Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• When I check messages, the icon showing the members pic is oval but when I check visitors, it’s round. I don’t remember it being oval before but just got a new phone. Is it this way for everyone or is it my new phone?

• It's like that for me. Strange

• edited March 2018

@ubergigglefritz - "I try to be friendly about it. I don't just send a message saying "when do you want to schedule?" Lol. But most people seem to appreciate someone else taking the first step, so I will continue to do what I'm doing :-)"

Same here. The vast majority of messages I send to people are well received, so I, too, will continue. I make a lot of friends on here that way.

• edited March 2018

@Morpheus Should be fine now. Thanks for letting me know. There's some optimisations and other code changes being done behind the scenes so there's increased chances of bugs over the coming weeks.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@Leeon ...Well, that would mean I wouldn't be here now, since I was inactive for a good long while until the site started picking up... and if things slow down again, it could get rid of me in future. I wouldn't like that, but I suppose I wouldn't call it a bad thing....

• Yes @Mark it’s back to round. Thanks.

• I don't think they should necessarily be removed, but inactive accounts should be grayed out in search results or have the ability to filter on last time they logged on.

• Hi Mark.

When I search for people using a different location than my home, it still shows their distance from my home rather than the location I searched from.

Is that deliberate?

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@ubergigglefritz That's a good idea.

• edited March 2018

@natural_oceans The distance on their profile is meant to be based on the location you have set for your profile. So yes,
    I believe it is working as intended. Perhaps it would be useful to have a new field called "Distance from search location" that displays to those with custom location searches. I'll note it down to be addressed in the future.

• Perhaps, or maybe an optional URL parameter on the profile page that gives the coordinates of the origin.

Note though that there's a potential privacy concern in "fixing" that. If someone's profile gives their location as "England, UK" for example, someone could determine the city/town by triangulating the distance from 3 or more known locations.

• Regarding distance, I think if you enter your zip code as your location, it will give you a more accurate distance than just the city.

• Others may have mention this in the past (sorry, can't go over 20+ pages of comments at the moment) but when I search cuddlers and then click on a specific profile, when I click back the order of the cuddlers gets messed up. Kind of like if it "skips" a page, showing cuddlers that haven't signed in a while. I'm using a Mac and Chrome.
    I second the idea of showing distance from search point when searching out of town cuddlers. It would be very useful to me, as I don't always know how close suburbs are to where I'm staying when I travel.
    Thanks

• @cranefritz that happens to me too. I have to re-click the search button to get things back in the correct order.

• I know this is super small but when I'm writing a post I wish it would just save the draft without the pop up "Draft saved at.." message. It annoys the heck out of me because the box is normally right where I'm typing.

• @Scarlette agreed. Or pop up at top of screen instead of bottom.

• Seeing our own profiles I would say removing the "message/favourite/etc" functions since they do nothing for our own profiles. :D

• @Lovelight , it is for me. I can't do any of that stuff when viewing my own profile. Is it because I'm a pro?

• If you look at your own profile, those functions are greyd out for everyone. I think that’s her point. They don’t do anything for yourself when viewing your own profile so why no just remove them. I can see her point but I also like to see my profile as others see it

• edited March 2018

@cranefritz I'll make sure to look into that. Thanks.

@Scarlette @ubergigglefritz I've now disabled the draft confirmation pop-up.

@Lovelight I'm reluctant to do that because even with them greyed out, people still email worrying there is a problem with their profile. If those buttons were removed completely, I would imagine it would cause more of that worry.

Other minor updates:

• Photo cropping finally works again. There's been a long standing bug with that.
    • Bug causing Facebook login to not restore a de-activated account is fixed.
    • Visitor will only appear once on visitors list (forgot to mention this update back in December).
    • The red notification for new messages now reflects the number of people who have contacted you, not messages.
    • Email notifications for new messages will now only send for the first unread message, not for each consecutive unread message from same user. This is to stop a flood of emails from an active conversation. But if it's been a couple of days then a new unread message from the same user will still trigger an email.
  • @Mark. Thank you!

• [Deleted User]Freethinker9179 (deleted user)

I wanted to suggest that since we have an ethnicity search filter. We should have an orientation & religion filter. As an asexual, it would be a great opportunity to get to know people with different views on things like religion and sexuality.

• edited March 2018

@Freethinker9179 I agree about orientation. I expect it to be included in the next site update coming this week or next.

• Thank you, @Mark!

• edited March 2018

I'd like to see the 'About Us' and 'How It Works' links which are buried at the bottom of the home page, in small gray text, moved to a more prominent place at the top of the home page or even in the main menu at the very top. There is nothing clearly visible on the home page to explain what this site is all about. I believe that omission is leading people to think this site is something other than it is.

• @UKGuy good point. I know when I first registered (as an enthusiast), I had no clue. I was really thrown what I started getting messages by men trying to "book" me, lol.

• [Deleted User]Cuddlebuddy143 (deleted user)

Can we have a filter to choose the preferences Host/Guest and Public, while searching for the cuddlers?

• edited March 2018

@UKGuy If you logout, those links do show proponently at the top. When logged in, screen real estate is limited and the links showing are based on what most people need at that point.

@raj143 It's planned.

• edited March 2018

It would be great to have a gender specific identification icon for members without photos. Currently, the same icon is used for both male and female members.