Who likes video games?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    Metal Gear is fun but I used to play a lot of Metal Slug 10.  Hand-drawn side-scrolling deliciousness!
  • Il look into that game! sounds pretty awesome! :D thanks for the recommendation @Mailleweaver :)
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    I actually must withdraw my support for PS4. Christ, that damn thing crashes on me of all the time. I'm taking it back in the morning and going back to PS3 for the time being. I have more than enough to keep me entertained there.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I like playing Little Big Planet with my cuddle buddy, and we also play Pokemon Go together - though not as much as we used to.
  • I tried Little Big Planet a couple years ago and hated it. Platformers and character creation are just not my thing.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I don't suppose any one has ever heard of 
      Pong
      Pacman
      Asteriods 
      ?
  • edited March 2017
    I used to play Pong when I was a kid. My mom used to take me to the university computer lab with her so she could do her homework, and I found one computer out there that had Pong on it, so I'd always hop on that one when it was available and use that to while away the time. The skating rink used to have a Pacman arcade box, but I never liked it or Asteroids.

The neighbor kid had an old Donkey Kong (rolling barrels at Mario) arcade game in his garage that I used to like to mess with. I never was very good at it, though, since the hitboxes around the barrels were so far from matching the graphics. 
  • Man, I'm feeling old. Only video games I have ever played happened at video arcades -- physical places you went to play pinball, skee ball, and video games like Centipede, Millipede, Pac Man and Galaga. A quarter per play. Score high and post your initials. Those days are long gone, and I never bothered with getting a Nintendo or any of those other gaming consoles. This whole thread has been Greek to me. But glad y'all have so much in common!
  • [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)
    Quietman hush we are not old. Lol asteroids is a great game.
  • There's still an arcade open around here. They don't charge per play like the old times, though. Instead, they charge per hour with a minimum entrance fee that gives you access to all of the machines. You just push a button on the machine when it asks for another coin.
  • I have been a gamer since my younger years, playing on an Atari, 286, and 486. Eventually moving to the SNES, and other more modern systems. I have jumped back and forth between PC and console, I don't see either one as lesser, simply different ways to play.

I have played on the SNES, N64, Wii, O Xbox, 360, and X1 when it comes to consoles. Well, as far as systems at home. Games have come a long way from the early years. I loved Jurassic Park, Mario, and Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. On the N64 I loved Smash Bros. Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye. Wii has mostly been Smash Bros, with a few active titles mixed in. Xbox has pretty much all been about HALO, with Just Cause 2 being the other notable title.

For PC, I have played many genres. Mostly favoring building, strategy, and first person games. Some of my favorites include Total Annihilation (RTS), Minecraft (Sandbox), Left 4 Dead (FPS), Space Engineers (Sandbox), and Just Cause 3 (Destructive Fun). :-)
  • Games, both old and new, we can agree all provide​ amazing comfort and fun. At least for me. I play pong here and there, some tetris, of course galaga and pacman. A gamer simply doesn't not play those at least once in their life time lol. Still would love to cuddle and play a good videogame. To me, videogames are amazing stress relievers
  • @ Rei
    I completely agree, video games can be great stress relief. Typically, I find that games like Just Cause are great for just letting loose. While games like Minecraft let me to be creative. :-)
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I remember a "joe torpedo"  video game on joe cartoon.com 
    that was fun 
  • Grand Theft Auto Online. Love playing in that sandbox