Has the cuddling industry slowed due to the virus threat?

[Deleted User]cuddlealldays (deleted user)
edited March 2020 in General

Has the cuddling industry slowed due to the virus threat?

Reworded title/post for clarity. [/Mark]

Comments

• So much business is slowing down, people have less money, even if only for travel.

• Nope ☺️ Still thriving lol

• I know I have curtailed my cuddling activity. Partially because of the virus and partially because I have lost interest in it lately.

• @FunCartel same here. Cuddling doesn’t appeal to me like it use too

• edited March 2020

It's been my expectation that enthusiast and professional cuddling is going to take a significant hit during this crisis.

In someways it's worse in the U.S. than other countries. The testing scandal has left a massive cloud of uncertainty. I'm pretty sure many people, and particularly the financial markets, would rather know that it's very bad than not know anything at all.

• The 2 UK deaths were in their 70s and 80s and had "underlying health conditions" ; so they probably wouldn't have been potential cuddlers on this site. Diseases are typically more severe on those who are having a bad time already.

• edited March 2020

I believe what we're talking about here is the impact of people wanting to avoid activities involving close contact.

• @mark I get what you meant. There are the few that never do but feel compelled to always interject.

• [Deleted User]jesson85 (deleted user)

I am trying to stay away for sure

• [Deleted User]happybob (deleted user)

Stop watching the mainstream media. Any virus will affect the immune compromised. Regular people will experience another “flu like symptoms”.

You know what the most dangerous virus is??

Fear!

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• i think unless a pro has a set of regular cuddlers coming to them, new folks prob are a little more hesitant to cuddle or be in close contact to folks recently, but more than usual? i wouldn't know to say.

• The coronavirus probably won't last long because it was made in China.

Meanwhile, inside my fridge...
  • I think the media has definitely hyped it up and it’s brought some serious awareness. It is likely that people will engage less in close contact and some won’t care as much and still get their snuggles on.

• The media reports the NEWS, actual events and facts that are occurring. It would be unwise to stop listening to them and instead listen only to "state run media" and government figures who are intentionally withholding or distorting or ignoring facts because it paints them in a better light. Be smart, keep informed with REAL information, and take precautions. You cannot honestly be TOO prepared or conscientious and it is dangerous to tell anyone otherwise.

• ^^ agreed! Be prepared regardless.

• im very interested in seeing how things will play out in my city now that they recently got the first confirmed case in long beach.

• 22 US deaths so far, 4,000 worldwide, was USA Today's most recent report. And it's only been a few weeks?

• its crazy in ny right now

• @StoryDoctor1138 “The media reports the NEWS, actual events and facts that are occurring.”

They do? When did this start?

• edited March 2020

I'm wondering if the closely related industry of massage therapy is taking a significant hit due to people avoiding close contact activities in addition to where the economy seems to be going.

• @SpooniesBack Since the beginning, although many of those in power have always tried to silence them as they shine the harsh light of truth on things governments would prefer remain hidden. Only fascists decry the news media as "enemies of the people" when they clearly are not.

• If you think news organizations in their current state only report the news without any political bent and are always factual, then I have some beach front property to sell you in Arizona.

• Corona virus has no political affiliation

• Agreed. I was just poking fun at the general statement about news above.

• Once you get the corona virus , even if you survive , people will know about you and will avoid you for the rest of your life as this is permanent in the body and you are still contagious . So in all seriousness , it is very serious . But eventually more than half of us will get this within a year .

• @alphares please stop disseminating false information like that. The covid19 is in the same family of viruses that cause the common cold (but can be much more severe). It isn’t an STD that stays with you forever. Over half the people that have had the virus have fully recovered and are not reinfecting people.

• edited March 2020

Also for those of you interested in tracking the illness, here is a great site: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

It’s a pretty comprehensive map with not just those that have been infected and deaths but also those who have recovered. The media loves to leave that bit out because of course who cares about people recovering, when fear and death sells more! Lol

• @alphares Please use other references other than the Daily Mail which is a UK tabloid that Wikipedia refuses to use as a reference. Roughly translated, the journalism bar is pretty low for that rag.

• No slowdown detected here but I did have a client ask if he could take the toilet paper roll when I was checking out from my room, lol.