Cuddling & Love

Is it possible to fall in love before or after cuddling wit a partner you just met online ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Don't see why not, people fall in love with people they've met online all the time and cuddling could maybe be a factor in that. Unless by "just met" you mean just started talking to, rather than that the people in this hypothetical have never met in person. In that case I think it'd technically be possible but the love would be largely baseless, seeing as it'd be the same as any other form of "love at first sight" IE based on the most shallow of impressions.

• I think it would smack of desperation and not really be love. I think what you are describing is infatuation.

• edited March 2020

I am not a believer in love at first sight. To me it is more you have a strong attraction to the person, or feel a certain strong way about a feeling you had or a feeling attached to an activity, event, location, circumstance. Any one or combination of these things can wrap itself around your mind and heart, I can see where if cuddling with somebody from the site gives you intense feelings that you had missing from your life, you might interpret that as love. However I dont really believe in love just from cuddling someone you just met from the interwebs.

• It's against the terms of service to fall in love with an individual met on this site.

• edited March 2020

@ARCuddlist It's not really against the Terms of Service ... If two people meet here who were not initially looking for anything romantic then (once they know each other) decide to pursue a relationship, there's no issue.

It's the initial intentions that are the issue - people who are here specifically to date or have sex are the ones who are banned.

• There are stories of prison officers falling in love with inmates, which I don't expect was a motivation for choosing that occasion.

• edited March 2020

Possibly, though I think that that's most likely unhealthy for an adult to experience, and often times* what we think/feel to be "love" is far from love: it's superficial, infatuation, crush, etc.

Edit: I think living in scarcity/having a scarcity mindset, experiencing a lot of loneliness, etc., can also make us take simple acts of kindness, and the fact that most likely we find the person physically attractive way out of proportion. Generally speaking: it's kind of like, being thirsty for so long, walking through a lonely, dry, and hot desert. Then meeting a friendly stranger who we probably (maybe not even) find (remotely) physically attractive say hi to us. Followed by him/her giving us a drink, a shade, then asking us: "How are you?" If we weren't "in love" by the moment they gave us water, then we are probably going to be "in love" by the time we are done talking about how we are. Yet we know virtually nothing about them, and vice versa.

• edited March 2020

If you think you fell in love with someone before you have met them in person and if you are no longer an immature, confused, and inexperienced adolescent I'd say there are serious psychological and emotional issues. Or be blunt if you are an adult it's time to grow up.

• I fell in love today, with a lady in a white dress who was watching me out of the window of an apartment above a shop.

That lasted the few seconds until I realised it was an advertising poster ; in the window of a storage unit, above the dress shop on the ground floor.

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

It's possible. Who is anyone to say it isn't?

We're complex and unique beings with different styles and levels of attachment and attraction to each other. I cannot even speak for my own mentally challenged mind much more someone far more intelligent and gifted than I.

The most I can say is the social and diverse nature of the site opens many potential opportunities. One of those opportunities being romantic love. It all depends on what you're looking for. It all depends on where you are psychosocially in your life journey. There are so many variables. No one size fits all.

But I'm just a mentally challenged idiot talking.

I'll let the social gurus on this site give a more thoughtful and respected response.

• The lady in the window wearing the white dress hasn't waved back yet, but I bet that by the end of the month she will.

• @geoff1000 😅😂😂

@Edward170590 i don’t think it’s possible to fall in love with someone before or after cuddling with a partner you just met online , but I think it is very possible to have feelings attached right away / to like them romantically ...

There is a couple here who got married the very same day they met & have been happily married since 2016 ... this is something straight out the movies but if you were to ask them, they will say yes , absolutely!

I believe many of us here are here because we are deprived of that very intimate closeness ones gets from cuddling / feeling safe - vulnerable - cared for , so much so that a lot of us are willing & actually pay for it ... there will be many politically correct answer to this topic , I try to be as transparent as possible while being mindful ... & yes we all know that this isn’t a dating site & shouldn’t be treated as one & if your intentions are for such, than you shouldn’t be here in the first place ... but is it possible to like someone, absolutely.

• Been thinking on this one.

I'd say that MOST of the time it would just be a case of infatuation sometimes a STRONG case but infatuation none the less.

That being said I met my ex wife online.
    No, not a dating site it was a bbs for a club we frequented. Though apparently on different schedules because we had never run into eachother lol.

After a a few weeks of exchanges (it was over 20 years ago but I think it was 6) when we met we felt like we had known eachother for all our lives and were engaged very shortly after,were together over 20 years.

And our first meeting wasn't even for something as intimate as cuddling so I won't say it CAN'T happen it's just that's it's very rare. Any such feelings should be examined at length before being shared and certainly before being acted upon!!

Take this for what you will.

• Well it's certainly possible. Depends how you define "falling in love". As others have said, if it's just been a one time cuddle, at that stage it's probably better defined as a crush. But crushes can lead to deeper relationships, and falling in love in a more lasting way.

• I don't believe in "love at first sight". Attraction, infatuation, crush, new relationship energy, brain chemical explosions... yes to all of those things, which are a wonderful start to pursuing a potential relationship. Those feelings are only as reliable as the next piece of information or experience you have with the person, which have infinite possibilities.

Only over time, with more information and many more lived experiences are you able to establish something that is more stable, secure and reliable. I don't think you can have "love" without those things.

Of course I "love" a lot of things... briefly, for that moment, intensely and wholeheartedly... but I don't think that's what you mean.

• I don't know if I've ever been "in love" but I have "loved". I believe love is a spectrum where other things play into it, with an intensity that varies. It moves like waves ~ the calm back and forth that one admires from a distance, to an intense tsunami that flips one's world (damage be damned), and everything in-between.

And we don't get to choose.

There are some I love who I'd go to the ends of the universe for and with. There are those who have a way of knocking the breath and sense out of me, making me weak in the knees and everywhere else. Then there are the ones who are both, and unexpectedly appear in my "if" and "if only" fantasies ~ if only he were closer... if circumstances shifted in these ways... if he were here right now... if only he felt the same way...

To me, "Love" may be attraction, adoration, infatuation, obsession, acceptance, affection, desire, contentment, and more.

But "In Love" is when each party feels the same sort of type and intensity at the same time.

Both may take time, or could sneak up on you out of nowhere, happening "at first sight" or cuddle.