Offering a Free Session is Critical!

13»

Comments

• Wow heard about this post and was ready to really chime in but damn. First off doctor’s lawyers security companies all give free consultations. The reasons they do that a lot of times is for marketing. If a pro doesn’t need to market they don’t need to market. I’m not mad at you. Less than 20% of violent crimes are committed by women false statistics. Also tons of men get assaulted harassed raped. In a poll on this very question 75% of men said they would not or did not report it. Did you know domestic violence Is 50/50 for men and women as the perpetrator. They should separate this sit as Pros Hobbyist and members. That why the pros that just wanna make a little cash can be a hobbyist and not have the burden of being a pro. I also agree that you shouldn’t give out all of your personal info pros be safe but don’t ask us for all of ours though. I really think that both sides have really great points. Pros got a question for you. What about a pro that requires a 15 min prescreen but it cost $30 and at the end she decides whether she wants to see you or not?

• edited July 2022

If you’re gonna call my stats false, @shimmynets, you’ve gotta cite some sources. The numbers I referenced came from FBI and BJS (bureau of justice statistics)

As to domestic violence rates being closer to 50/50, I’d guess that’s likely attributable (in the US) to many states having laws that require police to arrest both parties during a domestic violence dispute. The fact still remains that women are more likely to be seriously injured or to experience prolonged fear.

https://www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/what-is-domestic-abuse/domestic-abuse-is-a-gendered-crime/

This is not to say that men cannot be victims of scams or violent crimes. In fact, men are slightly more likely to be the victim of violent crimes… but other men are also 4x more likely to be the perpetrator’s of those violent acts.

• edited July 2022

nm

• edited July 2022

@shimmynets
    Sir, you have zero idea what goes on here for the women on this site, both enthusiasts and pros. The vile messages/ pictures we are sent, older men grooming and taking advantage of young pros who genuinely just want to give platonic touch to others, stalking and harassment.
    Men? They occasionally get groped and pressured for more by a SW here, but the majority of us just want to cuddle.

Men are getting ripped off. Which happens to female pros here as well. It's unfortunate for both sides.

But MEN do not have the same fears we do of getting raped and possibly impregnated in a time where our rights over many of our bodies has been stripped. It's a fear all of us have to seriously consider everytime we meet a client new or repeat. SWs, enthusiasts or pros, anyone with a viable egg is not only putting their physical safety at risk but their future.

So it's a bit infuriating for you, as a male, to come here and throw sexual assault statics. If you were to get raped you would not be forced to carry your predators child. Our concerns and risks are VASTLY different.

I'm a truly genuine and compassionate person. I spread love everyday. In the same breath I will speak out about what is inappropriate to let men know I won't deal with their shit and to never contact me. Hell block me. I welcome it.

The clients who I want to give my energy to and receive from, always seem find me.

• @AintMisbehavin with all due respect I wasn’t calling your stats out like you made them up I was calling out the stats themself. Let me clarify. What I was stating is that the statistics are skewed. Number one most of their data has been compiled in the 90s but that’s not the point. These stats don’t take into account the high rate of violent crimes perpetrated against them by a female. Additionally it doesn’t take into account violent crimes committed with a male as an accessory that get pleaded down to a nonviolent crime. I know I’m Maryland for years there were a lot of cat fishing crimes. Guy finds girl on website goes for service from said girl and is robbed by girl and two male friends. But thank you for letting me clarify and keeping me honest. Wasn’t coming for you promise lol.

• Perhaps cuddle comfort should be a middle man for deposits. That way the pros don't get their time wasted and clients don't get scammed. Even after being on here for three years and having 84 karmas, I still lose business due to having a deposit requirement. It's quite frustrating that I don't have more credibility after all this time. But as long as there are scammers and sex workers on this platform, legitimate cuddle therapists like me will suffer.

• @xandriarain I think that would be frustrating.

@shimmynets A few men here have been robbed. That is worse (to me) than a man enjoying a pic of me in any unsavory way, but I still don't want to give a man a chance to do that.

• @xandriarain I actually think that is a great idea. This site wouldn’t invest the resources though. To the future

• @Razz i don’t understand why both views can’t coexist. I never said that women aren’t harassed stalked or even harmed in this profession. I have a teen aged daughter so everything you mentioned concerns me every time she walks out the house. Whether you want to believe it or not I do a lot in the community for domestic violence victims male and female. Any one here not far from Baltimore PM me and I can provide you information if you want to offer your support.

• @shimmynets You sent your message to Razz, not Rezz. I suspect you have some integrity, but I would not be foolish enough to invite you or anyone else into my personal space with no one else there based on everything you have said thus far. I treat every man as guilty til proven innocent. Not because I am a bad person, but because until I know someone they are nothing but a stranger that I know nothing about. A necessary reality if safety is more important than anything and to me it is. You seem like you want to inform and help. I appreciate that. I still assume that even some fairly dim bulbs can talk smoothly; it has served me well. I've not reread this thread lately and hope I am still making sense.

• @achetocuddle Obviously those "asshole bitches" I'm talking about are the scammers. Has nothing to do with the rates of cuddlers. Please make sure to read carefully next time before misjudging someone.

• @musicguy99 I apologize. It seemed an indirect way to include more than scammers. I read carefully, including between the lines. My mistake.

• @achetocuddle good catch on the message I sent thank you. Hey to each is own. I do kinda take offense to the fact that you direct comments directly to my character. You are saying based on intelligent and very polite comments (potentially contrary to yours) you would not invite me to your space for a session. Wow!!! That would be like me saying I assume every woman I meet is a lying gold digger till she proves me wrong. Everyone is a stranger once and deploying safety measures and trusting your gut like you mentioned could serve you well. I ensure you anyone who has performed a session with me on here will attest that they couldn’t have felt any safer. Additionally, want? I do inform and I do help every single day. And if you are a victim of assault I apologize earmuffs please. There are many women that have never been a victim that want to get on a soap box with their men are guilty ideal and don’t know crap. My job puts me in the face of these victims on a regular basis and guess what I’m a man. Bad people the guilty ones and if you have to point out every single person is bad because you can’t tell then your system is broken. My worse fear in the world is my daughter to be assaulted or kidnapped. I would go to prison for murder and I have never even gotten a speeding ticket. So I’ll be damned if I have a voice contrary to yours that you are going to lump me in with the bad guys. Pros feel free to judge my comments look at my profile then block me. Just know I am an advocate because my sessions help me and the real pros are great at what they do.

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)
    edited July 2022

"...look at my profile..." What's in your profile @shimmynets? Looks like every other blank profile.

"I ensure you anyone who has performed a session with me on here will attest that they couldn’t have felt any safer. " How? You've only been here since May and no karma, so how?

"Just know that I--..." No. We don't know a thing. That's the point. (Sorry, you addressed pros and I'm no longer one but am responding anyway.)

• @Moxytocin thats fine look at my profile. No other professional therapist or practitioner in my life has read “profile from me either” before I make an appointment I read a pro’s profile and then I reach out i then provide the professional therapist the information necessary along with a photo of myself prior to booking the session. Once both myself and the therapist are comfortable we book. Once I posted on this thread I have had 8 random people visit my profile, for what? F or trolling purposes lol. I don’t need to market myself I do fine.

• @shimmynets

Once I posted on this thread I have had 8 random people visit my profile, for what? For trolling purposes lol.

You looked at my profile before I blocked you.
    Are you trolling?

• I had someone message me "What do you want?" just because I clicked on his profile. I didn't realize that was a crime here.

• @Mike403
    It's not. Some people are just out of touch with how social sites work. 😉

• Dear @shimmynets I don't explain myself well. I don't mean to assault your character. I just mean that the info I have about you so far would not be enough to for me to know if I wanted to know you in person. I would need more info from anyone before deciding. Based on what you have written so far, you seem like a decent guy and potential cuddle partner. I'm just saying I would not base my decision on so little. I'm not much of a women's libber/feminist. I'm primarily concerned with any naive people of any gender reading the forum. I have not been assaulted in any way. But I've heard enough on this site that I feel compelled to write even tho I am not one of the most articulate.

It's good that you stand up for yourself, not that it matters what I think. Everyone should stand up for themselves, especially when they have good character. I am aware some people here just want to push their personal agenda and don't know crap. I can see how I might sound like one of them, but I just want people to be safe. I can tell that some need help with more thorough vetting. Truly I did not mean to be offensive; I was merely explaining how I approach vetting. My vetting is great, my wording not so much. Have a good evening.

It's disturbing that you imbue someone looking at your profile with so much meaning, especially negative meaning. That is at least an orange flag for me. Do I think you are probably a nice guy? Yes. But I can't say based on what you have written so far.

For anyone reading this: Please do long, thorough vetting. Someone telling you their service profession, how nice, sincere, and helpful they are does not mean you have vetted enough. They may be telling the truth, but you need to know much more than this before spending time in person. When in any doubt, don't meet.

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@achetocuddle Yes and I would add that the ones who go around saying "I'm a nice guy" to convince everyone they're a nice guy, tend to be the ones who are not nice guys. Lol

• @Moxytocin So True! Members, more than one man who has said they are nice or sincere in their username or profile has been banned. Be aware please.

• edited July 2022

@shimmynets no other therapist or practitioner exposes themselves, emotionally or physically, in the way that a professional cuddler does.

In and of itself, somebody visiting your profile carries zero meaning. Zero. About the third most common reason I visit somebody's profile is by accident.

It's not clear to me that you have understood the nature of this site. It is a social networking site. The whole professional cuddling thing is just a bolt-on. A big one, sure, but it's not what the site is about. The site is about meeting and making connections with people. I know you posted your photo in the forum but a totally blank profile such as yours is intrinsically suspicious.

Your assertion that "anyone who has performed a session with me on here will attest that they couldn’t have felt any safer" is troubling. It is for them to say that, not you. Nobody has the faintest clue whether someone they cuddled with felt safe or not until you've cuddled at least half a dozen times.

Having said all that, you do make some good points. But for the love of all that's holy please may we have some paragraphs?

• @CuddleDuncan I agree.

Members beware! The safe people will generally not espouse their good qualities in this manner. A few will, but you must do thorough vetting to determine. If you are not completely sure, do NOT meet them. Please! I worry about some of you.

• Lol for sure accessed your profile by accident @Rezz. @CuddleDuncan Sorry I wasn’t an English major I will try go give some paragraphs. But to your point I am not a big social media person except for business.

I go agree to an extent about exposure. Agree about physically but some of professionals I’ve seen are pretty emotionally vested. Additionally for the record i am only making my assertions about myself is because it was brought into question.

I haven’t missed the idea of what the site is meant for. I use the site how it works for me. It has been very therapeutic. The forums are entertaining

• edited July 2022

@shimmynets - We’ve looked at your profile. It’s blank. No karma. You’ve been here less than two months. I’m wondering who is the troll? Certainly not the folks who quietly checked your profile and moved on.

Proceed with caution. Trolling will get you put in time out.

• I don't find a blank profile any particular flag, but a good profile helps skip a few steps in the conversation...

• edited July 2022

@ubergigglefritz - a blank profile is not a problem. The problem is when someone says “look at my profile” as if that’s going to provide some information and it’s blank. Same with them suggesting checking with those who have cuddled with them and there’s zero karma. It’s a nonsensical suggestion. Which is exactly what happened here.