Weird topic, but thoughts on rollerskating?

The weathers finally getting nicer and its all I wanna do right now. Ive always wanted to be part of a little group of people that just meetup to skate. Im still in my "falling face first" stage but Im eager to learn 😭

Anybody else out there feel the same?

Β«1

Comments

• @Hollydollhugs loves it ! I have weak ass ankles and bad coordination so not for me

• I'm into it... The roller rink near me hasn't changed one tiny bit since I was a kid

• I bought a pair of roller blades not that long ago, to relive my childhood. I'm nervous about stopping, but I am glad I made the purchase!

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• I got that song 🎢 stuck in my head now lol. You gotta be a certain age to remember you needed a key to roller skate πŸ›Ό

• Not weird. Wear wrist guards ! Beware of hills. I had to dive in the street once when going downhill. good thing too - there was a car passing the intersection.

• but thoughts on rollerskating?

Ohh man, it was awesome when I was like 6 yrs old.πŸ˜„ I didn't weigh as much as do now, and my balance was rocksteady πŸ‘a-listeningπŸ‘‚ to my walkman🎧🎢, grooving and skating along to my Walkman jams. Lol!πŸ˜„ When Walkman was a thing. Yeah!😁

But now...😬Ehh, I'm likely to just fall on my face. Mmhmm, that's what will happen NOW if I go rollerskating now...Face Falling!πŸ˜ŒπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

No rollerskating for me now.😊

• @OhioMike , YES, that is the very 1st thing I thought of. I had to Google it so I could hear it again, lol I had a pair and remember carrying the key in my pocket.
    I never learned to turn very good so I always went straight a lot. As a teen the roller rink was the local hot spot.
    This post brought back a lot of good memories!!!!

• Love rollerskating.. still can't go backwards but im good at not falling and staying out the way. Can go around the rink a few times before my legs get tired. πŸ˜†

• Oh, I guess I should clarify that I'm only afraid of stopping out in the real world, haha. In a smooth roller rink, there's always the sides to bonk into safely. 🀣

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I think it's a weird thing to do.

Probably because i can't anymore and probably never did it well.

• I think roller skating is the most romantic date thing ever. Awkwardness, possible physical contact, a little danger... All the elements are there.

• @scramblin_man Aww!! So adorable. I actually went ice skating with my ex-boyfriend, once. He had been playing hockey his entire life, so he was incredible. I had only been on ice skates once, before. But I didn't fall and he held my hand except when I insisted he go show off for me. 🀭 It was a great date, indeed.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I love it! But I'm still trying to get over my fear of falling lol

• I've never been rollerskating, and when we had a grammar school field trip, I had just gotten over a broken ankle, and in freshman year I tore ligaments in the same ankle. So I've never tried.

• My thoughts on it: I was never good at it, and I don’t believe I was made to have wheels under my feet, skating or rollerblading or skateboards. I actually ice skate better than roller skate. So, it’s a nope for me too.

• edited March 5

You know, skating sounds like a good idea! I always loved going to the skating rink when I was a kid. It was rare occurrence, though -- just birthday parties, mostly. I grew up on a dirt road, so there was no point in having skates or skateboards at home. Now that I'm all grown up, I can drive to wherever, though. I should get some roller blades and have some fun. I wonder why I never thought of it myself.

• The wall is my friend.

• @Mailleweaver Same! It was a rare but treasured experience, going to Skate City. I had a blast taking my niece a few years ago, and was delighted to find out that they still had the 80's black and colorful carpet, still played "Downtown", etc. Wonderful! πŸ₯Ή

I'd totes go with you, if I lived nearby!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• yeah roller-skating back in my youth, we couldn't afford to go to the Rink so we would head over with our skates (and keys lol) to the school playground. After that got boring we made stuff up to do on skates.... like wear your skates on the swing set and launch off as far as you could go, go down the slide on skates, play basketball on skates, whip around the merry-go-round on skates, play 4 -square on skates, anything we could think of. Gawd, we were indestructible!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

• @SunsetSnuggles I just texted my little sister and asked if she'd like to get into it again. The Skate Place where we used to go as a kid moved across town a long time ago, so I'm sure it wouldn't be the same going to the new location. We might have fun going up and down the paved bike/walking trail that goes through town, though. She lives in a subdivision, now, so we could even just skate around her neighborhood.

I have a feeling that people are going to start getting back into a lot of the old real-world social activities as the internet apocalypse looms. A.I. bots are taking over digital space. Bowling is getting popular around here again, too. Hopefully it'll mean a family-friendly pool hall will open up around here again. I don't like the noise and smell of bars, so I've not been able to play pool since jr high school when the pool hall closed for lack of interest.

• @Mailleweaver Oh, legit! I remember playing pool at the YMCA with my brother, when I was a kid. They had a nice, quiet game room.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I just picked roller skating up for the first time since I was a kid. I love it!!!

If anyone in Nashville wants to help me start a group, hmu. I’ll also be traveling through OK and Dallas soon.

• It’s weird, I sucked at rollerskating but was decent at rollerblading. Now, I’d think I break my neck trying either lol

• Loved rollerblading back in the day!! Saved my skates and tried them on years later only for the wheels to disintegrate as I tried them out lol.

I hadn't skated in years when I went to a friend's kid's skating birthday party. Fell and messed up my knee pretty good. Decided no more of that without proper protective gear!! I would really love to do more rollerblading, though.

• One of the best fun loving, wind in the hair activity I can do, I keep my roller skates in my car for those scenic skates…. Absolutely love being able to cruise along the water and listen to my music. Change my mind in seconds flat.

So much fun! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

• edited March 6

Ok weird, because I've been fantasizing about bringing back my roller skating days! I loved it when I was a kid, decided I preferred skateboarding because it was punker lol, but I moved across the street from this magnificent beach front boardwalk, and there's these extremely happy looking roller fae girls who go up and down all day, listening to music, roller dancing, looking so free and giving 0 fs and I really want to join them!
    Very very scared of breaking my behind tho. 😠
    I need a pillow suit.

Here's a related weird topic
    Who has seen Xanadu? 🀣

• edited March 6

@BeteNoir I love, love, love skating!! I’d rather skate than walk. I go to the park, to the rinks, I want to join a skate group. I bought a pair of Moxi Lolly’s about 4 years ago.

• Best songs to skate to! 😍😍

• edited March 6

This is what goes on in the ATL area.

This link is to the DJ
    https://www.facebook.com/share/v/8X58kd3twBiSsT5C/?mibextid=WC7FNe