Welcome to the Plague States of America. ๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธโ˜ ๏ธ

13ยป

Comments

• @snuggleme123
    We imprison some people who break our laws, because we are afraid of the harm they are likely to cause us. Do you think that is cowardice ?

If we don't borrow trillions from the future to fight this virus, there will be no future.

People left our land, to use better weapons technology to take over the land of the indigenous people who lived there. Not very brave of them.

People who open shops and people who go in those shops, are putting at risk the people at the end of the transmission chains ; who didn't benefit from the transaction.

The US government kills people all the time, either by the death penalty for local murder, or its enemies abroad ; the lockdowns, by reducing transmission, save lives.

If you bought a gun, loaded it, and then left it on a park bench because you didn't need it any more ; would you consider yourself responsible for the harm caused by a felon or child who picked it up ? Or would you blame the person who went on to pull the trigger ? I'm trying to understand at what point you actually consider yourself responsible for your actions.

• @geoff1000 ~ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Wow. Just wow. The amount of stupidity being displayed by those who are anti-mask, for any reason, or who are saying that the USA is doing better than any other country is just staggering. Wow, seriously wow. I don't have the time or energy to get through that much crap in anyone. Wow. Bless your heart. Bless all your hearts.

• @cabellye Trump got elected the first time playing into peoples stupidity and he's counting on the stupid to get him elected for a second term. Very sad.

• @cabellye
    The UK put off mask wearing initially, because the medical ones were in such short supply, and there was a worry that "civilians" would take them. It's now compulsory on public transport, and shops are likely soon.

I see a lot of people wearing masks, who then stand much closer to each other than the recommended distance, because the mask makes them feel immune. ( Like wearing a seat belt makes people drive faster ) It's called "risk homeostasis" apparently.

Transmission can be caused by talking, but I still see too many people who properly socially distance as they pass in the street, then spoil that by shouting out their thanks at the point of closest approach. Why can't we encourage more silent communication ? A wave or thumbs-up would be fine.

• edited July 2020

@spuds
    I'm not a fan of Trump. But I would not have Sleepy Joe in office either. I think that he is to old and he touches women inappropriately. Plus he had two minor strokes not to long ago. He had to go to physical therapy for them. So, I think that he is not physically and mentally fit for office. Half the time he doesn't know what he is talking about. I think that dementia is kicking in also.

• edited July 2020

@camperdude989 So, Trump at 74 isn't old but Biden at 77 is? Trump doesn't touch women inappropriately? Biden doesn't know what he's talking about? Do you ever listen to what Trump says? Wow....Just wow.....

• @spuds Yeah, Trump at 74 and appearing senile and demented isn't old but Biden as 77 is. Biden touches women inappropriately, while Trump brags about sexual harassment and assault and rape. You also notice that he uses the orange shitgibbon's nickname for Biden. Lots of cognitive dissonance there, and a lot of other idiocy.

• edited July 2020

@spuds @cabellye
    I never said that Trump never did anything bad or anything. He is also not fit for office either. And for the nickname. I just think that it's funny. How about you come up with a better nickel for Biden then?

Plus, when Obama was in office for 8 years. I don't remember this much bickering and bitching about him. Yes, there was some but not this much. That I can remember.

• Either could have their last piece of sand slip at any time.
    โณ...โŒ›๐Ÿ˜ต
    Take a look at the whole team (not just one) and then decide ~ Who do you want coming in to replace them?

• You guys should vote for a turnip and get rid of your two party system. The turnip is guaranteed to not cause any international incidents either. Plus it doesn't sit there name calling and blaming everyone else for all the problems. Sounds pretty great to me.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

@JasonCuddles is that by any chance a Blackadder reference?

• @camperdude989 I have a better nickname for Biden....."Commander in Chief".

• I will vote for the self love hippo

• @spuds
    Of the old folks homes!! But nice try though!!

• I see this thread has lost the "new posts bump to the top" feature. I think someone is trying to tell us something.

• @geoff1000
    It's been like this for about a week already.

• @camperdude989
    Has it ? I've not been keeping up.

I must admit my mind has been elsewhere, the RMS Titanic is overdue and I'm wondering what happened to it.

• @Zundar I do like black adder and I could see me using it without remembering where it was from. Which episode are you thinking of?

• @geoff1000
    Yes, it has. It's always good to be distracted sometimes.

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

@JasonCuddles Dish and Dishonesty, the voting episode. Baldrick is given a bunch of money to bribe some lords with but ends up buying a massive turnip with it. Not a direct reference to the events of the episode, but the similarities were enough to remind me lol.

• haha I don't remember that one. I should rewatch them, it has been like 20 years.

• I'd also recommend the Blackadder specials like "Back and Forth" and "A Christmas Carol".

• Hey thanks @snuggleme123. That was sweet to read.