Tell us about your day . . .

Comments

• @JustPlaneCuddle I used the pre cured gels so it was cheating a bit.

• Day is bleh

• What was the best part of your day?

Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary! I'm in San Antonio, prepping for surgery on Monday and my husband is at home in Austin, working late hours. He called me on his lunch break to tell me happy anniversary and it made my whole day to hear his voice so happy even while having a hard work day.

What was the worst part of your day?
    An absolutely massive headache; I cannot take any NSAIDS until after surgery and the incessant Texas heat is causing me to have migraines. :'(

What could have made the worst part of your day better?
    Ugh, if the headache would go away.

• @JustPlaneCuddle Beautiful wedding pic! 💕

• [Deleted User]rightshoelace (deleted user)
    edited August 2023

@JustPlaneCuddle whoop whoop! Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. What a milestone. I’m with @CuddleHugs01234 , your wedding picture is stunning. And I couldn’t relate more, I light up when my friends send voice notes.

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing heatstroke induced headaches :( I hope you’re staying hydrated and have some electrolytes within reach.

• I spent 3 hours at a Plasma donation clinic filling out a lot of paperwork to become a donor, answering millions of questions but not one asked about Autoimmune diseases. Finally they said I was ready to donate after telling me about all the very worrisome risks including death. I mentioned having RA casually. Suddenly it was a Hard “No!”
    Well, so weird it wasn’t about asked since there are so many different ones!
    Anyway no donating for me but at least one more day to live!

Knocking out one of my tasks/goals for the year! I went through my filing case, page by page, shredding and recycling my way through tons of papers I no longer need to keep, and subcategorizing the rest. Feels great!

My friend being down about his past.

If he had been able to express his emotions and stay in the conversation.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @carrieanne I’m curious, if you’d be willing to share… you mentioned RA… do you know about AS as a sub-diagnosis to that? Seems few & far between who knows about RA, let alone AS.

• Dropped a driveshaft. Ended up on a wrecker hook.

Not my bills thankfully.

• edited September 2023

ʀᴇᴘʟɪᴇꜱ :
    @HumbleBaron, I hope the past few days have been better for you! I understand the bleh feeling all too well.

@CuddleHugs01234 & @rightshoelace, THANK YOU! I took that photo as one of our "engagement" photos that we planned on utilizing for save the date cards. We planned on having a large ceremony but the pandemic happened and life kind of turned upside down. We eloped and I had a fellow photographer take photos of us on the actual day but they have some not so fond memories attached due to family drama. Instead, I choose to display that photo because it feels . . . like us. Warm, silly, and happy in the middle of nature. We did not get to spend more than a couple hours of our anniversary together because I was prepping for a surgery and he was at work, but it was worth it. <3

@carrieanne, how weird! I wonder if it's a new state-wide thing? I have a friend in Austin that just experienced the same thing. I wonder if they are doing the same thing with all Auto Immune or illnesses that raise Sedimentation rates or C-reactive Protein levels because I have had some weird commentary while having blood draws recently.

@SunsetSnuggles, it's amazing when the smallest wins like filling can feel like such a release! Your friend has been on my mind. I hope he found solace.

@KYtransplant, OH NO! I'm so sorry!

• @carrieanne I know from talking to my sis that being a plasma donor is much needed. Thank you for trying! So sorry you have RA.

• Drove 12 hours today, camping trip to WV

• I wish I could go on this trip @waynewv, but that dang thing called work.

NC next for us thou!

• Found out I’m getting a rescue dog. I’m so happy.

• Visiting my home state, way cooler here then when I left Florida at 90 degrees
    These were taken on top of East River Mountain looking to the north near I-77 Bluefield , WV

• Congrats @Bear! 🐕 Just got my rescue's teeth cleaned for the first time; he's got pearly whites, now. 🤭

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Last full day of vacation at “home” (Brazil). 90F sand sunny, still “winter “ down here.
    I drove about an hour with my daughter to go zip lining, then grabbed a burger by the river for lunch. We drove back and now I’m waiting on her getting a manicure.
    Icing in the cake was knowing that I got an upgrade for the 10-hour flight to Chicago tomorrow, from São Paulo; nice!

• @waynewv, too cool! I grew up having a camper trailer on the Frio River in Texas. While we did not travel the trailer, it was a place of peace and our home away from home. Heck, I think we spent almost as much if not more of our time in the trailer than we did at home. A piece of me still lives there. My partner and I adopted a 1970's popup tent trailer and fully restored it. Her name is Little Green (because she is basically a little green box on wheels) and we plan to take her all over. It looks like that 12 hour trip was beyond worth it! Soak up the mountain air for us!

@Bear, Congratulations, Friend! I hope you will show us your new buddy!

@Maverick07, that sounds like a pretty wonderful day! Had you ever been zip lining before?

• @JustPlaneCuddle as soon as princess gets here. Thank you.

I have not been out of the house since getting back from the hospital. It's been a weird and rocky week. The surgery itself went great but the after effects of anesthesia left a bit to be desired. Mom took me out to get some food and sunshine. I ate more than I have in days, which is fantastic! I'm finally getting a little energy back and have spent most of the day awake. While we ate (in the car), my sister called and it was the first time I have heard her voice sound happy in a few weeks. It was a release. Then, we drove through the park. It was ridiculously hot but it was so wonderful to be outside for a little while.

I woke up having a nightmare about my father's being ill and passing; it was graphic and really upsetting.

I'm not sure. August 31st was his birthday. We just passed the one year anniversary and the one year birthday mark. It's a little heavy but I'm not sure I would change it. The sting means I was loved and have loved. It's a bit bittersweet.

• @Bear please post photo of your rescue dog once you have it. Would love to see it.

@JustPlaneCuddle Hugs about your dad!

• @CuddleHugs01234 I will here. I’ll probably start a new thread with her also.

• Worst part of my day was actually yesterday and I’ve been in a funk every since?! I found out that I didn’t pass my test that I took about a month ago…..and it kinda sucks!! However, I am gearing up and will be taking the test again in two months and I am already thinking about how I can study better and what to do differently….And it makes me feel a little better….I’ve been trying to convince myself that it’s not the end of the world. But it’s still frustrating but it’s also okay. I didn’t pass my driving test until the very last time and I’ve been driving ever since so I guess I’m not good with tests, I always beat myself up! And I know it’s not good but I know it’s going to be okay. I guess we live in a picture perfect world where there often seems to be no rooms for errors….and it’s unfortunate but I’m not perfect and that’s okay.

• edited September 2023

@MsCarissa23 The most successful people have failed the most time and time again, and there’s no greater teacher than failure, rooting for you!

• @JustPlaneCuddle I’ve zip lined a few times before, but this one I was a little less concerned about the rope/cable breaking up and enjoyed the wonderful view more.
    Re. The other questions you asked, I had (am having) a hard time to manage the generations of my family - my mother with advanced age and poor mobility, and my daughter entering puberty.
    I’m working on it, I suppose (especially with my patience) 😉

• @JustPlaneCuddle What a lovely prompt!

The best part of my day was spent with my big brother! We play-wrestled, laughing and tumbling around the room, and when he got tired he went from a (playful) strangle hold to just wrapping his arms around me in a firm embrace. My big brother's hugs are always my favorites!

Honestly, the worst thing the day could throw at me was that it was hot outside, but I don't mind that all too terribly hahaha. Life if full of wonderful things to share with wonderful people! 🌻

• @MsCarissa23 I have faith in you that you will pass your test. That’s good that you’re already looking at the positive sides and what you can do to make the best of it. If there’s anything I can do to help let me know.

• Replies :
    @MsCarissa23, I know exactly how you feel. I had an incredibly high GPA but would freak out when it came to tests. Oddly enough, I still have nightmares about it from time to time. I'm sorry you are going through this. Here to cheer you on! We believe in you! <3

@Maverick07, so jealous! I have always wanted to go zip lining! I'm glad you got to enjoy the view! I understand the struggles with advanced age and mobility. During work from home orders, my mom was knocked over in her driveway by a large mute and deaf husky. She tore the meniscus in both knees and it killed me to try to be in two places at once. Puberty . . . SUCKS. :#

@BoyoftheFlowers, thank you! Thank you for sharing about your day and your time with your brother! That sounds so lovely! Perfect day! =)

Today's Thoughts :
    What was the best part of your day?
    My post-op appointment went beautifully and I had my pain ball catheter removed. My surgery was incredibly successful and has been deemed 100% necessary. I'm grateful that I have found this doctor with extremely up-to-date knowledge in the field. I feel such a sense of relief regardless of the fact that my Endometriosis is not cured and will eventually rear its ugly head again. I have hope.

The past few days on messages and profile views on here have been . . . disheartening to say the least. I've run into some really bothersome issues with predators and people entirely lying about their identity. It's no surprise that cuddling might bring in some non-platonic behavior but I have been treated like I'm in the wrong for protecting myself and gaslit. That bothers me. Moreover, it makes me feel really unsafe when I'm told that I should lessen my requirements as it might not align with typical expectations and might discourage other clients. Asking for someone's name and address to be able to be verified by their state issued identification is not asking too far past someone's typical expectations. I do not ask any deeper than a massage therapist or any other form of therapist would. I asked questions of a specific user since nothing in the information they previously shared with me matched what they filled out on their new client entry form. I needed clarification to consider allowing this person in my home. The user was eventually banned but I cannot help feeling unsafe when told by other users, moderators, and cuddlers on other platforms that I should lower my expectations and ask less critical information. I did not know you could get less critical than the standard information presented on a state ID card. None of my regular clients have seemed to have an issue with my entry form nor my contracts. :/ I ultimately feel discouraged. I have genuinely tried to create a safe space for all and craft a gentle, soothing environment with everything from soft textures to comfort objects and STIM toys.

Truthfully speaking, feeling less preyed upon; it triggered some anger from some past traumatic events that I thought I was past. But, that's my own issue to deal with and not anyone else's responsibility. I'd like to be less gaslit, especially by men. As a woman entrepreneur, it irks me to a level that I cannot adequately express without shouting into the void.

• @JustPlaneCuddle Your requirements to keep you safe are great! Be encouraged. If they don’t want to give your the info for your safety, not a good fit, and good job at keep yourself as safe as possible! Hugs!

• @JustPlaneCuddle thank you for taking care of yourself. Don’t ever let anybody tell you different than what makes you feel comfortable.