Isnt playful wrestling just like fun cuddling?

ML7ML7
edited November 2020 in General

Isnt wrestling just aggressive cuddling?

Β«1

Comments

• Isnt wrestling just aggressive cuddling?

• I cuddle while I wrestle

• I always thought cuddling was passive wrestling

• I always thought cuddling was passive wrestling

• edited November 2020

Cuddling and wrestling rarely ever overlap ... when that happens is a lot of fun for sure...but there is no aggression involved I think ..

• edited November 2020

Sigh...

I'm trying to think of two things significantly more different than cuddling and wrestling, and after perhaps ten minutes I've given up because right now I can't. They are profoundly different. It is incomprehensibly depressing that anybody would link them, because it demonstrates a profound misunderstanding of one or both.

Wrestling is a civilised proxy for killing. Its process is suppression, dominance and violence: its end is the destruction of the other.

Cuddling is an expression of peace and togetherness. Its process is surrender to the other, and its end is unity and peace.

That both involve physical closeness is a trivial, coincidental detail. Playing tennis and watching somebody act in a play in a theatre both involve being about 20 yards apart, but nobody ever compares those two activities.

Edit: got a possible one. A similar comparison would be making a snowball, and bringing together two 5kg hemispheres of Plutonium-239.

Edit edit: Aha!! The title has been changed to 'playful wrestling'!!! Well that's completely different. And I would say yes, playful wrestling is absolutely a version of cuddling. It's using some of the details of wrestling for ends very similar to cuddling.

• Absolutely!
    And sometimes cuddling is slow motion wrestling.

• I have cuddled and playful wrestled before. It can be fun with an open minded and consenting adult. @FlyingToaster Awesome 😎!!! Hahaha!!!

• "Isnt playful wrestling just like fun cuddling?"

No! ~ All cuddling, should be "fun cuddling" (for those who are doing said cuddling), and some would not find "playful wrestling" to be at all fun.

So it really depends on who you're with, and if both are in agreement. Kind of like everything with cuddling.

All that said ~ If we've leveled up from the, "nice to meet you/squishy affectionate" stage, and I'm "unexpectedly teased with a tickle", one can pretty much guarantee I'm taking that as a green-light to put them in an "unexpected tight-squeeze leg lock" at some point (of course once trapped I'd make sure they were actually okay with it...)

Still ~ No, it's not the same thing.
    But both are hella fun!

• I agree with those who have said cuddling and playful wrestling are different things. Cuddling should be fun and enjoyable, and also has a component that is mentally/emotionally healing and validating. I don't think playful cuddling has that healing/validating component.

• I agree with Quizotic πŸ€—

• You know a more interesting comparison? β€œIs playful archery just like cuddling?” I say somewhat because both require trust, but if the trust is broken a shafted object is going into off limit places.

• Omg!!! @FunCartel πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Hilarious!

• I would never do playful wrestling with a client, as to me it would be more appropriate in a romantic or sexual context. It's more likely to be stimulating than relaxing.

• @quixotic_life I completely agree both are so much fun. I have also been ticked and then put them in a leg kick too! Haha

• @FunCartel Best comparison EVER! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• Cuddling involves attention to your partner's comfort zone. Playful wrestling may also involve such attention, though the component of aggression seems to be completely out of place in cuddling. I'm trying to imagine forced cuddling. I think I attempted that with our cat when I was very young. It didn't work out well for me.

• I am sure the OP was asking tongue in cheek , I wouldn't take it all that seriously

• @littermate you should know about this thread...

• I felt like that my last sessionπŸ€£πŸ€—πŸ€­ we were in so many positions i think we made up a couple

• I've had 2 cuddle mates who enjoyed playful wrestling with their cuddles, so I guess I'm in the so long as both agree on it it's fine camp.

• edited December 2020

Dayumm @ElleCuddleMi lucky him!! 😠 I’m Jealous πŸ˜”πŸ₯Ί lol πŸ€—

• edited December 2020

@introvme .. I was Getting a good workout lol πŸ˜†

• My dad was a wrestling coach. So growing up with 5 siblings, wrestling = cuddling....unless it was preceded by an expletive. Lol. Sigh....good times. πŸ˜‚

• Yes @ElleCuddleMi rub it in πŸ₯Ί

• @valkyrievixen sounds like we had similar childhoods. Expect mine was BJJ.

@ElleCuddleMi sounds wonderful!

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I want to cuddle wrestle πŸ™ƒ