😊🦋🌈 MeetUp --- CuddleParty --- Meet & Greet MEGA THREAD

edited May 2023 in General

Hello all of you beautiful humans out there in the CuddleVerse!

I wanted to start this thread that will hopefully hold all sorts of information about possible future Meet & Greets or CuddleParty's that people would like to discuss.

This way the CURRENT thread (i.e. St. Louis, Atlanta, Austin, Las Vegas) will be a place for people to get information about that specific party.

There has a been a huge positive response about these gatherings and it is only going to grow. I also feel like the information about possible destinations (like LONDON😊) wind up getting lost in the thread and its hard to locate all that good stuff later

Comments

• edited June 2022

Threads successfully merged. Sorry for screwing things up in the first place, @sillysassy ! [-Sid]

• edited June 2022

There was some beautiful commentary about the joyous cuddle peeps of our English cousins. I would be so incredibly excited if someone (hint hint) wanted to organize a Meet & Greet out in their amazing country.

@CuddlesByDeep mentioned

you absolutely should plan one in London, you have quite the cuddle community there. While I visited there I had a chance to attend one of the wonderful workshops offered by the Touch Project https://www.touchproject.world and many people from this community were there. In particular I had a great time meeting and connecting with @motuwoman, sharing wonderful connection and cuddles with @WellnessVanessa. I don't know if the founder, Kathy, has a profile on here, but I loved her vision for the whole concept, built around providing a community interest rather than with a purely profit oriented motive. They even got some small grant money recently and have expanded to doing two meetings each month at two different locations. So I think you all should absolutely put your energies together and arrange a meet!

@CuddleDuncan said

But I'm afraid I'm not going to organise a social event in London, I have not the energy. But if somebody else did....For the avoidance of doubt, if anybody is passing through London please drop me a line. I'd love to meet you for a cuddle, coffee or beer as appropriate. @CuddlesByDeep when were you here? I've been to quite a number of Touch Project workshops and I know Kathy well. @motuwoman and @WellnessVanessa I know very well indeed: both are shining exemplars of what cuddle professionals should be, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. There is another workshop running in London at the moment https://www.meetup.com/Cuddle-Workshop/ run by Anna Fortes, a very experienced cuddler who, you've guessed it, I know very well. Kathy used to be a facilitator at Anna's workshops.

@CuddlesByDeep said

I was in London for about three weeks and just got back on Saturday. Primarily visited family, but being that I facilitate cuddle party certainly wanted to see and experience how things are done over there! The touch project workshop happened on a day when I could attend so that was convenient. Next time I'll try to time my visit to attend one of Anna's Cuddle Workshop events. I didn't plan the visit around cuddles, I sort of reached out to a few people at the last minute, found the touch workshop, and signed up. Next time I'll be sure to drop you a line!

• edited June 2022

Also..... @Chris04 mentioned in another thread.

With all these meetups going on. If some one ever makes one in Los Angeles, count me in. (Pssst, city of Compton perfect spot)

I would love love LOVE to have a California Meet & Greet! (side note my Grandma lived in Compton!!) How fun would this be??
    🦋🌼😊

• edited June 2022

I saw there is a cuddle party in San Diego every month. Is that the same thing or totally separate event?

• @Charlie_Bear What a great question!!

There are lots of cuddle parties around the world. Some hosted by trained professionals and others are just people on MeetUp saying let’s cuddle!!

These are specifically just ideas and stuff but maybe it would be a great place to ANNOUNCE something from outside CuddleComfort as well.

Anything that helps get people connected I say. 😊😊😊

• @sillysassy oh gotcha, thanks! I have never been to a cuddle party but I am very interested in see what they are about ☺️

• [Deleted User]stdisc0827 (deleted user)

Anything in the Philadelphia region ?

• edited June 2022

@Spud424 wrote

Y’all need to have a meet up in Philly…I’ll even buy the pretzels and water ice!

SOUNDS LIKE it’s the beginning of a party!!!

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that I am pretty sure @Babichev would be willing to share the pros and cons of organizing a “meet & greet” which is vastly less complicated than hosting an actual cuddle party.

We also have the dynamic duo @Julie33 and @cuddler5617 working on something out in Atlanta area and @CuddlesByDeep in Austin. 😊😊😊

@Charlie_Bear I LOVE a lot of aspects of a cuddle party!! Not the same as one on one and certainly not for everyone…. But I’ve only had amazing experiences.

@justjennn has got some facilitated cuddle parties out here in my beautiful state.

• Any in the NYC area?

• Hmmmmm I haven’t seen anything in the forums but let’s see if @happybear might chime in??

• I’m up for an NYC meet! I could probably make Philly too if I have enough of a heads up. @happybear is the king of NYC and knows more people up here than I do, so I bet he would have some good insights to share 😊

• edited June 2022

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yes!!!!! @b0nfire you are so delightful!!!!! I am dying to get back out there! You guys are gonna get it ALL rolling!

• @sillysassy You’re so sweet to say that! I’ve only heard great things about you 😊 Get back out here soon so I can give you a big ol’ hug (if you want one)!

• edited June 2022

YES!!!!!!! 😊

@b0nfire

I'm actually hopeful for springtime when the cherry blossoms open up!!)

• edited June 2022

@sillysassy As a male I look forward to spring and my yearly physical when the doctor opens my butt cheeks.

Off topic. - Babichev

• edited June 2022

I host CuddleParty events in Austin on a regular basis. They are announced on the Cuddle Party Austin meetup and also on CuddleParty.com
    https://meetup.com/austin-cuddle-party

We have a cuddle retreat day planned for July 16 in Austin as well. This page has some quick info, but message me for the full brochure: https://g.co/kgs/DmkuTK

• @FunCartel omgosh. You are literally. Killing. Me!!!

• @sillysassy
    @Bonfire
    I would love to be part of putting together a meet-up in NYC, would love someone to work with me on it, @Bonfire you want to coordinate it with me, @sillysassy , I started to try to put something a fewcmonths ago with another cuddler and the person moved. We will keep you posted, the East Coast definately needs a meetup, I know people that are interested .

• @sillysassy , would love to be able to meet you, and give you the biggest hug...😊

• I have no idea what a Cuddle Party is but I like the sound of it. I am happy to help out whoever wants to organize in the South Jersey/Philly area. Let’s get together and create a vibe 🥰

• @happybear good for you! I read some of these comments that people here don't have the energy etc. to do a cuddle gathering. Nothing wrong with asking for assistance. This community has always shown when someone needs assistance there are people here willing and able to participate ! 😊

• @AriesBossLady OMGOSH!!! I love your hair! And welcome to the site!! Yay for more Philly Peeps!!
    I'm going to put this Cuddle Party info in a spoiler because its a LOT of words. hahahha

Welllllllll there are a million different kinds of cuddly party shenanigans to be sure!!

I can only speak to my experience. I found a group in Boulder and the facilitator has some training in cuddle party stuff. As a professional in the world of consent (in the schools and business framework) she has spent a lot of years studying touch, touch therapy, consent, abuse etc.
    She facilitates a group with around 15-20 people. There's a welcome circle and rules that everyone has to agree to etc. The best part of this specific group was her choice to have some "non-touch exercises" first. i.e. groups of three TALK and ask questions. Sometimes you answer YES no matter what you want. Sometimes you answer NO no matter what you want. You get to feel what it feels like in your body when your heart and mind are not in alignment. Like "Can I pick a booger out of your nose?" and you have to answer YES even though you might not want them to do it.
    Especially in this world of touch and consent, because you are in a safe space, it gives the freedom to FEEL what its like to ask for things, get honest responses, and deal with emotions surrounding that. It was AMAZING!!! I wasn't expecting that.... I figured everyone would just say "Hi can I give you a hug?" and then pair off, rotate etc like a speed dating scenario.

The best part was her desire specifically lends the ability to be open and honest and authentic because you know that beforehand everyone has agreed to do that to the best of their ability. One of the rules is that you don't even have to cuddle at ALL. Etc Etc ETc. Here's her link on MeetUp and then you can get a feel for it that way. https://www.meetup.com/Community-Cuddles-Meetup/events/285687620/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=braze_canvas&utm_campaign=mmrk_alleng_event_announcement_prod_v4_en&utm_term=promo&utm_content=lp_meetup

So..... Like I said, this is just one way that its done but I LOVED IT!!! In unexpected ways.

LOTS of different kinds of cuddle parties/connections. I just love the model that @Babichev created for the STL Meet & Greet as a post covid, NON threatening kind of way to get to connect to a lot of people.

Awwwwwwwwww @happybear I cannot wait to meet you for a long extended hug!!! IN REAL LIFE!!!! Soon my friend. SOON! You better get to planning things with @b0nfire 😊😊😊

• I was supposed to be at a cuddle party on Sunday the 22nd but everybody canceled. I was on my way with food and everything. The person who runs the cuddle party is a Cuddllist she’s not from the site. I’ve been to three of her Cuddle parties and they’re very good. I tried to get some pros to go but even they wouldn’t go. I would love to have a monthly cuddle party that would be awesome.

Anybody from the Cleveland Akron area Interested in a cuddle party?

• edited June 2022

Anybody from the Cleveland Akron area Interested in a cuddle party?

Deshaun Watson is in.

What is the point of this? - Babichev

• Who is Deshaun Watson? Is he part of Cuddle comfort? Or is that you lol

• edited June 2022

omgosh @FunCartel You have to give a warning you goofball!!!! I would 100% fly out to see this guy at a cuddle party!! Wasn't there a thread that said "Why don't famous people cuddle" hmmmmm

About:

Derrick Deshaun Watson is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He played college football at Clemson, where he led the team to a national championship in 2016. Watson was selected in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Houston Texans.

EDITED because @FunCartel finally gave @KozyKim and I more details.... We are clueless aren't we??

• edited June 2022

Uh, people—Deshaun Watson has 24 sexual assault cases pending from masseuses in Texas.

He now plays for the Cleveland Browns. Congrats.

Your comments in this thread are off topic and offensive. Sexual assault is not funny. Time out for 3 days. - Babichev

• Ohio Mike just called me to tell me who he was. I guess I’m not a sports fan. It does ring a bell now. How embarrassing😬🤣

• @KozyKim That's terrible, I hope you were able to eat up the food! Hopefully you can go to another one, soon.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @KozyKim we have a lot of peeps here on CC in Ohio so yeah we need to get that Ohio party started sometime! 😊