Suggestions and ways this website can be improved

Comments

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)
    edited April 2018

I've notice that there are a plethora of inactive profiles (both pro and non-pro). I don't mean that they were inactive for a couple of months. There are some that have been inactive for YEARS. For instance, one profile hasn't been active for 6 years. I feel there should be a notification for people who have been inactive for a decent period of time (ex. 2 years) checking if they still want to be on the site

• I think the profile should get grayed out in the search results even after six months maybe. If I can't filter on how recently they logged on, which would be even better. I would like a visual indicator in the search results as to this if I can't filter out profiles entirely...

• The most recent ones are always at the front of the cuddlers page. I just simply don't scroll beyond a certain point so that I don't see the ones who haven't been active for a while

• @pmvines There is no way to tell from the search page how far to look or where you're at in the timeline, without clicking on profiles here and there. It would be easier if there were a filter or some visual indicator. I only want to look at profiles to a certain point, so why should I have to guess where that point is?

• @ubergigglefritz You are correct. I just don't look beyond a certain amount of rows. I suppose in my case I have looked at that page enough times to know how far back to look. And it is usually the same ones who are popping up as having recently been on.

• One thing that bothers me is that the admins on the site can and have read my messages that I have sent to other members. I understand that there is a need for monitoring but it feels like an invasion or privacy. I am an extremely private person and in my opinion, a message I send is intended for that person and that person alone. I don’t want other people reading what I write to someone else. I May be saying something sweet or thoughtful that may be a part of my innermost thoughts and these thoughts should be shared with who I choose to share them with and not the eyes of anyone that has access to read these messages. I am not upset or trying to start any kind of drama so I hope no one take my comment that way. I just wish there was a way for the site to work without the potential of having our messages monitored.

@Morpheus I can totally understand your personal feelings about this, but I see it as a safety measure and a way to keep the site legit. Maybe with the consent with the member you can exchange numbers or e-mail or something and talk about it (idk if thats against the rules though)

• edited April 2018

@Morpheus - you bring up a sobering point. I guess the message feature on this site is meant to preserve anonymity until the parties are comfortable enough to communicate via other private means. It might be a good idea to display a disclaimer at the top of the message window saying something like "WARNING: All message content is subject to monitoring by the Admins". There should be some clear indication that the content of messages is not private.

• Having such an an indication that messages can be reviewed might make the bad apples think twice about sending inappropriate messages, which would slightly reduce the disgusting stuff that they ladies here have to put up with. I'm all for it. The more wholesome the community is, the easier it'll be to find a cuddle buddy.

• edited April 2018

While I know few and far between actually read through the Client Service Agreement (or the Pro Cuddler Contract) much less the Terms & Conditions for this or any site, the CSA does state in there several interesting things that can be done including the point of:

Also, when going to message any member listed as a Professional, every time they go to message them they have this on their screen before they even start typing:

Granted there's always room for improvement, but the information is there. I know Mark is working on some changes on that set up though for the better.

• edited April 2018

@Morpheus I think it's reasonable for clients to expect that their transactional messages might occasionally be read by staff. This would usually occur indirectly as a result of monitoring of Pro accounts.

If someone only chooses to use this website as an enthusiast then it's highly unlikely that any of their messages would be read unless they were directly involved in a report.

• Is there only monitoring to make sure pros are paying their fees? And you monitor everyone occasionally or just those who are suspect? It seems like there has to be a better way... :-/

• edited April 2018

Is there only monitoring to make sure pros are paying their fees?

That's the main reason. We are also on high alert for Pros of the wrong type since the recent site closures.

And you monitor everyone occasionally or just those who are suspect?

Only those who are suspect or get caught up in an investigation. There's no desire to look at the messages of the 100,000+ members here and neither would there be the resources. As a disclaimer to this comment, it is possible that in the future there could be non-human monitoring of messages to flag anything that might be suspicious.

• @quietman775 I totally agree with your post about why users don't have photos. And I respect the automomy and privacy

• If this has been addressed, forgive me. I searched but didn’t see. It would be nice to have a filter to separate host from guest/public. I know it’s in the profile. But I’d find it helpful as a search filter.

• I believe it's the last option in the search options...

• Professional cuddlers: don't mind, only show pros, hide pros.

So I was checking out the site a bit more, and I came across poster PDFs for the site. I know that these could be used to spread the word, but is there a way to redesign them and add more posters? I like the one with the bed, but I feel it needs a bit more. Then the one with the girl and strings looks creepy, weird, and wrong on so many levels.

Oh, I also wanted to know is there a way to have a filter for prices of Pro Cuddlers sessions? It would save people time who looking for a cuddle session within their budget. Just a thought.

• @GameStriker4481 - that might be difficult to implement because from what I've seen, it can vary depending on how many hours you want to hire them for.

• edited April 2018

@Mark About the unofficial "past user forum posts" feature ...

The link for the "More comments" button has an incorrect URL. Right now it says something like:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/respectful?page=p2

... which just shows the person's profile. It should be:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/profile/comments/respectful?page=p2

(which works as expected).

• Thanks, will refer to this when I get to checking over the feature properly.

• edited May 2018

Update

• New search filter: Last Online (temp disabled pending fix of bug mentioned below)
    • New search filter: Cuddle place (temp disabled pending fix)
    • Additional orientations added to profiles and search
    • Search remembers your position when clicking back*

*The main issue was search results constantly changing based on who was last online. So to resolve the appearance of randomised results when clicking back, the search now essentially captures the results while ignoring any change in last online until you manually do a new search, and in addition it remembers the section you scrolled down to. It's not perfect but should resolve the general problem.
  • Love the last online feature, but it doesn't seem to be working for me O:-) I want to view users online less than a week ago, but it filters out people who HAVE been online within the last week.

• edited May 2018

I've never heard of a last online function being used to limit results to people who have not been online for a period of time. It's intended to help people find more recently active users. I might have misunderstood you though.

• No. It is filtering out people who should be included, since they have been online in the time period specified. I do want to see everyone who has been online in the last week, and it is filtering out a lot more than that.

• edited May 2018

Oh wow, I see what you mean! I'm going to have to temporarily hide this. Thanks for letting me know.

• Maybe customize who can view your profile? Because I keep seeing concerns about people getting messages from people outside of their age comfort zone

• I don't care who sees my profile. Quite a few people have messaged me which I thought was wonderful because I never would have thought they'd be interested in me for one reason or another and would not have messaged them first. It's easy to say no, thank you. It's tough enough to connect with the right people, so I don't want to make it harder by creating artificial barriers.

edited May 2018

@Mark I tried out the new search filters and I found that you can't select multiple options at once. For instance, if I was searching for a cuddler that both Hosts and can do Public cuddles, I can only choose in the search filter one option at a time. Also some cuddlers don't show up on some searches as well even though they should. Ex. I know of a cuddler who can host, but they don't show up on the search results with the "Host" option. I double checked to make sure if the search filter had anything that would scramble the results. Other than that I think the new update is great.

Also, is there a way to rearrange cuddlers by distance instead of last online?

Thanks Mark for all the updates for this site