Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• edited May 2018

I can understand wanting a combination including 'Public' so will get that sorted.

In regards to your second point, I think you're referring to the flaw mentioned next to the bullet point in my update post. Should be fixed asap.

Thanks for the feedback. Will post an update here very soon.

• Dear Admins,
    This website is a great platform for like minded cuddlers to know and meet, I greatly appreciate your efforts. I do have met couple of cuddlers and it was an amazing experience.
    But I do want to bring out a major flaw in this website. Most of the profiles that appear in my search are inactive for months or years. I have sent messages to them and I don't think they would even see it.
    It would be very helpful if we can have a search filter based on 'last login'. I don't mind traveling an extra mile to meet, as long as they are active and willing to meet.
    Thanks for all your hard work
    Regards
    Jagan

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

It might be nice to know if our messages were actually read or not. If we know message has been read and get no response then at least we know the other person is not interested.

• edited May 2018

@curiousgeorge1 - you can already see if they have been online and if they have visited your profile. If they have not been online, they have obviously not read your message. If they have been online but have not visited your profile, they have probably not read your message. If they have visited your profile after you sent the message, they probably have read your message. But either way, not getting a reply means they are not interested.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

@jagan FIrst off, I agree. Second, this is something that some members of the community have been talking about for a very LONG time. I feel the same way, someone who hasn't been online for 2-3 years really shouldn't have their profile posted here. I've messaged long inactive profiles to see if they'll read the e-mail alert and come back to Cuddle Comfort. So far it hasn't worked. I've been looking for a non-pro cuddle buddy for a while because I can't always afford to have pro sessions, and I can only ride my bike for sessions.

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

From the previous page:

New search filter: Last Online (temp disabled pending fix of bug mentioned below)

It's being worked on @GameStriker4481 and @Jagan

• @UKGuy not necessarily. I will often read a message on my phone and not reply until I'm at my computer. I know I'm not the only one who does this...

• @ubergigglefritz you're right, you're not alone in doing something like that. I'll check email notifications on my phone to see if I have messages and then view the messages on my desktop computer

• I've noticed recently that there are many discussions being started that are not related to cuddling or to this site at all. Does anyone else think it might be a good idea to separate the discussion categories into Cuddle-related and non-Cuddle related?

• @UKGuy In a lot of forums, they have an off-topic forum section specifically for that purpose. Makes sense to me. I'm not really generally interested in off-topic posts, so usually just ignore that section. It's helpful to have on-topic posts centralized and not mixed in with random subjects not related to the subject at hand. I agree.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

@UKGuy I have seen general boards used as off-topic boards on many forum sites. 'General' implies being able to talk about any subject. Unless it is specifically stated that the general board is only for on-topic discussions.

That being said, an off-topic board might be helpful for people who are looking for a categorized forum that is just about casual conversation.

I also think it might be helpful for each cuddler to keep a blog. A blog would be an excellent way to communicate with friends and get to know people.

• edited May 2018

Have the off-topic threads got to a point of saturation where it's genuinely irritating? Breaking a forum into an additional sub-forum should only be done very cautiously and just at the right time where enough activity warrants it. Do it too early and the community and activity suffers.

I've not only witnessed this as an admin but also experienced it as an end user on a couple of different websites. For example, I would regularly visit a forum because there was fresh content on each visit and it was one click. The moment it got categorised into additional sub-forums, the reduced freshness of each section made regular visits less rewarding. That fact along with the additional clicks meant I stopped visiting as much. Unnecessary clicks matter a lot when it comes to usability and that's because the mental friction is very tangible even if subconscious.

edited May 2018

@Mark I've been on a lot of forum sites over the years (and I own two forums too). I've always viewed the general board as the place where you can post anything you want/ discuss anything you want. General typically implies being able to talk about anything.

However, if the general board here is supposed to be related to just cuddling topics you might want to put a note or description on the forum that says you can only talk about cuddle-related topics.

And you might want to make an off-topic board where the description makes it clear that you can talk about what ever you want to/ have casual conversation.

• edited May 2018

There's never been a rule for this board that topics must be related to cuddling. That will occur at some point though.

@Mark Okay thank you for clarifying things. :)

• Personally I like choices, and the variety of topics I feel will lead to appealing to more activity on the forums , and more opportunities to learn about others as well as more platforms to personally express something about myself that may not be relevant to another thread topic. So it doesn't really bother me, I just don't participate if I'm not interested. This is a cuddle site but that is a very small part of my Interests and even smaller aspect of my life in general so if i only had cuddling to talk about it would be pretty constricting and very brief

@pmvines I also like to talk about casual things as well. I think if there is more open discussion on the forums, it helps to get to know other people on the site, talk about similar interests, and connect a little better than if there is no open communication available.

A Discord chat server might help with live chat too! Although I'm not really a 'chat room' kind of person. lol I go to my Discord servers every once in a while. A chat server on Discord would be helpful, however, if someone needed immediate help with something.

• @MoonlightSonata the idea of live chat is interesting especially for cheapskates like myself who cannot call outside of the U.S. due to phone plan limitations

@pmvines It just seems like a live chat option through Discord (which is an excellent chat server host by the way) would be a good way to communicate in various ways that you are kind of limited by with just the message board or private messages. So it is just a thought I had.

• edited May 2018

I have no objection to anyone starting a discussion on any topic (and I've contributed to many of them) but when those topics are mixed in with cuddling-related topics, they inevitably push the cuddling-related topics off the current active discussions list. So I think a split into cuddle-related and off-topic (or call it general if you want) forums would help alleviate that issue.

@UKGuy Or maybe a board called Cuddle Chat? Because there is a board called Cuddle Requests but not really a board to discuss cuddling specifically.

• @MoonlightSonata I'm with @UKGuy . The default forum (even if called general) is usually on-topic subjects. When it's time to split off, then the off-topic posts get separated into a misc forum section, keeping on-topic posts in the main primary section. Obviously, we all have a variety of interests, but this community is primarily for cuddling. You want it to be easy for people, newcomers especially, to come and find information about cuddling. That is why we are gathered together after all O:-)

@ubergigglefritz I think it might be helpful to have an off-topic discussion board to help organize things a little better.

But as I mentioned to Mark, if he makes an off-topic board I think he should have a description for general which says to keep the topics related to cuddling. And a description for off-topic which says that anything can be posted there/ casual conversation can be posted there.

I think this will help newcomers to the site to understand which topics can be posted in which board.

As of right now however, Mark has mentioned that general is just for any discussion to take place in. It makes sense. Most forum sites I have been on have had a general board set aside for any type of discussion. :)

• In the cuddle requests forum, It would be nice if more people would put the state in their title.

• @CeliaC no joke, lol. I don't know what people are thinking :-P

• How is there not an option when you report someone, for requesting activities which aren't allowed? "Other" should be for atypical reasons and it seems like this would be a good chunk of reports...

• [Deleted User]ShoShoZ (deleted user)

Those searching for pro cuddlers may want to also filter based on price range. They may want to omit cuddlers who exceed a maximum or those who don't show a price at all. Just some food for thought.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

@ShoShoZZ I agree, but Pro Cuddlers have varying prices based on certain things. For instance, an incall would be $80, but an outcall would be $100. I've seen sessions like 420 cuddles (which I'm not a fan of), dinner dates, massages, etc. with varying prices. But I still think they should implement a price filter based on the main price seen in the gray area below their Username.

• edited May 2018

There are really 0 local snugglers in sc that would be amazing to have someone near me!

• I wish that it just denoted whether or not someone is a paid or enthusiast, rather than an hourly rate - because seriously, the price can vary wildly.