How much do you charge?

124»

Comments

• When I can get a full body massage (no happy ending) for $40-$60 an hour where the woman cares about me and my needs or I can talk to someone with a PhD for $100/hour and I don't have to rent the space or pay $100 for VIP at a strip club for half an hour (I still get touched and there's more skin), it's hard to justify $80/hour plus I got to rent a place. And there's always a chance we won't click. Not everyone clicks with everyone. At least get an introduction rate. It's kind of hard to root for this to be a real business with the big prices (this is THERAPY yet how many are still in school and maybe only took intro to Psych and you don't have kids) with literally no background in actual therapy. To do a massage one needs a license. There's no license here. To see someone for counseling you need a Masters. How many people actually have a BA? But as someone said it is supply and demand. That's why the guys just really need to hit up non professionals on the site and if it's a no go, create a CL ad, create one of those dating accounts where people also look for friendship and see if they would be down to Netflix and cuddle. Or join MeetUp and look for cuddling parties. It's time us men unite and worst case, cuddle with one another to boycott the $100/hour prices. We are men who work hard for our money and don't need a beautiful lady to cuddle with because this is 100% about therapy so I'm comfortable cuddling with another straight man. Whose with me???
  • I'm new but I've been thinking about charging $60/hour.
  • I think it comes down to.... what can you offer to justify the rate you want to charge. I've cuddled with Pros for $80-100/hr but I'm meeting with someone in a couple days that is doing $50/hr. The first 2 did a fantastic job and we vibed well together, but I know I wouldn't be able to afford that nearly as often as I'd like for regular cuddle sessions. One did offer a discount because I booked 4 hours though.
    I know the site recommends a certain range, but I'd say unless those wanting to be listed as Pros have some professional qualifications from schooling or other work history when starting out that Pros should start out with lower rates and then build on that as they learn/progress.
    With the number of Pros and non-Pros though, in some places there are options to where if a Pro lists a rate that's higher than you can afford you may find someone else for one you can. It's a trial and error of setting a rate, seeing how well it does, and adjusting it accordingly if needed.
    Even checking what other Pros in your area charge and what they list what they have to offer can help in deciding.

just my thoughts :)
  • Jacobbru and Reurbo - good points!  The pricing of many of the so-called pros (because most if not all have nothing to back-up a claim of professional) is counter-productive to the cause of cuddling.  It is too much for the average man to afford once, let alone enough times to actually do any good.  And, it is the same or darn close to what massage parlors charge to give sexual services,leading to the very image the so-called pros say they are trying to avoid. Yes, price does speak volumes to the product being offered, weather intended or not.
  • [Deleted User]thecigarclub (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    A pro is quoting $150 an hour for cuddling.  Everyone that I've spoken to privately thinks that is absolutely ridiculous. What do you all think she does for $150 an hour? That's double the fair market price. 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    here here men finally speak up in! a room that talkess sense ...wait @brandi and #buffyswan come here and pitch their views and how amazing they are !! ...

@thecigarclub @sia doesn't write her charges how do we know $150 is factual?
    Anyone notice.it's the girls between 19- 25 taking liberties with their charges? I love to know what these under 25 year old girls can do interms experience and so called therapy yet alone cuddle in itself.

@thecigarclub ..maybe sia hovers or flies, does a show and mind remins ..F#ck me she beautiful but that A LOT!! I sorry $150 I want a happy ending girl!!!

FYI you say ridiculous but sadly there are guys sad/stupid enough to pay it !!! I can't wait to see what @mark write seem as we guys all saying and complaining about same thing boycott etc. non pro girls seem to be more genuine anyway
  • edited February 2017
    It's this simple, if you're here to generally complain which seems to be the case then please avoid this sub-forum. Say what you want on the main forum within reason but this sub-forum is intended for clients and pros and those that respect the industry. If necessary I will make rules specifically for this section so that the above can be enforced.
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    In regards to Sia, I have seen her and her rate is $80. Not sure where the other number comes from, but  if somebody here is thinking of meeting up with her hoping for extras, they will be disappointed. If they are looking for a good cuddle, they will have a great time. She is an absolutely delightful young lady. 
  • @mark that may not be a bad idea...
  • [Deleted User]NikiJay88 (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    I myself charge $80/hr, then again I spend an hour getting ready, make sure everything is planned and make sure when I'm there that the person I'm cuddling with is happy, feels secure, enjoys their time with me, and understands that no matter what they look like, their age, or gender that I just purely want to make their day, or week better and make sure I make a positive impression. I didn't really mess with the price, I stuck to a simple selection and that was it.

P.S. Cuddleready I can't speak for other professionals but I can speak for myself. I don't ignore friend requests, I have only had to turn one person away (he kept trying to push cuddling past what it was). I respond as soon as I can, and trade karma and nicely ask for it in return.
  • I charge $80.00 an hour and here's the breakdown....

$68.00 is what I get after the site takes percentage
    $56.00-58.00 after my 1099 taxes
    $45.00 after water bottles, mints, tissues, hand soaps. Etc.... are purchased for my wonderful clients.
    I'm not even going to say how much I spend on aroma therapy oils for relaxation lol ....and laundry...because who wants to lay on a bed someone else was in? I have to factor in getting ready, clean up, time spent doing laundry...and not to mention the emotional exchange of another persons energy. We are healers, and it makes me happy that I can help a person...but I also know the work that goes into it. I'm doing continuing education for massage, sound therapy and energy work....and that stuff isnt free let me tell ya lol. Everyone has there own view of pricing, I just wanted to share mine for some insight. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs and good vibes to all!!!

• edited May 2018

@TeddieB $11 worth or water, soap and mints per client per session? Sounds like you’re going through a couple bottles of smart water, a tin of altoids and a bottle of hand soap per session ;-)

• I read that as per hour . So , two hour session , $ 22.00, in h20 , mints , soap .

• The client is gonna end up cuddled, hydrated, with clean hands and minty fresh breath.

• I think for some people this is considered a job , you pay 15% to the site and take out 25% for tax purposes , I charge 80$ when really I am only making 51 an hr.

• @PhotoLady Good reminders. A lot of people complain about the price, but I really have a hard time seeing how I could reduce my rates. Even where I'm at, I'm still working on making enough to pay the bills. Also, at the current rate, that allows me to pay my bills at my goal number of hours each week. If I cuddled too many more hours than that, then I wouldn't have the mental energy or focus to provide the level of service I wish to provide =) This isn't work that you can do 40 hours every week...

• This cuddle pro is not on this site, but I think her asking price is a record. $500/hour with a 2-hour minimum.
    https://cuddlecompanions.org/cuddler/cuddleminnie/

I guess that's one way to insure your schedule doesn't get too packed. :-/

• edited July 2018

But at least you can skype or facetime for only 300, that's a bargain in my book....While I whole heartedly support the right of the person to charge as they see fit, I do reserve the right to shake my head in disbelief from time to time.

• I have said this in another thread. It may seem absurd to us regular folk, but there are people out there with enough money that they will literally get the most expensive and extravagant option every time simply because they can, regardless of actual quality but rather implied quality. All it takes is one or two multi hr appointments to have your bills covered for that month.

• @pmvines But then I wouldn't be able to help most of the people who need it. I do this work to help people, not to make as much money as quickly as possible :-P That intention inherently makes those cuddlers lower quality in my book :-(

• @ubergigglefritz I agree, I am just starting out, I would like to do two two hr sessions a day, 5 days a week, I haven't had any luck yet but I am pretty new. Any advice on getting going'.

• @PhotoLady 2 2-hour sessions a day is quite a lot in my book to start out. the days i get booked for 2 two-hour sessions are the most productive days in my book but at the end of it, i know i need to recharge. think about it... even with a 2 hour break in between, you know in that break you have to give yourself a lunch, and prepare for the first and then the next session... that can take anywhere between 30 mins to an hour of preparing.

if pro cuddling was "getting paid for JUST cuddling" then we are forgetting or downplaying the benefits that come from cuddling, the energy and labor it takes to cuddle, and the preparation of course. i do not cuddle coming straight out of bed/sleeping or cuddle as i am. i get ready to cuddle, get my hygiene on point, my energy on point... my space organized and spiritually cleansed (for incalls), and i have AC or heater to set the climate that the cuddler prefers... and set up anything else the cuddler asks for within reason.

and i love cuddling with the intent to make sure the cuddler receives the benefits from it. two-three hour cuddles are amazing in my book because folks i know have seen their best selves emerge from these longer sessions. an hour session is just a taste of the good results. but to be at my best in all aspects, i know 4 hours a day is my max...total. i might be able to fit in a 5th hour but when im finished, im like a car with low gas, beeping to be refilled.

to start seek out an hour a day. two hours if you don't cuddle every day. i know i don't cuddle every day but at some point i did when i first started, and it started affecting my healing abilities. always take at least one self-care day.. maybe on your least inquired day of the week.

best of luck!

• Im a newbee here...

• [Deleted User]Madebytheblood (deleted user)

$65.