Vaccinations: The big game changer within our CC community!

13»

Comments

• This thread is life! @CuddleDuncan and @DarrenWalker yall rock! I have to say @Tranquilescape I am a nurse and I legitimately cannot imagine any nurse being uneducated about the difference in the clinical trials vs a vaccine that has been approved by the FDA. I got the Pfizer vaccine and feel a huge wave of relief now!

• I remember when they were doing the trials. My mother has initially signed up but backed out . They were doing placebo for that, however that was just the trials. What folks are getting now are the real deal, no placebo .

• Holy smokes... I'm one of those who got knocked out by Pfizer round two!! Got it yesterday morning and today woke with my whole arm aching and it's hard to move, plus I'm beyond exhausted!!

At least the lightheaded nausea has passed and I'm hopeful I'll be back to normal-ish tomorrow...

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

@quixotic_life
    Congrats on getting vaccinated. Glad you are on the mend. Hope everything is progressing ok after your recent shitstorm.

• @Mmart ~ Thank you!

Was a no go on the insurance (I have a $3000 deductible ~ lol, so absurd!!) but there are positives in other areas so I'm trying to put my focus there...

• I’ve already gotten both doses of the Moderna vaccine and I’m quite happy about it!

• Got my first dose yesterday. So the chip is half way installed so the government can sacrifice me to intergalactic aliens. On the flip side I can hear everyone’s cell phone conversations if they have 5G.

But seriously, I had to drive six hours for it and had flu symptoms last night but it was soooo worth it. Can’t wait for the second one. And I made a friend with an 88 year old lady as we waited in our cars after the injection.

Her: You look awfully young to be getting the shot.
    Me: Underlying health conditions.
    Her: oh my, what is it?
    Me: Heart, kidneys, and thyroid. I could add more but it is tedious.
    Her: I’m just old. 88
    Me: You don’t look a day over 50.
    Her: You want to marry me cabana boy?

I laughed so hard. She was a trip. Sadly, she lost her son to Covid.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Oh lord, she sounded lovely, @FunCartel ! Thanks for sharing that.

• Everyone participating in this discussion please see 2 new related discussions titled:

"Vaccinated People Interacting-new report from experts"

"Vaccine Pass: New York State begins trials"

• [Deleted User]Cater2you (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

Microsoft Bill Gates, staff and associated companies makes: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/web-apps/bizagiltd1588016439160.coronapass?tab=overview
    This app will allow discrimination regarding patients immunization/vaccination history and their ability to go to different venues, travel, go to a grocery store, movie theater etc..

This site: https://vaers.hhs.gov/ is a better government website to allow users to download the raw VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System). It is better than the cdc wonder website. I downloaded it on the 26th of February and there were 9,200 plus entries. Be sure when you download into excel spreadsheet to widen column i pretty wide, then select entire i column and change cell justification to full. Much easier to read.
    Please, no stupid comments here or pro or antivaxxer comments.

Reviewed and leaving intact. Note that freedom does not mean the unfettered ability to infect others with a virus. [-Sid]

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Having my first dose of the vaccine today. Really needle phobic but I'm just going to grit my teeth and power on through it, because it's the right thing to do.

If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to inbox me (but I will be blocking any anti-vaxxers)

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Good luck @BuggleBear, I hope it goes well!!

• I look forward to getting vaccinated

• Congratulations to those who were vaccinated or are about to be. The vaccines aren't perfect but they're the best we have so far and represent a near miracle in human achievement.

• Thank you Science!

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)

Thank you @squeakytoy! I've already thrown up from nerves and now I'm scrubbing the bathroom to distract myself 🤣

• I got my 1st. shot 2 weeks ago, my 2nd coming up soon. The 1st. was very good, very little pain, a tiny bit at the shoulder.
    I'm going today to get the rapid test done just to feel safe for me & my cuddlier as we are having a cuddle tonight.
    Here in FL., not many opening for the rapid test, they had 2 options, 1 no pay and 1 self pay, searched for an opening on no pay, none for several days, so I looked at self pay, was able to book one in just a few hours. the cost is no issue, for me it's worth the $150.00 to feel safe for us both. I'm not worried at all about it, I have several friends, nurses and doctors that all ready have had there shots, no big issues, the 2nd seems a little more, being tired and sore 12-24 hrs. I'm planning 3 road trips this summer with my RV, so it will give me peace of mind and hoping to meet a cuddlier or 2 on my travels and it should make them feel safer.

• I had second dose a few weeks ago and got pretty sick for about 16 hrs but sure beats covid . First round I had no symptoms

• [Deleted User]Cater2you (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

@BryC "Can you explain why people have won law suits against vaccine companies?"

Vaccine manufacturers in the U.S.A. are pretty much immune from prosecution since 1988...
    42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 -
    (a)General rule
    Except as provided in subsections (b), (c), and (e) State law shall apply to a civil action brought for damages for a vaccine-related injury or death.

(b)Unavoidable adverse side effects; warnings
    (1)No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

(2)For purposes of paragraph (1), a vaccine shall be presumed to be accompanied by proper directions and warnings if the vaccine manufacturer shows that it complied in all material respects with all requirements under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act [21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.] and section 262 of this title (including regulations issued under such provisions) applicable to the vaccine and related to vaccine-related injury or death for which the civil action was brought unless the plaintiff shows—

(A)that the manufacturer engaged in the conduct set forth in subparagraph (A) or (B) of section 300aa–23(d)(2) of this title, or

(B)by clear and convincing evidence that the manufacturer failed to exercise due care notwithstanding its compliance with such Act and section (and regulations issued under such provisions).

(c)Direct warnings
    No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, solely due to the manufacturer’s failure to provide direct warnings to the injured party (or the injured party’s legal representative) of the potential dangers resulting from the administration of the vaccine manufactured by the manufacturer.

(d)Construction
    The standards of responsibility prescribed by this section are not to be construed as authorizing a person who brought a civil action for damages against a vaccine manufacturer for a vaccine-related injury or death in which damages were denied or which was dismissed with prejudice to bring a new civil action against such manufacturer for such injury or death.

(e)Preemption
    No State may establish or enforce a law which prohibits an individual from bringing a civil action against a vaccine manufacturer for damages for a vaccine-related injury or death if such civil action is not barred by this part.

(July 1, 1944, ch. 373, title XXI, § 2122, as added Pub. L. 99–660, title III, § 311(a), Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 3773; amended Pub. L. 100–203, title IV, § 4302(b)(1), Dec. 22, 1987, 101 Stat. 1330–221.)

If you have a legit vaccine related injury:
    https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

The state I am in intends to lift mask mandate on fewer than a crowd of 50 April 1st. I really think I'll keep the mask on...it has done wonders for my pollen allergies, I had no allergies last summer, which is unusual for me.

I really hope the vaccines work well. I don't understand if thousands have recieved the vaccine from different manyfacturers in it's entirety why no covid vaccine are yet "approved" to date by the fda and still under this "emergency use authorization"; which I coorelate or regard as 3rd stage clinical trials. No flu shot has been under this much clinical trial...

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/the_facts_about_pfizer_and_biontech_s_covid_19_vaccine

January 6, 2021
    The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 16 years of age and older. The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner. Please see EUA Fact Sheet at www.cvdvaccine.com.

I noticed my previous post was reviewed by a moderator. For any viewer observing this post as an anti-vaxxer, think again. I have had countless (various) vaccines to date, I just expect transparency and larger print, not fine print. Just as a site has been made public for statistics and logistics or tracking of SarsCoV-2 infections. Pharmaceutical companies should be just as accountable for their multi-billon dollar profit products, I mean vaccines; to which they seemingly have no accountability. No bias here, just observations.

• I went out to dinner with my daughter on Friday to a place we've been to a few times over the past few months. Previously there was only us and maybe two or three other tables occupied. On Friday, the place was packed, we could barely find a parking space or a table. I can only put this dramatic change down to the fact that people are getting vaccinated and now consider themselves safe. All of the protoccols were still in place, every other table was closed off and all the servers wore face coverings.

• edited March 2021

Never mind :-)

• edited March 2021

I got my first vaccine the end of February and will get the second the end of March. I am so grateful. Meanwhile, I've adopted a rabbit from a rescue shelter and she's very cuddly. We cuddle every evening on the sofa.

@Cater2you "I really hope the vaccines work well. I don't understand if thousands have recieved the vaccine from different manyfacturers in it's entirety why no covid vaccine are yet "approved" to date by the fda and still under this "emergency use authorization"; which I coorelate or regard as 3rd stage clinical trials. No flu shot has been under this much clinical trial.."

Flu vaccines are developed anew every year. They've been in use for, what, decades? I'm not sure exactly what it takes to get beyond the "emergency" status, I have not looked into that, but I've been reading a lot of the research since the beginning. The Atlantic had an excellent article on how the vaccine was able to be developed in record time. It was a combination of using a platform that has been under development for 17 years and has already been used, and an unprecedented level of cooperation between researchers and manufacturers working around the clock, with government support.

This is a link to the article. It's a long read but it's fascinating and for those who are concerned it was "rushed," it should be reassuring to better understand how they were able to accomplish this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/01/science-covid-19-manhattan-project/617262/

As for how long it will take for manufacturers to get licensure i.e. no longer be operating under emergency approval, apparently that will depend on continued monitoring.

"FDA expects vaccine manufacturers to include in their EUA requests a plan for active follow-up for safety, including deaths, hospitalizations, and other serious or clinically significant adverse events, among individuals who receive the vaccine under an EUA, to inform ongoing benefit-risk determinations to support continuation of the EUA.

FDA also expects manufacturers who receive an EUA to continue their clinical trials to obtain additional safety and effectiveness information and pursue licensure (approval)."

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

• @Babichev Where did you have to go to get vaccinated? Parsons is playing politics and inundating towns with populations of 95 and 170 with the vaccines while St. Louis and KC receive none. We know who his constituency is.

• edited March 2021

@FunCartel I live in the City but had to go to the county. They had a mass vaccination event for a couple of days, the fire department was doing vaccinations. I've had my name on seven different lists - the city, three counties, and three hospital systems - for months. This was the first one that came up. It was only 35 minutes from home. I know people who are driving 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours to get vaccinated in a less populated area.

One really small town of just a couple hundred people got a couple thousand doses. I think Parsons is punishing St. Louis City because we tend to vote Democratic. We're . . . I think 13% of the state's population but only getting 6% of the vaccines? I don't remember exactly but we're getting way less than our representation, especially the city. That and just plain incompetence. Missouri ranks last out of all 50 states in getting people vaccinated.

• edited March 2021

@Babichev Yup. Kansas City is the largest city and is very Democrat yet no vaccine sites. I drive five hours to the Missouri/Arkansas line to a town of 900 and get the vaccine. They had 3,000 doses and KC none??? And the town I went to is full of anti-vaxers, Trump people, and Qanon enthusiasts. The Trump and Q flags were flying everywhere, including two barns painted with automatic weapons on it with the slogan “Come and take it.” I went and got gas after getting the shot and no one was wearing a mask when I went in to get a water. I was stared down by four guys at a table of the fried chicken shack in the station who started talking loudly about the “military” blocking the “highway” (it is a highway in name only—this is Hatfield and McCoys type stuff in the Ozarks). Moreover, I drive a Volvo—not an indigenous car in that area. It was a day right out of Deliverance. I say that because these people would probably shoot you and pay it no mind because the sheriff is their kin and his eyesight is blurry in the family way.

• I had my first dose yesterday, AstraZeneca. No reaction.

• I am getting my second dose tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated on any side effects, if any that I experience.