Solar eclipse April 8th , 2024

Comments

• edited March 28

Edit: Thanks for merging, mods!

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

Comment from 'Solar Eclipse cuddles' merged here

• @SeriousSnuggler
    Cool, I put it on my calendar so I can at least see the partial. I still have my glasses from the last one within the last 6 months or so.

• My boyfriend and I were flying from Wyoming to Nevada awhile back and I started wondering if there was a forest fire because the light was growing very dark orange.

We soon realized we were experiencing a partial eclipse...from the air! πŸ›© Such a cool and unique experience!! 😊

~ Sunset Snuggles

• While my area won't have totality, it will be fairly close. I took half a day off from work so I'll be getting off about an hour before it.

• I’m driving to Toledo with my camera gear and I’ll be at some park near the coast I guess

• STL isn't in the path of totality but is close. Wouldn't be a far drive. I considered making the drive to my hometown in rural Missouri because it is in the path and only a couple hours south west of my apt in STL....but then I realized I'll be back in Louisiana and I'm not driving to Texas πŸ˜‚

• . I do not recommend these πŸ˜†

• @OhioMike πŸ˜…

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I will be home just outside of Austin, the question is will I be awake? I honestly don't know, as I work overnights.

• edited April 2

I live on the edge of the path for total eclipse - the charts say we'll get about 90 seconds of totality. Which is 90 seconds more than I've ever seen before in my life. So I'm ecstatic. Taking the day off work and pulling my kid out of school so we can watch it together.

When I was in 3rd grade, I knew all the planets and their relative distances from Sol. By 5th grade, I knew all the (then known) moons of Jupiter. I love meteor showers, comets, and other celestial events, and it's a shame that our limited lifespans only allow us to see a few of these wondrous events.

I'll be sure to cover one eye so that I keep one for the Great Conjunction, like Mother Aughra did lol

• A hippy friend of mine just sent me an email noting that the eclipse will usher in the Age of Aquarius. I've been hearing that 5th Dimension song my entire life.

I don't keep up with this stuff. I have no idea if that's true or what that even means.

• edited April 4

This event is only a few days away now. Lots of excitement around these parts. One of my sons is flying out of Cincinnati @ 2 pm to LA and should have a great experience seeing from airport/ airplane etc.πŸ‘

• My partner and meta are taking a week long vacation to visit family in a state that is in the path, so I'll be home caring for all the fur babies πŸ˜‚ while they are scorching their retinas (with proper eye protection), I'll be watching digitally lol

• I'm right here in the line of totality just south of Indianapolis. Have a bunch of family coming into town. Hopefully the rain and clouds stay away!!

• I'll be at the eclipse festival outside Austin! Anyone else?

• Clouds and possible storms are forecasted for the central Texas area on Monday.

yippee.

• Ooooo looky looky! They got refrigerator magnets for sale πŸ€—

• ….and for all our Chuck Norris fans (which we have a lot of apparently πŸ˜‚)…

• Those magnets will be at least 50% off on Tuesday.

• Oh, Speaking of Tuesday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚β€¦

• I’m ready ☺️

• edited April 7

Me too πŸ‘. Hoping the clouds ⛅️ cooperate! !

• Somewhere in our solar system, there is a solar eclipse happening every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every year.

Perspective is everything.

• Alrighty πŸ‘. The day is here !!!! So exciting!!
    Now if we can just get the clouds ⛅️ to appreciate this moment πŸ˜†

• edited April 7

Total Eclipse

• Anyone in Atlanta, planning to watch the partial eclipse at Stone Mountain Park today?