Creeping thru Karma

Why is it necessary for people to see our profiles when we leave karma. Karma should be blind with name and picture only and not “clickable” and if a person wants to view us there should be something in the algorithm they at least need to leave us a message asking a NON CREEPY question about the provider or client. Every view thru karma I have ever had had been a dude silently REPEATEDLY trolling my profile like he is recon-ing for action. As a victim of male on male assault in my childhood this is a problematic issue. I have never seen a useful interaction with male / male contact with karma regarding a female client or provider. The perv in question is always trying to contact regarding something unsavory. In the few instances they did leave a message it was regarding CC boundaries and if the woman in question was “down to cross them” disgusting. Any recent flags or bans I have ever had on this site has been with crossing these duplicitous dunces and my calling them out pisses off the admins.

Comments

• Being able to vet karma is important for multiple reasons, not the least of which it allows mods and users to uncover rings of fake reviews.

Your profile is public on this site. It's not like social media where only friends can view it. People may view it for any number of reasons: curiosity, wanting to see who they're talking to on the forums, vetting karma you left, etc. If having your profile viewed bothers you, then this isn't a good platform for you.

You can always block individuals which keeps them from being able to view you.

• edited April 18

FWIW I just viewed your profile because you're not someone I've seen posting on here before . It's very rarely for any real reason worth worrying about when your profile is visited , probably not worth reading so much into it .

• edited April 18

@SpenserDwnSouth I’m terribly sorry you have experienced that trauma. I truly am, and can certainly understand why you might be very sensitive to that which you have experienced.

Having said that, not every male that reaches out to another male to inquire on someone else is necessarily creepy, pervy or has any nefarious agenda.

If you wanna avoid that might I suggest adding onto the end of your reviews something like: “My review is my review, please do not contact me to inquire further. Thank you”

Just a thought.

• I also think this site was created to be a community where communication is encouraged.

• edited April 18

Given what OP has expressed & shared in his initial post, this comment has been deemed inappropriate to say the least and has been removed. [Shake]

• @SpenserDwnSouth I believe what you're saying is you don't like it when other men see Karma you have written for women, visit your profile, and PM asking you about your experience with the women. If so, there's more discussion on that topic, here:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/19749/asking-for-details-on-a-karma-rating

Profiles and Karma are viewable to all site members (and all of the internet, unless you adjust that setting). The only way people cannot view them is if they are blocked, but in the scenario I believe you are concerned about, your female cuddlers would have to have blocked the person, before it would even matter if you blocked them.

You can block individuals from viewing your profile, but they can still see Karma you've written on anyone else's profile, as well as all of your message board posts.

Regarding "creepy questions", you should report anyone asking sexual things. You can help protect those girls by reporting any creepers who approach you.

You posted: "my calling them out pisses off the admins."

The mods here always encourage us to report when in doubt, obviously and especially if sexual safety is a concern. Are you saying you've experienced otherwise?

You posted: "Every view thru karma I have ever had..."

Unless every man who views your profile has messaged you inquiring about Karma, you actually have no way of knowing what led them to your profile. Men view other mens' profiles for many reasons...accidental click, looking for friends, don't know your gender until they click, as a non-creepy way of checking reviews of female cuddlers in their area, and yes, in a creepy way of trying to hit up other men to find out if those girls offer sexual crap. A male viewing your profile isn't necessarily a purposeful, or negative thing, but you will only know the cause and intent, if they PM you and outright tell you.

I don't think this pertains directly, but you may find this thread interesting, as well...

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/19500/all-karmas-are-5-stars

Lastly, I'm very sorry to read about your assault. Thank you for mentioning it, as it is so often only women that receive focus and support. 🫂

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• @Shake Totally my bad. I didn’t read all the way because it looked like another “Dudes are looking at my profile” thread. Yeah, should have read it all the way and didn’t. @SpenserDwnSouth i sincerely apologize. Oversight is not an excuse I know. I should not have been so hasty.

• @BoomerSpooner with any luck, hopefully I got to it before he saw it. I can't speak for OP, but you owned up to it & apologized, which is respectable in my book. Try not to beat yourself up too badly over it. 💜

• if a person wants to view us there should be something in the algorithm they at least need to leave us a message asking a NON CREEPY question about the provider or client.

You are asking a lot of an algorithm to expect it to differentiate between something as subjective as creepy vs non-creepy questions. Based on 2.5 years of reading these forums, I seriously doubt a panel of 9 CC members would unanimously agree whether a given question is creepy or not.

• @JohnR1972 ~ OMG, so true!!! 🤣

• OP deleted his account.