing.

• @eddie2sweaty
    First of all, its nonsense that this virus came from a lab. there's no proof of that. but even if it did, it doesn't explain why the rest of the world is doing so much better than us at handling this pandemic. Why is Italy doing so much better than us now ? That's not because of china. that's not because of some lab. that's because they have leaders who actually took this seriously and told people to shut down.
    We had a leader who said it was a democratic hoax...we had a leader who refuses even today to be seen on camera wearing a mask because maybe he's too childish and thinks its embarrassing to be seen wearing a mask..he has politicized mask wearing when it is just a simple health precaution and shouldn't be political at all.
    There is no reason for it to be political except American leadership has made it so.
    Even Boris in the UK, who I thought was a blithering idiot...even he, has had enough sense to wear a mask...of course he got covid19 and was sick, so he can't ignore it...but even without that he is someone who believes in science and did what he could.
    But American leadership is not one that follows science...which is very scary because in times like these science is the only way out.

• edited July 2020

You know who loves people who don't wear masks, distance themselves, sanitize, and whine about their rights and personal liberties being taken away? Wanna guess ? The virus !

• edited July 2020

This is the view directly around the corner from my office at my weekend job . Keep talking about politics all you want. but trust me, we have people of all.political affiliations on this floor .

• We are all going to die at some point in this life. Live life to the fullest!! We've been dying since the minute we've been born. There are so many possibilities on how we die other than the virus.

• It's like being on the south side of Chicago. You are more likely to get shot and killed. Than by catching the virus and dying from it.

• edited July 2020

Of course we all die but there is such thing as avoidable death and living life to the fullest has nothing to do with it . If you catch it you may be fine its the people you pass it to.who may have you fo blame for being on a vent . Real life example. A veterans nursing home right here in AL has 150 residents. Of that 150, there were 91 covid cases , 23 resulting in covid related death starting from march . Ground zero was an employee who didn't even know she had it due to having no symptoms but within a week of her testing positive the residents began testing positive . Are you able to see the domino effect of not taking this seriously and being reckless in terms of caution?

• @camperdude989 You're right--we are all going to die at some point. That doesn't mean that one should go out and take stupid chances that will likely make that point in time sooner rather then later.

• @MissAdventurous
    See what you started again!! You brought up the same old shit show. Like how other people brought up it up and wanted to talk about this virus and there political view about it. You just put a different name in the title on your thread.

• @eddie2sweaty you claimed "Using deaths per million of population, the United States has faired much better than Europe. If anyone should be blamed for the carnage in the world it is the communist Government of China. That is where the virus came from."

Europe was affected earlier and had somewhat different challenges at that point in time, so direct comparisons are mismatched. They have reduced their rates of spread to less than a trickle, while the US is raging, especially in the red state areas which pretended that there was no pandemic and crowds barged into public spaces without masks to have armed protests, clamoring to reopen. Karma is a 🐩.

• Ok people want facts, her are a few. Three undeniable facts are humans must have air to breath, food to eat, water to drink. Go without any of them for a length of time and the fact is, you will die. Even @pmvines cant ague that. Ok, air is free. Water may be free depending on where you live, you have to pay for bottled or pay the city for tap. For the majority of non food growing people food costs money. So the fact is we need continuous money to live, not even counting the money needed for rent etc. Therefore we must create money to buy that which we must have to live. Therefore we need jobs to make money to buy that which we need to sustain life. Therefore it is not sustainable to keep the country locked up and even the federal gov cannot print that much money to pay our bills. Another fact is that facts are continuously shown to be BS and or admitted straight out lies to force action. We have to work and that means milling about. And yes people will die. News flash! It has always happened. Every one of you reading this will die in a cornucopia of ways. Live responsibly not scared.

@camperdude989 yes this is a here we go again thread but no one has actively brought more of the beauty in the human condition to these forums, and I still love me some @MissAdventurous, she is amazing!

• @Melancholy Your great Dr. Fouci admitted himself that He purposely lied to the public about masks in the beginning. The fact is the scientists are all lying about knowing what they are talking about cuz they do not. They are guessing cuz nothing like this has happened in their lifetimes.

• @pmvines it is very easy for you to preach high and mighty to us all, and proudly display your bleeding heart and your visqueen wall. Easy it is when your bank account hasn't seen any missing pay checks. You may actually be doing better with overtime money coming in, possible hazard bonuses on top of govt checks that not everyone got. I understand the virus doesnt give a fox about all that you stated. You know what else doesnt give a fox? Walmart when you need food, gas stations when the car is on fumes, banks when you bounce checks, credit card companies, commercial lease holders, the bosses who say sorry your job is gone cuz the shut down put me out of business. I can go on an on.

So please forgive me my friend but you can take your sanctimonious BS and shove it up another place the virus doesnt give a fox about. You take care of the dying and let us take care of the living.

• Jeez ~ This got hostile. How sad that so many clearly need hugs and aren't able to get them. Or are they...?

crossing arms over my chest, my hands rubbing and patting my back, my eyes closed, rocking myself from side to side ~ "Shhh.... there, there. You're okay. Get out of this political forum and go look at the humor, art or the one that had all the snuggly animal pics instead. You'll be feeling better in no time. I promise. Shhh..." ~ followed by more encouraging pats and a great big squeeze.

Well how about that?! I just got a much needed hug and am already feeling better!
    πŸ•ŠπŸ’–πŸŒ

...note, no germs were spread in the making of this moment... (and don't tell, but I got my hug while mask-less... 😲 gasps)

• I don't recall defending China or saying the states is a garbage country. I just think blaming people for a virus is silly. They mutate and spread all the time, and have probably for billions of years.

• The data says that ethnic minorities are more likely than white people to die of the virus. If it was created in a Chinese lab, they would surely have been clever enough to ensure that their own citizens were less symptomatic ( to spread it faster covertly ), while being more fatal to white, black, Hispanic etc.