Favorite board games?

I'm not a huge board game person, but I appreciate how it's a great pastime and want to get more into them. I really like chess (I'm going tooth and nail w @Sooson now) and scrabble, uno, apples to apple (I hear that's a poser game like cards agst humanity), Go, and blockus.

Comments

• I like Scrabble and the old school Monopoly

• I’m a checkers girl, my cousin is a wiz at chess. He plays against the computer and wins lol. But I’ve always loved checkers.

@Minestrone101 who’s winning?

• mONOPOLY
    cHeckers
    Backgammon
    CHESS
    ssCRABBLE

• I was most definitely a CandyLand girl and loved playing the “Sorry” game board growing up !!!

I enjoyed playing these board games as well, but not as much as I liked CandyLand 🍭😍🍬🥰🍫

Battleship
    Clue
    Trivial Pursuit
    Life
    And Monopoly

~ Happy Cuddling Everyone 🤗 ~

• @SouthernDoll Sorry and Battleship are classics

@PrettyLuv He took an early advantage , I countered his overreaching offensive , then I overreached for a quick checkmate and sacrificed both rooks, so we're gridlocked w both 3 moves from checkmate for the past 10-15 moves.

• Villanious.
    There's a Disney, Marvel and Star Wars versions.
    I have em all and love em all

• @Minestrone101 it sounds kinda exciting. Now I wish I could watch it live. Keep us posted on the final showdown lol.

• @PrettyLuv I think he takes this game unless I blunder. we both underestimated the other and paid for it. he's two moves from checkmate if he's smart and if he blunders I'm two moves from checkmate. I used a pressuring move to move my C knight , but he used that as an opportunity to check my queen. I had an opportunity to exchange my knight w his rook about 8 moves ago when I pinned it to the king, but I tried to set up the king queen fork with the knight and he activated the other rook from the back row.

It's like the movie rounders. @Sooson has alligator blood!

• @PrettyLuv almost gonna knock over my queen. lol

• Lol @Minestrone101 don’t do it, don’t do it lol

• The end is neareth. @PrettyLuv

• My favorites include Risk, Stratego, Splendor, and Munchkin if you count that as a boardgame.

• My favorite board game is currently Villainous. I love how everyone plays in their own realm and you can create chaos for other players to set them back. Triominos, Trash Pandas, Ouch, Cards Against Humanity, New Phone Who Dis, and Exploding Kittens are my other go to game picks for playing games.

• Chess really stretches your brain muscles. Easy game to learn how to play. Very difficult to master. The game has more move combinations than the number of atoms in the observable universe.

• My favs are Othello, Perfection, and Stay Alive. :)

• @Mike403 Love chess! but I also have to say Go has more squares and possibilities. They made a computer to beat the world champion in 1996 and only in the past 10 years did they make one to beat the go champion. I will say I'll never fully master either.

• @Tygus Risk is a classic. I'll look into the others.

@ShellyCuddles16 I've heard of exploding kittens. You sound like a hardcore gamer!

@CuddleHugs01234 I think think Othello has some relation to Go.

• Pictionary
    Monopoly
    Farkle
    Axis and Allies
    Cranium

It’s been awhile since I played anything. I miss board games.

• Villainous the ever changing Disney game. It’s so interesting and super fun. 🤗

• I loved this game called Payday as a child. Not ure how many people know of it.

Otherwise, Cluedo, Scrabble and Battleship are up there

• Snakes and ladders.
    Monopoly
    Scrabble though I always have to rehash my speech on why non English words should be permitted.

I'd like to learn how to play chess. Quite impressed by people who know how to.

• Omg @Minestrone101 I will play Blokus anytime, anywhere. It’s like Tetris in real life.

@Bear I wish you were around me when I bought Axis & Allies Zombie Edition. Man. Cool board but couldn’t figure that out for the life of me.

Bananagrams. Nemesis. Battleship. Monopoly but the Godzilla version. Bards Dispense Profanity…. I could go on but I think you get it. I’ll host a board game night any time ya’ll are near Philly!

• @compassionNcare I haven’t played in awhile. Yet it would be fun to relearn.

• @compassionNcare Sure! I love Blockus. I hadn't played in a while. I'm in Maryland , so not terribly far. If you host, I'll cook and bring food.

Sounds like a hoot. Cheers.

• @Minestrone101 and cook?!? 110%. I’ll make the dessert.

• @compassionNcare OMG. Don't tempt me with a good time. Let me know if it's okay to connect. Have a good one.

• @Minestrone101 sent you a message! 😊

• @compassionNcare ❤️❤️ Yeah. Im at work. Talk soon.