Unpopular Opinions

[Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
edited April 2021 in General

What's your unpopular opinion?

I'll go first.

Coffee is disgusting

Comments

• edited April 2021

Censorship is disgusting

You spelled "I am a troll" wrong. [-Sid]

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited April 2021

In what sense? Can you give an example of 'disgusting censorship'?

Because having their posts edited for breaking site rules and offending people only reflects badly on those who do things wrong in the first place, so in this sense censorship is only 'disgusting' to the people that can't get away with trolling and being cruel.

(Edited because I can't spell)

• edited April 2021

In the sense that rotten ideas need to be challenged by debate, @BuggleBear

@EasyPeasy, there's nothing wrong with this comment, or with your previous one, on their own. But as part of the context of your other interactions with @BuggleBear this morning, I'm going to ask you to refrain from commenting again on this thread, and to not engage @BuggleBear in the future. Thank you. -squeakytoy

• Cut flowers are the embodiment of death, and receiving a bouquet sometimes feels like a death threat.

Hey, you said unpopular!

• People who call themselves poets are pretentious. You wanna write then write but dont call yourself a poet

• "Jesus is the reason for the season"

Uh, no. Christianity adopting all the pagan holidays, then making it illegal to celebrate under the original names / festivals, forced converts. That's why you observe the light coming back after the longest night, but pretend it's your icon's birthday, even though that actually happened in summer.

@MaullySterling that's a good one! If you look at Victorian Floriography, flowers meant a huge amount and whole messages could be relayed by the type of flowers presented and how they were presented/arranged. It's very interesting.

• Mayonnaise on French fries is the best way to eat French fries.

• @Catloaf that's an unpopular opinion?? Mayo with tobasco is my go to for everything!

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)
    edited April 2021
  • I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

• edited April 2021

@Catloaf !!!
    Are you French?
    [As a server, only ppl from Quebec asked for mayo for fries, but that was decades ago]

@pmvines mayo with tobasco / hot sauce is a simple remoulade, completely different

@DarrenWalker Don't have to be autistic, for that. If I smell fear on someone I'm distrustful of, it puts me at ease. Similarly, if I smell it on someone I love, I go mama-bear

@CuddleDuncan A classic

• @BuggleBear Yes! You could have an entire conversation in code. And only the florist would know. Hm. Maybe this is why the rich needed greenhouses

• @MaullySterling true. I just love hot sauce I put that stuff on everything

Oooooh I LOVE mayo on chips/fries.

Especially with cheese.

Mmm. Lunchtime I think!

• edited April 2021

@pmvines Is that a Frank's Red Hot endorsement? Or do you lean more sriacha?!
    @BuggleBear LOL

• edited April 2021

@Catloaf Mayo mixed with ketchup is quite nice with fries. Apparently this mix is very normal in Italy.

@MaullySterling Ketchup on mac and cheese? Does that carry a prison sentence? ! Just joking :) , I've actually never tried mac with ketchup.

I'm not a huge fan of bacon. I mean it's okay, but I much prefer sausage at breakfast. I also don't need bacon in all my sandwiches, I find that it adds an odd texture, either too chewy or too crunchy for the sandwich. I do like a good BLT with crispy bacon tho

edited April 2021

Mayo mixed with ketchup is Marie Rose sauce isn't it? Like they put on prawns? Either way it's tasty.

As for bacon... 🤤🤤🤤

When you say 'sausage' do you mean sausage patties like in a McMuffin, or sausages like we have in the UK (I think you call them links?)

Darn, this thread is making me snacky.

• Ketchup on French fries is disgusting and needs to be banned.

• edited April 2021

Unpopular? I LIKE the taste of burning troll husks as I sip my morning coffee.

Rest in pieces, dearly departed.

• I prefer links.

I guess mayo mixed with ketchup is kinda like Marie Rose sauce, or like thousand island dressing. Ugh I want chipotle mayo now

Soggy cereal is good cereal.

• I prefer having non-breakfast foods for breakfast. Only breakfast food that I really like is bacon and eggs and just like 3 cereals. But cereal doesn't fill me up and don't want to eat bacon and eggs every morning.

Noticed someone saying that ketchup on French fries should be banned...lol...I eat my french fries without ketchup like 95% of the time. And usually put nothing on my hot dog too. My mom likes putting mayo all over the hot dog bun and if she ever makes it that way I no longer try it. Tried it once and never will do it again.

Also some people like milk and tea. I tried it once and spit it all out. Nope.

But anyways away from food talk now. I like the scent of gasoline when I get gas for my car.

I also like bubble gum toothpaste over mint. Some people don't do well with mint toothpaste. Gag. I can just do regular mint like gum or breath mints or something. But not in ice cream or toothpaste or chocolate.

• In the US, we need to accept the fact that death is part of life and stop applying life saving technology to everyone as the default setting, no matter their age or underlying medical condition. We need to normalize talking about death and end of life care and what our choices are.

• It is fun to look at your own poop

• Alternative music is boring

• @Cuddle_RN To that end:

https://caringcommunity.org/resources/models-research/caring-conversations/

Or

https://www.practicalbioethics.org/resources/caring-conversations.html

The program basically gives you the tools to make your own end-of-life decisions. This has nothing to do with assisted suicide—this is about how far you want the healthcare system to go in saving you.

• Cuddling sometimes is just eh

• @pmvines is an awesome guy and you should run not walk to cuddle with him

• edited April 2021

@Sideon is on fire today!

EasyPeasy
    Censorship is disgusting

You spelled "I am a troll" wrong. [-Sid]

>

I LIKE the taste of burning troll husks as I sip my morning coffee.

=) =) =)