Funniest / weirdest / most interesting cuddle moment

What are the amusing, or remarkable, or curiously noteworthy things that have happened to you in the context of cuddling?

Happy stories only, please. (We'll do the bad kind of weird another time.)

Sadly I don't have any to report. I don't even think I'm going to turn up in somebody else's story ...

Comments

• Gas lots of gas

• I would say one of the most amusing cuddles was a female cuddler I had weekly. One of the times we were cuddling, her 5 year old boy couldn’t sleep so he jumped in with us and passed right out for the session. Her and I were watching ITCrowd while he was hanging off of us lol

• Ooh I have one for this! I was on long weekend camping trip with a long time cuddle buddy. We were cozyed up next to the banked coals of the fire in our double sleeping bag looking at the stars and planning the next days hike when a mama raccoon and her two kits just wandered up on top of us and curled up on our legs like they owned us cat style! They just layed there with us for about 30 minutes or so while we talked quietly and tried not to upset her before mama got up and waddled off kits in tow. TLDR unexpectedly cuddle pile with cute raccoons. :)

• @misternatureboy it was indeed! Objectively I KNOW we were just warm and comfy couches and had we been any one else they'd have done the same thing, but it doesn't change how I FELT that they chose to curl up on us. :)

I can count on one hand the number of times a mama animal has felt safe enough to let their spawnlings be near me and I honestly treasure all 4 of them.

• @NightShift39 how does it feel to be a Disney princess?

• @misternatureboy My youngest spawnlings 4 year old self would point out that "Daddy is da pwetiest pwetty fawwy pwincess" lmao.

Ironically being half Cherokee I guess being Pocahontas isn't soo bad though she was neither a princess nor of my people lol

• [Deleted User]arghdaddy (deleted user)

@NightShift39 that is pretty awesome, you just can't top that. Like @pmvines said, I think farting would be the most common thing right. But like us men never truly grow up, I just laughed my a** off. I think she was uncomfortable about it until she heard me laugh.

• @arghdaddy yeah I don't know what else you really can do at that point but try and get past it as quick as possible lol (or just pretend you didn't notice it at all if it was your partners gas)

• @NightShift39 @arghdaddy

I don't know what else you really can do at that point but try and get past it

Well, you could aways loudly award yourself a mark out of 10.

• @CuddleDuncan I believe that falls under the get past it quickly heading ;) humor is probably the quickest and safest way out of that particular briar patch (also why does that feel like something I would totally do lmao)

• Years ago, I was cuddling with someone who had a kitten that was months old. We were laying down, and her kitten climbed onto me and walked up to my arm. My cuddle partner started to put her hand inside my shirt sleeve, and her kitten pounced on her hand through my sleeve.

• @FlyingToaster At least she didn’t push boundaries and put her hand down something else or else your gender choice on your profile might now be “Wondering.” That would definitely hurt.

• My contribution to the "most interesting" cuddle experience, originally posted here:

The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) runs throughout the East Bay, SF, and to SFO, from where I fly out of quite often. Each one-way trip to the airport, or coming home from the airport takes roughly 75-90 minutes - emphasis on roughly, since these trains have nowhere near the smoothness of European or Chinese train/metro systems. But I digress.

It was a Thursday evening and I'd landed at SFO and got on a 10-car train towards home. By the time the trains get into SF proper, the cars start filling up, and during rush hour, every seat is taken and then more people come on board to stand in aisles and hold onto rails or the hand-holds above them. In general, sometimes people talk with fellow travelers, most stare at their smart phones, some sip their drinks or snack, but it's not unusual to see people fall asleep either. I've heard some very impressive snores above the din of the jostling train cars and electric hubbub.

This night, a woman in her early 30's sat down next to me. Professional, blue or gray eyes that took in everything, and rings on two fingers of each hand. She wore a navy blue pantsuit and placed a leather satchel by her feet next to my own bag. We exchanged nods, 'hellos,' and brief smiles and we both leaned back in our seats.

The train departed, people got on/off at each stop through Embarcadero, and then the train started the rhythmic cacophony through the Transbay Tube under the San Francisco Bay, speeding towards Oakland. I was lulled into the "Bart-zone" from the car swaying and the wall of sound inside the tunnel and I felt my eyes get heavier, but then I blinked in surprise when I felt the woman's head hit my shoulders. I held myself still and waited to see when she would move away, but I felt her further cuddle into my side and shoulder.

So be it.

I let myself fall back into the "Bart-zone" and relaxed. The temperature in the train car was cool, but our combined body heat made me feel much warmer, but comfortable. I became aware of a man sitting facing me from several seats away. He made eye contact, grinned lasciviously, and gave me a thumbs up in her direction. Ah yes, this is why we can't have nice things. I kept my face still, my eyes locked on his, with the phrase "keep it in your pants" repeated in my head until he looked away. She's not here for your entertainment, "Bro."

When the car slowed and stopped at the West Oakland station, she raised her head a moment, looked around, stared at me for three seconds (long enough for me to register that her eyes were more blue than gray), then put her head back down on my shoulder. She was out again before the doors closed and started towards Berkeley. At each station, she woke, looked around, put her head on my shoulder, cuddled into my side, and slept: 12th Street, 19th Street, MacArthur, Rockridge. Once we were halfway through the Berkeley hills tunnel, she sat up straight, yawned, then stretched her arms high above her. As the train slowed towards the Orinda station, she gathered her satchel onto her lap and looked at me again. I smiled lazily, still zoning and several stops from my own departure, and she smiled wide at me. The train stopped and as she stood up she squeezed my shoulder. I waved goodbye to her.

When I got off the train in Walnut Creek, I could smell the scent of her hair on my suit coat.

As a first public cuddle, I have zero complaints other than the horn-dog voyeur.

• @Sideon what a pleasure it is to read something so well written. It has happened to me once or twice, on the London tube. But never quite so consciously or so beautifully, and I've never had my shoulder squeezed.

• The cat 🐈‍⬛ Kept wanting to cuddle/snuggle too 😅 but thankfully she’s the cutest thing ever (wish I had a pic to show) like a real life teddy bear 🧸 too cute ☺️