CHEERS to Mods having the ability to BOOT!!!!!! πŸ‘ˆπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘‰

Comments

• Same. Soooo grateful.

• I don’t derive pleasure from banning people but in some cases there’s quite the sense of accomplishment, especially when someone does something really gross and you coincidentally find out about it very promptly and you’re able to ban them right away. Wham! Out of here!

• Thanks, @Babichev for showing that repeat offender the door.

• Dang it! I missed the drama! Oh well ~ Keep on keepin on... πŸ’“πŸ‘

• edited February 2022

Thanks for the support, @Sideon. He went on a rampage. There are moments I doubt myself but when someone acts like a complete jerk in response to being told to cool it then it removes the doubt.

• OH @Babichev Thank you for using all of your magical skills to save us from the ick. πŸŒŸπŸ’—βœ¨πŸ’“πŸŽ‡πŸ₯°πŸ”…πŸŒŸ

• The moderators theme song:

• Only question is….which moderator goes with which character?

• OMGOSH!!! @FunCartel I remember the A-Team!!!! This is a tough one..... I'll have to think about this.... I wonder what all the youngsters think?? 🀣

• @Sideon is definitely t-pain πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Okay, this is something that does give me pleasure: Someone gets banned 6 hours ago for making completely inappropriate requests, makes a new profile, and I just happen to catch it less than an hour after they make their new profile. Love it when it works that way.

• Congratulations, @Babichev! I imagine that's very satisfying indeed (and it's great for the community). A little luck is a wonderful boost.

• @Babichev oh good! I was just wondering about this after I saw someone who was inappropriate got banned. I’m glad it’s easy enough to keep them out. Yay!

• Seriously, the work you all do is so appreciated!!! I was literally just telling @OhioMike we should be able to tip you guys for your efforts, energy and diligence!
    I wondered though if tipping or paying to show appreciation might cause a subsequent problem of perceived favoritism but I would still be open to that! Also down to connect for coffee, chocolates, whiskey, good eats!

THANK YOU !!!!!

• No tips, just bring chocolate when you come to St. Louis. ;-)

Really, just having the support is enough. It’s hard sometimes to know from a distance exactly what’s the best thing to do. Sometimes it’s obvious, other times it’s not.

• @Babichev ... Chocolate ! ! Done ! πŸ‘

You have a lot of support here. A lot ! Thank you and the other moderators for all you do here and for us .

• edited February 2022

While I may not respond much in the forums and my return from my year hiatus I asked to be kept without some big announcement, I did want to say hi to everyone and thank you as being part of the Moderators again. If you visit the Dallas/Ft Worth area and care to meet for coffee I'm down =)
    @FunCartel I'll claim Murdock!

• Hey @reurbo ! Welcome back and big big thanks to you as well! I have been trying to make it to Dallas on my travels so now you’ve just added one more reason to make it happen!

• edited February 2022

As a long time member of this site I too need to thank the mods. They do an awe job in kicking out the bad ones. Unmarked pro. Scammers, etc. β€˜

• @reurbo WELCOME BACK!!!!! I love your positive vibe and FREE HUGS ENERGY!!! πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’•πŸ’—πŸ’›πŸ§‘πŸ§‘πŸ’“πŸ’œπŸ’œ Thank you for jumping in to say hello. This forum has missed you. You bring so very much to this world of snuggles.

Thank you for being such a brave soul to help moderate this crazy community.

• @reurbo Welcome back! @MissAdventurous Awesome @Sideon T-Pain character connection! ❀️🎢

• Much thanks to the mods for keeping these forums a safe space <3

• edited April 2022

How did we get so lucky to have our Mods?????? Once again.... a questionable entrance straight to getting banned quickly.

Thanks @Sideon for the double hitter!! #CLEANINGHOUSE

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@sillysassy These pics are waaay too sexy for this website! πŸ₯΅πŸŒΆοΈπŸŒ­

• Thank you @sideon. I saw that post with the fake account and immediately started shaking my head. I am so grateful for our wonderful mods!

• @Moxytocin hahahhahaha I KNOW RIGHT????? Men that know how to vacuum and MOP???? hahahhahah So true.

ALMOST as sexy as humans who know how to use this site for its intended purpose..... SO FREAKING SEXY!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ * gasp * πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ !!!

• Yes, kudos to the moderators!! Question(s) - Who picks the moderators and why don't the owners pay them?

• edited April 2022

@Warmhugs22
    So there was a mod before me, but I forget who it was. Mark asked me to be the site mod and I started around January/February 2018. At the end of the year I asked Mark for a bit more help with the reports and forums and Mark asked my thoughts on @SoulcuddlerZ to be a mod to which he then joined January 2019. Later in November 2020 is when @Sideon joined the team after I left the site for a year hiatus starting August 2020.
    It looks like there was a couple other mods for a short run named @squeakytoy and @CharlesThePoet and I see @Babichev started around the same time as CharlesThePoet did in August 2021.

So the answer to your question, typically it's Mark who picks the mods, but sometimes he asks the mod/mods' opinion on a site member to help decide. As for when a mod is picked though, at least in my experience, it's when the mod/team is requesting for more help or if a mod leaves and the added help is needed.
    Also, we're simply volunteering our time to help.

• @Warmhugs22 the question of paying mods came up not long ago in another thread. (As far as I know CC currently has no formal employees.) I wrote this:

Hiring your first member of staff is a huge step for a business. Aside from all the usual difficulties of hiring, it means opening the business up to potentially huge costs and huge risk, relative to the size of the business. It's something you don't do unless you are very sure it's going to bring in plenty of additional revenue. Being the chief admin here isn't going to be a full time job, which means you still need a volunteer admin team to cover holidays and the different time zones. In other words it's a lot of investment (of various kinds, including money) for very little benefit.

As a business, if you're going to make an investment of that size you want to be sure it will bring in some kind of return. A paid admin will bring in very little, over and above a volunteer. It's just not a good use of the business's resources. Note that this is much more a comment about business in general, than about this particular site. (I have watched a forum go from community-moderated to paid-admin led. It was an interesting process, and the benefits to the business took a while to appear. When they did, they were very hard to value but clearly were worthwhile. The business was much bigger than this, already employing maybe 40 or 50 people.)