Cost of cuddle services

I don’t know how to make a poll. But I’m gonna try again. Do you think the professionals should be charging more, worse, or they just about right? I don’t think any of these girls are getting rich off of this. I also know that people don’t have enough money right now. I could always use more of it. Let me attempt this pole. Also I want to hear the thoughts of the people who are wanting to purchase services/time. And I would love to hear from the professionals. I know they may not weigh in because it might seem that they are being, For lack of a better term, greedy.

1. How do you feel about the cost of cuddling services?110 votes
    1. About right
      22.73%
    2. Not enough
        1.82%
    3. Too much
      47.27%
    4. I’d pay more for better, one way, therapeutic service
        8.18%
    5. Money is hard for me
        4.55%
    6. Money comes easily to me
        1.82%
    7. I can’t afford to be a professional cuddler because it doesn’t pay enough
        2.73%
    8. Other
        7.27%
    9. Why is it so hard to make a poll?
        3.64%

Comments

• Where did my poll go?

• Please, revote. I messed something up and had to remake this

• edited December 2020

The average cost of a domestic plumber in the US is about $120 per hour. A lawyer is more.

Being good at very personal services like cuddling is much more difficult than either of those. The main reason cuddling rates are so low is that the barriers to entry are trivial. The other significant reason is that so many pros want to help the touch-deprived, and deliberately set their rates at the minimum sustainable level.

It breaks my heart to see ... a certain word beginning with g in the same sentence as cuddle professional. In my experience, with perhaps one exception, it could not be further from the truth.

A typical 1 hour cuddle session involves 4 or 5 hours work for the professional. Then there are the expenses. Obviously the biggest cost is the sessions and clients that don't happen. As with any business you never get paid for time spent on admin, marketing, etc.

Nobody is making any money from cuddling. A few professionals make a basic living, but most do it as a side gig. Nobody, nobody at all, is a pro cuddler for the money. Any functioning cuddle pro could easily make more doing something else. Plumbing, for example.

@ChibiShema as you have now discovered, the poll disappears when you edit the post unless you reselect it. Happened to me too.

• Professional cuddlers should be allowed to charge what they feel their services are worth to them. If someone wants to charge $120/hr and has client appointments that's great. I have enjoyed great cuddling experiences for less than half that. To each their own.

• edited December 2020

@CuddleDuncan you can eliminate the 4 -5 hours investment of a pro cuddlers time when you are comparing their work to plumbing and legal services . Your making it sound like the plumber and lawyer make a profit on every phone call they receive.

A plumber pursuing contract work bids ten jobs for every one they are awarded. Depending on the scope , the bid may require the time investment of a mandatory pre-bid meeting .

Many lawyers offer free in office consultations. And the very idea comparing cuddling to legal work . ?.( as a bargain ) A pro cuddler can wake up one morning and just declare themselves a pro cuddler , apply to a website and be a featured therapist . I would hate to see what happens to a defendant in a lawsuit or criminal charge if they hired someone who just woke up one morning and declared themself a lawyer .

A better comparison would be pro cuddler to barber shop shampoo technician.

• Is this poll also considering the time we are in? With covid and all? The level of closeness is so important during cuddling and at the same time it’s a risk.

• I charge $100/hr and a travel fee of $10 per 30 min of round-trip driving. I believe this is more than fair with everything considered. This is a side gig for me and I barely get one client a month despite hopping on this site daily to keep my availability updated, check for messages, and interact in discussions. Much of my time on here is wasted chatting with potential clients who eventually make it clear that they either didn't read my profile and/or don't respect the rules of the site. Every time I cuddle with someone new, it is a safety risk, especially right now during the pandemic. You don't know who they are or whether they will actually respect your boundaries. It's a hazardous job that requires a lot of self-promotion and emotional labor. It's not for the faint of heart. Professional cuddlers are a type of therapist. Not only are we providing you with physical affection, but we're also here to listen to you. Most therapists charge more than I do, get several clients a day, and have more safety barriers that make their job less risky.

I'm sharing my experience for those who think professional cuddlers on here are asking for too much. I believe we should be allowed to set our own prices based off of the time, effort, resources, and risk that we put in without being shamed for it. We are not greedy. We are here to provide a necessary service for those in need and because it's something we enjoy doing.

• Hello 👋 I am a pro ☺️

CuddleDuncan was saying being a pro cuddler is more difficult than being a plumber or lawyer. As much as I’m flattered by that and knowing that he’s a huge advocate for pro cuddlers (which I’m thankful for) I don’t agree with that sentiment. I definitely come across difficulties that make my rate worth the hassle, but I don’t want to belittle plumbers and lawyers. In my mind, I think they worked a thousand times harder to get where they are! I will be honest. I signed up and was approved as a pro immediately. I didn’t do any training, I barely had to do anything at all. Now that I’ve been doing this for almost two years, I’ve put in so much hard work. Working arduously on my profile, becoming widely available as often as I can, connecting with other pros and genuinely working my little tooshy off to make sure everyone in my area knows I’m a damn good pro. But I still wouldn’t say it’s harder than a plumber or a lawyer. (Still flattered though 🤗)

Unfortunately I do know some pros are out there specifically for money and don’t care about their cuddlers but they will eventually weed themselves out. For those pros out there that are willing to put in the time and effort, we are perfectly in our right to charge what the site suggests. I have never chatted with someone for the pure intent of selling myself and only thinking (he better book me). But I have put in a significant amount of time just generally connecting with people and some of them end up booking me for that reason alone. I have so many cuddlers that I just wanted to chat with, not pushing for sessions. Quite a few I’ve spent maybe 10 months chatting with and they surprisingly book me. It’s always shocking and appreciated because I really just love talking.

If you find a good pro, that puts in the hours to connect with you and make you feel incredibly comfortable, you’re driving home with a big smile on your face, you pass out at bedtime and wake feeling fully rested and spend days and days afterwards thinking about how amazing the cuddle was, I would say the rate is worth it. Just because you and I start a session, make a transaction and carry out business, does not mean I don’t genuinely care for you and hope for the best with you and your health. Find a good pro that can appreciate the job as it is, is able to professionally draw the line between friendship and client and is able to make you respect her and her boundaries, all the while knowing she truly cares. That makes the money worth it. Trust me.

Sorry, that went a lot further than I intended. Lol

• @SteveInDurham absolutely.

@cuddlerforu24

A better comparison would be pro cuddler to barber shop hair stylist .

Don't be ridiculous. A barber shop stylist is employed: a pro cuddler is a business owner.

Plumbers, pro cuddlers and lawyers (and many others) all offer unpaid pre-commitment meetings in their own way. (Some pro cuddlers insist on it.) In that respect, they are identical in principle.

Lawyers are a poor comparison overall though, because they mostly conduct business in their own premises while plumbers and pro cuddlers don't.

A plumber pursuing contract work bids ten jobs for every one they are awarded.

Yes. That's why I specified a domestic plumber. Clear as day, the very first line of the post.

Your making it sound like the plumber and lawyer make a profit on every phone call they receive.

No I don't. You just made that up.

Mate, why don't you just say whatever it is that you really want to say? What is it that really fired you up? Come on, man, better out than in.

This kind of nonsense is very frustrating. I can feel your anger and pain but I don't know what it's really about, so I can't do anything to help. :/

PM me if you want to scream in private. We're all supposed to be here to help each other, and I am.

• edited December 2020

@CuddleDuncan the point or a point I was describing is your apples falling from a tree to buried truffles sniffled out from pigs in France comparison

A pro cuddler is a business owner . ( you say )

A pro cuddler could be a business owner . I would say many / most / the majority of pro cuddlers are not . I would not classify collecting 100 dollars a month for one hour from one client a business . Not even the IRS. ( I would say the monies go unreported most of the time )
    And yes , a pro cuddler could be an employee in a brick and mortar cuddling salon . The cuddle salon would be the business ( very few ) and I’m sure there would be a position called a cuddler , ( employee) or cuddler technician

And no I don’t want to scream or PM you or anyone else . I’m just interested in a rational discussion or debate . Thank you for tagging a response to me.

• I’m not sure you can really put a poll on something like this for various factors.
    1) Every pro’s financial needs are different. Some while yes they’re getting paid don’t necessarily need the money to survive , it’s just a little extra walking around money as the folks say . They may have a full time day job , live with someone else who takes care of a bulk of the finances what have you. Others yes need cuddling money to put food on the table and a roof over their head. So obviously this will play a significant role in what they charge.
    2 ) Location , Location , Location ..... what $80 gets you in some small Mississippi town is a far cry from what it will get you in NY or LA so obviously what cuddlers charge in those cities will be different.
    These are factors that have to be considered whether we’re in a pandemic or not

• edited December 2020

@cuddlerforu24 I quite agree that most pro cuddlers are somewhere between part time and occasional. And yes of course pro cuddlers could be employed in a larger business, although I've not actually come across that.

I'm afraid I don't quite get your apples and truffles point. Could you say that again a different way? Thanks. And thanks for tagging me too.

• @cuddlerforu24 👍👍👍Comparing lawyers and plumbers to pro cuddlers is ridiculous. There are so many compliance codes, training and licensing to do as a plumber in addition to the foot work required to make money as a plumber that the comparison is dumb. As for a lawyer—well you have to go to school for years and some lawyers do not make diddly poo. And boy you are thankful to have one when your freedom is threatened or you have been deeply wronged. Gotta love people that are ignorant of what is involved with someone else’s job.

• I don’t care if a pro chooses to charge a lot. That is up to them. What I don’t care for is the minimum that CC sets. If a pro wants to charge $20/hour, for example, they should be allowed to do so. They’ve said that they set the minimum because it is the industry standard but if it is standard, shouldn’t the market back that up? A free market would tell us what the true standard is.

• edited December 2020

@CuddleDuncan ... @FunCartel said it pretty much . A service plumber performing a routine bread and butter appliance or water heater repair or replacement caries a public safety responsibility .. ie ... the gas connection and h2o connections must be tight and leak free to prevent explosion , or water leakage into poolable areas that might attract rats or vermin . For all that he or she invoices for 120 hour . Same hourly rate as a male or female pro cuddler who will simply put their arms around you give you a squeeze , offering no guarantees that your mental health will be repaired if you were relationship wounded or simply touch deprived .

• I think the prices are way too high. When I joined 80.00 was high. Now the prices are skyrocketing. I used to cuddle a lot. Have not cuddled in about a year...too expensive (especially when they can't host but want money for travel, etc.). If the girls want more than 1 cuddle a month, lower the prices to something reasonable. I can get an hour massage for 60.00. And that is where I am spending my money, though I would prefer to cuddle as well. I personally don't consider anyone that is over 80. Though there are exception, most of these girls charging high prices won't last long.

• The average cost of a one hour massage is $50 bucks, and that's from a LICENCED massage therapist who concentrates on YOU the entire hour, provides candles, clean sheets, the location, and more. I've never paid for cuddling and probably never will, but should it ever come to that, I'd certainly be comparing it to massage. But hey, that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

• I'm going to comment hoping someone does not make a racial issue out of it, LOL as it has happened in the past !!!
    I feel most rates are fair, but I do travel a fair amount and I will look ahead to locations I will be in and look for a cuddle and I don't look at anyone that is over $100.00, I maybe be called cheap, LOL, and that's OK, been called a lot worse in my life. I just can not justify that much money to just hold a person in my arms. If I was making BIG money, then maybe it would not be a big thing, but I'm not rich, money wise, but rich in good friends & family, which means more to me !!!!
    I try to have a cuddle once a week !!!, to recharge my cuddle BATTERY, which I have found takes about 2 hrs. min. to do that, LOL. so at $100.00 per hour X 2 hours per cuddle once a week, that comes out to $5,200.00 a year. To me that is a lot of money. But like any business, it's all about supply & demand, I see a lot of rates well over $100.00 and up in the northern big cities where everything costs more so maybe that will go over better there.

• edited December 2020

There is so much demand for female cuddlers that they can charge more, in fact some enthusiasts went pro just to make the # of requests manageable. I don't begrudge them the $ as they are taking almost all of the risk and it takes a special person to be able to cuddle with a stranger and consistently make it a positive experience. It's exhausting to be 'on and present' with a stranger, no matter how nice they are.

I pass on pros charging $120 or more/hour but that's just me. Still, I don't think any less of the pro even if they charged $300/hour. At some point demand will go down and reviewers might be pickier but that's their choice. They don't owe anyone a session and have every right to set their price, screening, and boundaries.

For those who find the prices are too high (and can't afford it -- not just that you'd like to pay less), there are options:

• See if there's an optimal date/time for the cuddler that would make it worthwhile for them to charge less.
    • Be a great client for your first session or two, even if it's less frequent than you'd like. You can have three $100 sessions instead of five $60 sessions. Not ideal but the key is that after you've shown you respect the provider's time and boundaries, and show up clean and are enjoyable to spend time with, you could request a discount, explaining you'd love to see them more but can't afford to at their current prices. I think some providers would happily give a discount for a reliable, respectful client. Just don't act entitled or butthurt if they decline.

For Pros who don't book that many sessions and aren't getting longer sessions very often consider giving far bigger discounts. $100 for 60 min, $160 for 2 hours, $300 for 4-5 hours (for trusted/repeat clients). Overnights are a different thing as you could lose a good night's sleep which has no price tag. Charge the sky :)

10-20% off for longer sessions isn't really much of a discount considering the intensity goes way down and you might just watching TV or sleeping. It's not for everyone but the current pricing eliminates 90% of your potential market.

• I chose other ... reason being as follows

there isn’t a price , or shouldn’t be a price for someone to make them selves so vulnerable for other people ... whatever it is worth it to them & whatever it is worth to you to request such services is completely circumstantial, not fixed .

Do I wish this site was completely entirely enthusiast? Absolutely, is that the case? no ... would we get cuddles if pros were no longer part of this community - it would be very very very rare ,(people complain as it is) are we to tell them how much pros should charge for providing such service - absolutely not ...

Am I saying that pros aren’t compassionate & aren’t really into the aura of cuddles & mutual cuddling - no, what I’m saying is that most of us get most of our cuddles from pros & not enthusiasts (from the male perspective) & we shouldn’t ask or demand what a pro charges for such vulnerable moment as well as their time, As the saying goes / it is what it is.

• Used to pay 50 or 60 per hour when booking multiple hour at a time. But now they want 120 or more. So I stopped seeing new pros. Besides I found a fwb who likes to cuddle so don't need it as much like I used to.
    But I will occasionally see someone who still honors the old rates. The new pros aren't any better at 120 or 150 so it feels like a rip off to me.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)
    edited December 2020

@CuddleDuncan

Being good at very personal services like cuddling is much more difficult than either of those.

A typical 1 hour cuddle session involves 4 or 5 hours work for the professional.

Nobody is making any money from cuddling.

Nobody, nobody at all, is a pro cuddler for the money. Any functioning cuddle pro could easily make more doing something else. Plumbing, for example.

I would really like to know, where do you get this stuff?

The best pro cuddlers I've seen were just good, pleasant people. I think they're awesome, but they didn't have any special skill or training, and they certainly didn't seem to find cuddling difficult.

Pro cuddlers do make money. There's definitely an upper bound; nobody's going to get rich by being a pro cuddler. But I know several that make a living off of it. I've also had multiple conversations with pro cuddlers where they describe how they cuddle because it makes them much more money with much less time and effort than any of their alternatives. I know some who left conventional jobs because they make more money cuddling. And, with one exception and one maybe, every pro cuddler I've talked to is very frank that they do it for money. And while most are pleasant and decent about it (ie, they get some enjoyment out of it and are glad to help people), I've known several who don't care about their clients, who actively dislike cuddling their clients, and very much see cuddling as a tedious job they do purely to get paid.

Becoming a plumber requires 240 hours of training and a multi-year apprenticeship. Becoming a pro cuddler requires being a woman and signing up on this web site.

• I think its about right. Even though its no sex, the energy it can take out of a person i can imagine cuase people sometimes will end treating them like therapist and share things so it seems roght between 50-80 hr. Of course money is tight right now , thats why im waiting a lil longer for mine after this month.

• edited December 2020

People coming to you with anxiety, depression ect. All the praying id have to do over the home (if i did it professionally)would be more intense. So yeah they should charge more than min wage for that but i think the phone calls prices are a lil to high.

• As much as I hate lawyers the cost of obtaining a law degree can reach $200,000.or more.Its a grueling 3 years of study and sacrifice.The requirements of becoming a pro cuddler are considerably less.

• [Deleted User]APV (deleted user)

If the fees for cuddling services could be subsidized by insurance or Medicaid programs due to the health benefits, I believe fewer would complain about the price. If they subsidize other kinds of therapy, eventually they might as well subsidize this kind.

• The poll speaks for itself lol. The cost is way too high, no question.

• edited December 2020

@FunCartel i wish I got your stamp of approval as well 😅 I view you as definitely 1 of the wiser ones on here!

Edit - you & @pmvines

• edited December 2020

While the training for a professional cuddler is usually nil in the untied states, the value comes from Being invited into someone’s personal physical space. This business is often older and frequently less attractive men who are able to be held by young beautiful women. Try getting a wife or a girlfriend and see how much that’ll cost you. I’m just throwing that idea out there.