😶🤨💓 Question to ponder.... Do you believe ALL human beings have VALUE?

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

Here's what I've gathered from this thread (which is amazing because I'd love to have long-form conversations with all of you):

We're complex because we're human and we don't even understand ourselves. Some are more steadfast in perspectives, some are more liquid. Value is where you find it in the journey and none of us has an identical paths. If you want to talk about human beings as value in general, then you have to ask, "to what ($100 bill reference)?" If you want to bring in communication, inspiration, interactions, then I think the answer is yes- we can add value and be valuable to each other.

• @sillysassy Even if value is subjective (a matter of opinion), that doesn’t make it conditional. If everyone who likes chocolate cake vanished tomorrow, including me, would
    chocolate cake still be delicious? Yes, in my opinion, because I love chocolate cake.

How do we feel that we have value, or everyone has value? It’s sort of a choice, though like our tastes, perhaps not under our direct control.

My childhood wasn’t as bad as some people, but I am still processing, to this day, how I’ve been treated from birth, versus who I really am. You know what feels true to you when it comes to metaphysics and morality, and you are here to live that truth, I believe.