Is it wrong to prefer a Cuddler I find handsome/pretty?

13»

Comments

• Is it against the rules of the site? I'd guess not, especially since they have filters for all kinds of attributes.

Is it immoral? Personally, I think humans are the way they are, and attempting to lie to ourselves that we're not tends to cause more suffering than just accepting it. Obviously there's negative aspects to ourselves that we should use laws to stop (violence, slavery, theft, etc), but expecting people to feel ashamed that they like certain types and parts of the human body has hurt people (and has been an excuse to hurt other people) for probably longer than recorded history.

• I don’t know how you could do the opposite of what is described. To actively choose to cuddle someone you find unattractive would be a chore and be very discriminatory to people. Attraction is natural in all its forms.

• @BashfulLoner I'm probably risking severely souring this thread with high-emotion content by providing an example of imposing the opposite of what is described, but there is an ongoing debate in the LGBT community about what preferences regarding trans people are considered bigoted/unacceptable. Some of the opinions you can find on the Internet state that some people are extremely morally in the wrong for not being attracted to certain types or parts of the human body. It's also a minefield to say anything about this topic, so I think that's as far as I'm gonna go.

• @zerocantaloupe: Yeah, I find that controversy annoying. There are many different types of attraction, and every person has many facets to which you can find yourself attracted or not attracted in many different ways—without ever once denying who and what they are!

It's not like attraction (of any type) is a choice.

Returning to CC, though: engaging with someone you're attracted to in a non-platonic way is a choice! And no, thinking someone's nice to look at (aesthetic attraction) is not innately non-platonic. So it's fine.

• So can you have a squish based on how someone posts ? Because I think I have a posting squish or two as well as several regular ones

• @GreyingBear: You can indeed! There are many aspects of a person, from how they post to how they walk or smile, and it's possible to be platonically drawn to any one (or more) of those gem-like facets.

Squishes are fun.

• Cuddling, like all human experiences, doesn't exist in a vacuum. Cuddling implies a certain amount of intimacy and vulnerability with a person. Alas, you cannot connect without vulnerability which is why, historically, trust and connection, which take time and effort to build, were prerequisites to cuddling. Historically, cuddling itself was a way to strengthen those bonds; either familial one's between adults and children or romantic bonds and was often a prerequisite to sex. It was like this for millennia and is akin to evolutionary programming. It is only recently that technology has enabled(or caused) the compartmentalization of specific human experiences that were always fluid. This explains why most people want to cuddle with someone they're attracted to. It is essentially the physical illusion of an experience that is only the product of building a relationship. Of course, with extended isolation or touch deprivation, people will take the illusion over nothing.

• You should be able to feel free and cuddle with exactly who u want to u have that right we are here to comfort and relax u queen check out my profile pic and tell me if on handsome thanks in advance have a great night

• Your asking for too much good luck in finding that ideal person

• An someone explain squish?

• @GreyingBear Sapio-squishio? Demi-squishio?

@BashfulLoner - A platonic crush characterized by admiration, somewhat infatuation, and in awe...but in a non-sexual way. That's my best definition.

When you have a problem, you MUST squish it! Squish it good! Move it forward. Move ahead!

• I get it. Fits perfectly

• @cylee1180 It's not too late
    to squish it
    squish it good

• [Deleted User]Btown (deleted user)

What goes thump thump thump squish. thump thump thump squish?
    A caterpillar with one wet boot.

• @GreyingBear Duh duh duhduh, squish! Ha. When you have a problem, you must squish it!

• I'm the same with attractiveness, I want to at least feel attracted physically, it makes it better. If I wasn't I think it would be sorta empty feeling. I mean I think that's just normal

• Seems that physical appearance is more.important to the men on here than the women ....

• @pmvines yea, plenty of anecdotal and empirical evidence to support that one, mate. Dare I say, it is common knowledge.