How much do you charge?

Comments

• Prices will never be reasonable with men like you willingly defending exorbitant prices.  And NO, higher prices do NOT mean better quality!!
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    @cuddleready what do you think is fair compensation?
  • If
    they have the training and experience like Buffyswan, then I can see
    charging maybe double what a normal person can make to cover business
    expenses or other.  So the high school grads could charge maybe $20/hr
    and then start going up from there with training and experience.  That's
    still awful good money, but a way more reasonable starting point!

The fact that it is just a Gig or PT does not
    justify the ridiculously high price.  How many men can charge $80/hr for
    a Gig, or PT even with vast training and experience?  Yet, we have
    women straight out of high school asking for that and more. 
    So let's say you book an hour session for $20 and it takes her 30 minutes to get to your house and 30 minutes home Is it reasonable for her to go cuddle with a complete stranger and make $20 for two hours of combined cuddle and travel? I think that's as unreasonable as a pro asking for $100 an hour and $30 minutes of travel each way.
  • The price charged certainly does not indicate a better cuddler - just someone who honestly is a bit greedy - charging a higher price because they know someone will pay it. If professional cuddling is ever going to be taken seriously, it has to fall into line and have set standards just like any other industry.  

Travel itself is a different story. And for business people who travel for work, there is a set price that companies reimburse by the mile and that freelancers can charge, which is set by the IRS. Currently for 2017, it's 53.5 cents per mile. So if someone is truly traveling 30 miles (that's miles not minutes, btw - you cannot charge for the time it takes to drive, only the distance), then the person could charge you about $16 one way, $32 round trip. Anything extra would not be reimbursed. And generally people have to show their receipts to prove the mileage. So keep that in mind when people are quoting you these outrageous travel fees.

And btw, you know who make the best cuddlers? Mothers. We give platonic cuddles and affection day in and day out - and we aren't paid for it. Just my two cents.

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    Dads can be pretty good cuddler too. Just saying. 
    I've enjoyed reading this particular thread as people have a wide range of thoughts.  My own opinion of pricing is that it should be market driven.  To many, a fair market price is any price that the buyer and seller can agree on.  If someone wants to charge $120/hour and somebody is willing to pay it, then that is the fair market value.

As consumers, we have choices.  We can agree to the price, try to negotiate the price, or move on.  If enough potential customers are unwilling to spend the higher rate, then that person needs to drop their price, or move on.  But in the end, the market will take care of itself.

• What I hear is that many have expressed that they are an unmet market and that they would take advantage of lower rates or demand more training in those charging higher prices. i suspect that some professionals might find that they can build a more steady clientele buy charging lower prices. Or maybe not. I, myself, am most mistrusting of those who don't post their rates.
  • [Deleted User]cuddleuptime (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    There's a new pro in LA that lists her price at $100 an hour, $160 for 2 hours, $350 for 3 hours and $800 for overnight. Ok let's do the math, $100 for 1 hour, $80 an hour for 2 hours and $116.67 for 3 hours. That's a mathematical genius right there. Seriously how does that make any sense? So I'll request 2, 2 hour sessions instead of a 3 which will get me 4 hours for $320 which is cheaper than the $350 she lists a 3 hour session for. Wtf???

Ok now snuggle buddies charges half that for an overnighter so how does she justify $800? 

On her her profile she says....

If you think my prices are too steep then you're not the cuddler for me! Lol no negotiations please 

Um we as clients want the we care vibe not I want your money vibe.

This profile is so bad it Must be a joke.
  • I did some number crunching. A search of professional women revealed 332 profiles. A close examination of the first 92 profiles sorted my most recent online, showed that they were all online within the last day. Of these, 25 (27%) listed their rates in their profile, 6 didn't even have a profile. The breakdown of the pricing per hour: $120: 1; $100:4; $90: 1; $80:10; $75: 1; $70:1; $60: 4; $50:2; $45: 1. Obviously, I have too much time on my hands, but I wanted to put the various rates in perspective. This may no be representative of the whole since the majority do not post their rates, they can negotiate them as they see fit, possibly adjusting them based on gender orientation, age, sexual orientation, etc.Very few had karma remarks.
  • I think some cuddlers may not realize that lower costs may make them have more customers and overall more income.
    There's a sweet spot at which you get steady bookings but still make good money.
    Those afternoons and evenings you're not booked are wasted time you could have been making money...
  • edited January 2017
    @cuddleuptime

Please can you message the professional and let them know of their mistake which hopefully it is or can you report the profile and I will talk to them about it.

• Poonie - yes, dads can be awesome cuddlers, too! I was just using moms as an example since I am one, lol, and since the overwhelming dynamic seems to be men looking to cuddle with women, versus the opposite. I've maintained before that I would totally support male professional cuddlers. I think it should go both ways. It may not be as big a market, but there are certainly women who would welcome it.

And, yes, obviously if someone is charging twice as much as everyone else and not getting any bookings, eventually they will have to either lower their prices or move on.

I guess I just still find it distasteful that some seek to exploit, that's all.

You really think there is a market for male professionals?  Maybe I should try it.  I like to think I'm a pretty good cuddler.  I'll even offer an introductory price of $1.00/hour. I'll limit it to the first 100 customers. ;-) 

Seriously, I don't see a market for male professionals. I'm guessing male participation and activity on this board is way higher than for females.  There doesn't appear to be any reason for a woman to need to pay. Unless the guy is a double for Brad Pitt or something like that. That cuddler of course, would not be me.  I would be thrilled however to be proven wrong. 
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    I bet theres a market for male cuddlers but that person would not only have to be in great shape but also be comfortable cuddling other guys platonically.
  • of course there is a market for male cuddlers....but most likely gay clients.  if that's ok with you, then it could be a way to make some cash....

• It seems to me from recent postings that there will always be controversy when discussing price.

Most of us are brought up to understand mentally that our society is based on supply and demand.  However, in the back of our mind, we are thinking - "Why should I have to pay so much just to have a platonic relationship with someone.  I am a nice person why is it so difficult."  Or maybe there is a constant issue about whether or not we have disposable income to use when we know we are going to not only have to pay for transportation and maybe food/room in addition to a fee to cuddle with someone.

I would definitely have to agree with NJCuddleDevil in his statement about "It's a shame that people are more willing to risk getting an STD than to platonically cuddle.", but that is more to do with the fact that most men can't find a cuddle partner so they just say F-it I know that I can get at least some tactile comfort if I go to the next level and either higher a prostitute or pick up a girl at a bar, or join one of those casual websites.

In a society where most women are capable of receiving cuddles from either sex very easily whether it is be planned or unplanned it leaves most of us men out in the cold to try and figure out what is necessary to do in order to survive so to speak.

What bothers me the most is that I would love to think that professional cuddlers see this as therapy work and genuinely care about clients and their well being. Someone who genuinely cares would make this professional service affordable so that it can reach all of the people who need it. Although there are several pros that fall into this category and who do make it affordable, there are also several that don't land in the category of therapy work and are more in line with sex workers such as prostitutes and strippers who use their femininity to exploit men for money. There is huge difference beteeen the two and some of these pros really need to stop fooling themselves and acting like they care about clients when all they really care about is money. My hopes in coming to this site was to find a caring community of people that love helping others. There are a large amount of therapy workers here but there is also a large amount of others who really don't care and see this as easy money.

I've had amazing experiences with pros that have gone above and beyond to show they care and to make me feel special and I'm grateful for them but I've also heard some horror stories from several other clients. I'm an extremely caring person and it's sad to come into a situation where you think you're going to find another person who's genuinely caring and all they are are money hungry. I've actually made friends with quite a few of the male clients on here and find I enjoy talking to them and having some bro moments more than talking to some of the girls on here. Professional cuddling just isn't ideally what it should be.
  • [Deleted User]Mmmavocados (deleted user)
    Professional cuddling will have the good and bad and no job field is ideally where it should be. Even in the field of therapists, I've had more bad experiences with judgmental therapists than good ones.

The truly good ones will have their heart in the right place and their care and compassion will shine through. I kind of liken it to teaching, the ones who truly care about their students will be the best teachers.
  • Well said.  
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. 

• @morpheus... Comparing $120 an hour to stripping is a little low... I'm not sure if you meant that as an insult (I charge $80 an hour anyhow so that's not insulting to me I'm just playing devils advocate) but recently I tried therapy and they charge $150 an hour and strippers and sex workers and Vip rooms at strip clubs are like $500+ an hour... so definitely cuddling is cheaper than therapy and certainly less money than Sex work by a loooong shot. ;)
  • buffyswan, your pricing differential is way off.  120 is close to  the more unsavory "therapy" offerings easily found by anyone just by searching online.  Prices for cuddling on here is way too high in many cases!
    @buffyswan *thumbs up*
  • Regarding the crazy rates ...The thing is some guys go broke cause they think they need this stuff and so I wonder about the women that take their money and smile and then throw them out as soon as they're empty.
    It's the guys fault of course. But I would feel bad if I was the girl doing that.
    For a while there I was spending more money than I had.
    I have to budget myself now but I couldn't help it for the first half of the year.
  • I'm not talking about unsavory therapy options, I'm talking about top quality traine Professionals, they charge double what most cuddlers charge. 
  • Just yesterday I tried setting up a cuddle session with a lady who was new to the site - she was not listed as a professional, but she messaged me back saying that she expected a donation for her time.  OK, I was game since I have mostly cuddled with pros here, so when I asked her how much she said $200 for a session!!  Made me think she was really a prostitute just using the site to pick up new clients.  I won't "out" the cuddler publicly, but she's in the NYC area.  Be carefull ......
  • She's breaking the rules so please can you let me know the account?
  • @Mark - I'm not big on rules Mark, and you're in the UK ..what would you do with that info? Rat her out?

• I wouldn't ban her but it's important I explain to her the rules and make sure she understands her pro contract.
  • let me explain something that might help in understanding things better. 
    See, let's see most of the snugglers charge 80 per hour.  Now, what people don't seem to consider is that when a snuggler also hosts, for some clients (like myself) that's a pretty big deal.  Even if we use buffyswan's $20 per hour suggestion for spaces to rent, that's an extra $20 per hour.  In practice I can't find anything decent at that rate,  if you get a hotel room, that's an additional $45 per hour or more depending on how many hours you spend in it.  
    So do the math...a snuggler who charges $80 per hour and doesn't host is costing the client $80 + 45 or $125 per hour!  
    so the snuggler who hosts, can charge $80 but the client is paying only $80 per hour.  
    So when you can't host...and you say that your rate is the same as other snugglers who CAN host...that's simply not the case....your effective rate is not the same.  
    in addition, I just found a snuggler who hosts and agreed to $60 per hour..so now that effective rate of $125 seems even more incredible.  
    If I see someone about 8 hours a month, that ends up being a difference of  $520 a month or in a year $6,240....still think I'm being a jerk or unreasonable??  
    So my point is to simply understand why I would ever ask for some kind of reduced rate if you don't host...because in effect, the other snuggler IS at a reduced rate already.  :)