Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• Is there a way to report someone without having to go to the profile page? There have been a number of people who have come back with new accounts after being banned who have harassed other people. If I see someone newly signed up or who needs to be reported, I don't want my name showing up on their visitor page. So far I've been pm'ing Reurbo.

• edited April 2018

I'm having an issue with the Cuddler search regarding the Man/Woman/Other choice since it was changed. I clicked on 'Other' as I was curious what was added but once I did that I could not stop men coming up in my search results, even after I clicked back on 'Women'. It seems like once you've clicked on 'Other', you can't make that choice go away until you click on 'Continue'.

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

Is there any way to implement an e-mail system to alert clients and remind them of their session for a pro cuddler?

• @GameStriker4481 it’s really up to the pro to check in with you confirming the appointment. Although there is nothing wrong with the client to do the same.

• edited April 2018

@UKGuy Yes, clicking 'Continue' is indeed required if you choose to remove the 'Other' option and de-select those subsequent genders.

I can see what you mean that this isn't ideal and has potential to confuse. I'll look into that.

• @GameStriker4481 - surely that's between the pro and his/her client to manage? This site may not even know a session has been arranged.

Oh and I was thinking. Is there away to filter the searches by distance? In other words, is there away to make your searches by distance and not last online?

• @GameStriker4481 I wouldn't do that until you can filter on last online. There are SO many inactive profiles... You'll end up going through tons of inactive profiles in order to find ones who might actually respond to you O:-) JMO

• @GameStriker4481 You've always been able to filter by both distance and last online in the same search. When you go to the Cuddlers section, there is a column on the left. Choose gender, then choose distance, anywhere from as small as 5 miles up to 300. Results are all automatically listed in order of last online. So a 300 mile radius gets you a longer list of possibles than a 25-mile radius, but either way the results show the most recently online first, within whatever distance you've set.

• @quietman775 I'm pretty sure he meant sort. Thus my response above O:-)

Yeah I meant sorting the results

• Oh, I get it. Never mind. LOL

• Not sure how difficult it would be, but it would be great to be able to use Markdown in messages and profiles in the same way as the forums (particularly for links).

• I switched phones and didn't realize I wasn't logged in on CC when I clicked on a link to the forum. So...

Why is the forum viewable to the public? I kind of get it. Like a Facebook group thats viewable to non-members, but you have to be a member to participate. I guess i was expecting it to be more like a Facebook group that you need to be a member to see posts.

• edited April 2018

One reason for this being a public forum is discoverability, as in each topic is indexed in Google. With each new discussion is new potential for someone to find exactly what they are looking for and decide to join this community.

Another reason is to reassure people who don't know whether to trust this website's intention. This community essentially proves we are here for the reasons we say we are.

• edited April 2018

@Mark - and on the flip side, topics like the recent one on nude cuddling might bring people here we would rather not be here.

• edited April 2018

We are an open forum that allows for mature discussion on topics related to cuddling. Nude cuddling might be banned here but it's a very common part of cuddling in general. It doesn't seem right to me to completely censor it as a discussion.

I might close the thread at some point though but don't intend to delete it. I'll also have a think about potentially blocking it from Google to address your point.

• [Deleted User]OzVisitor (deleted user)

A suggestion, albeit one which may be complex, is to allow people to have a home location and a current location rather than just a single location. That way people can indicate they are travelling while not looking quite so dodgy.

On the same token, it would also be nice to be able to search regions other than a radius from your specified location.

Thanks !

• @OzVisitor A secondary benefit would be to continue showing up in people searching where your home is (after all, you will be back), while also showing up in the temporary location. That would be great...

• edited April 2018

That's interesting. There was already a plan to allow Pros to cover two locations but might be able to evolve that into being a feature for everyone.

In regards to search, I might have misunderstood but you can search locations while having your home as something else.

• edited April 2018

About friend requests. On two occasions pros have sent me friend requests presumably based on the fact I browsed their profile. The only options are 'Confirm' or 'Deny', with no opportunity to attach a message. I usually only establish friends with members I have exchanged messages with or communicated with via the forums. So I'd like to be able to deny these friend requests, without giving offense, by attaching a short message. I don't think browsing someone's profile necessarily indicates an interest in becoming friends, but on the other hand I don't blame professionals for marketing themselves. Anyone else got any thoughts on this? Do pros take offense if someone denies a friend request?

• I just ignore any friend requests I don't want to accept yet. I'll usually message the person if we haven't talked yet and accept the request at a later time if I choose to.

• @UKGuy - I wouldn't take offense if someone denied or ignored a friend request I sent. I never send one until after I've messaged someone several times. We're a small community, and I don't want random people that I don't know on my friends list, unlike Facebook where it doesn't matter so much. When someone sends me a friend request and hasn't messaged me first, depending on what their profile looks like, I might send them a message and ask them why they sent me a friend request. If the result is a nice conversation, I'll then confirm the friend request.

• Lol, I'm the opposite. I am way more picky about my Facebook friends than on here.

Hey I've been thinking.
    Should Cuddle Comfort have its own Youtube channel & app?
    The Youtube channel can cover topics like etiquette, cuddle positions, and information about the cuddle community.
    The app can be an on-the-go alternative with access to Pros, forums, cuddle tips, etc.

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

One thing I think could improve this site would be to run a background check on all members. I had a background check on Rover and some other freelance sites I am on. I am glad that this is a requirement on the other freelance sites because it helps to weed out the creepers.

It is especially important on a site like this because I've already had some questionable requests from people and I haven't really been on the site long. I think having a background check would help to weed out a good deal of these unsavory individuals.

I don't know. It's just a thought that I had. It seems to be successful on other sites I am on so I thought I would mention it here.

• @MoonlightSonata They're already planning on adding some identity verification, like Airbnb does, so that would at least be an improvement.

@ubergigglefritz I am glad to hear this. I think it is a good step towards ensuring the safety of people who use the site. It can be tedious (I had to wait about a week to get verified on Rover, Uber Eats, and some other sites I am on, for example). However I can tell you that I feel a lot safer using those services because I know that the people on the site had to go through the same thing. All sites where you meet or interact with people should have this as a function. But this is just my opinion, of course. One of many thoughts on the subject.

I have a few other ideas that I thought I would list in this thread.

A Place To View Paid Fees: I noticed that there really isn't a place in your settings or anything where you can keep track of the fees you have paid. I think it would be nice to have a section where you can have a record on the site of the fees you have paid all in one place.

An Idea About Profile Photos: I think it might help to have a system where people's photos are hidden until someone joins the site. This would help to weed out a lot of the more unsavory individuals that come across it.

Maybe there could be a section on the profile you could check to 'opt-in' to having your pictures visible before someone joins the site.

These are just some ideas I had and I thought I would put out there.

• @MoonlightSonata - background checks on all members? That sounds like Big Brother and a privacy and legal nightmare. When it comes down to it, you are responsible for your own safety. Before meeting someone, find out about them, ask if they mind you running a background check on them if you feel it's necessary. Meet them in a public place. Make sure someone else knows where you are and who you are with.