Cost of cuddle services

124»

Comments

• edited January 2021

@cuddlerforu24 A better comparison would be pro cuddler to barber shop shampoo technician.

As a licensed cosmetologist I take offense to the thought that you can just decide to become a barber on a whim. A barber has to go through this same schooling as a cosmetologist except for the waxing and nail treatments. It is a 18 month long course that costs $16,000 to be a cosmetologist I believe a barber is $8,000 and 1 year because they don't do nails or waxing. The other comparison was fine the way it was. The issue here is you had to take it to you can just up and decide to be these things and you can't (it doesn't take as long as a law degree but it isn't a whim), a shampoo technician yeah that one you can you don't need a license, but you do need a license to do hair, you also need an education on infectious diseases and how to ensure you don't spread them as well as how to identify them. Which I see as only beneficial in this field of work because it means I can spot infectious diseases and ensure I don't pass them to other people.

Also I don't know if you've ever had to deal with a lawyer but I have I am divorced and that lawyer charged $10 for every phone call and $15 for every email. Once you're consultation is over you pay for every single thing done.

@CuddleDuncan Don't be ridiculous. A barber shop stylist is employed: a pro cuddler is a business owner.

Not true... In all but 2 jobs I have worked as a cosmetologist I was a self employed sole contractor. So that sentiment is not correct. Most Hair and Nail salon or barber shop workers are actually sole proprietors just like pro cuddlers. That's why tips are vital to their work because where I worked it was a 50/50 cut and on top of that I had to supply my own tools and products. So less than 1/4 of what you pay goes into the servicers pocket which likely goes to their education and bills.

• @waynewv I try to have a cuddle once a week !!!, to recharge my cuddle BATTERY, which I have found takes about 2 hrs. min. to do that, LOL. so at $100.00 per hour X 2 hours per cuddle once a week, that comes out to $5,200.00 a year.

100×2×52=10,400 you only calculated 1 hour per week there

• @Nyral aha! Another difference between over here and over there.

• @MrFirefighter Just got a message from a former enthusiast (for about 2 weeks) who wants to know why I haven't texted her. Upon going to her page, it suddenly shows she's a pro and is charging THREE HUNDRED PER HOUR!!! You heard that right. This is in Vegas but come on, what's really going on here? I think we all know.

😱😱😱😱 Oh my goodness

• @ChibiShema well said... I have just started and each session utterly wipes me out people make like it's easy work... It's not... It's a service... Which means focus on the cuddlee... It isn't about what I want or what I need it's about them... It's about making them comfortable... It is nice and I enjoy it... But after a session... I am exhausted... In all honesty it may be because it is strangers... I have had many cuddle buddies all started as friends and maybe once I have some regulars and I get to know them it won't be so exhausting... I still can't imagine having to do multiple sessions in a day... I may make enough to cover my bills... But I won't get rich doing this... I won't charge the $200-$300 per hour people expect in a big city(I am in Las Vegas)... I just want to pay my bills and build my Nail Salon business and transfer my license (the license is the first step and fighting with the previous state to get them to send it to my current state board it's been a 3 month battle)... This gives me the ability to do both...

• edited January 2021

@nyral. Then what would be .. what job or trade or profession would you compare pro cuddlingnto then

A quik answer is it’s hard to find a comparison . The thread starter compared pro cuddling to jobs or businesses that customarily provide warrenties and accountability