Favorite Tabletop/Video Games

Comments

• @pmvines who else would?

• Yay monopoly!

• I have always loved air hockey

• When I was a kid I liked to turn it on and lie down on it, loved how the air felt poking through all those tiny holes

• @JasonCuddles hahahaha

@pmvines I'm speechless ???

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

I have way too many favorite games to list in one place. lol I pretty much like any genre of game; fighting, RPG, MMORPG, racing, shooting, arcade, classic...I love it all. Some of the first games I played were Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Sonic, and many of the other classic games on Sega Genesis, Nintendo, and so on. Then I moved onto games like Spyro, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon, Fable, Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Soulcalibur, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, Crash Bandicoot, Okami, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney, Star Fox, Sly Cooper, Epic Mickey, Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros, Croc, Ratchet and Clank, Jax and Daxter, Super Mario 3D World, Katamari, Kirby, Castle of Illusion Staring Mickey Mouse, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Final Fantasy, Gex, Donkey Kong, Prince of Persia, God of War, The Sims, and a lot more I am not listing. :pensive:

I also like tabletop games like D&D, Vampire The Masquerade, Shadowrun, Pathfinder, Star Wars (tabletop version), Call of Cthulhu, Cyberpunk 2020, Dungeon World, and others.

• I haven't done a tabletop game in a long time, though I do still have some old Magic: The Gathering cards.

For video games, top two would be Starcraft (the entire series, including all three games of 2) and The Secret World/Secret World Legends (two games, same setting and story).

• Currently and insanely addicted to Stardew Valley (PC game).

@BrianL I love Magic The Gathering! It is a fun game. And I also like Starcraft.

@Sideon Stardew Valley is so much fun! I love that game as well. I also play Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. :)

• @MoonlightSonata It's been so long, I'm sure none of my Magic cards are tournament legal. Most are from around the time of Homelands or earlier, which is when I played regularly, usually in Sealed Deck Tournaments at the comic store that's no longer there. I did pick up some newer stuff later, but not like those older days.

• Anyone know of magic the gathering? Awesome card collectable card game that was invented in 1993. It has millions of players world wide and a awesome way to meet new people.

@BrianL I love the old cards! They were pretty awesome. They might not be up to tournament standard but they are still fun to play with. :)

@wittyheart I love Magic the Gathering! @BrianL and I have actually been discussing the game. :)

• @MoonlightSonata True. I still have a couple of decent decks put together.

@BrianL That's awesome! It will always be one of my favorite card games. Munchkin is another fun one too. :)

• [Deleted User]GameStriker4481 (deleted user)

My Personal favorite games of all time (no particular order, except the first one)
    1. The entire Metal Gear Series (The Kojima ones and Rising) - I love all these games equally
    2. All games made by Valve
    3. Doom (I, II, and 2016)
    4. Rainbow Six Siege
    5. Crash Bandicoot (Naughty Dog ones)
    6. Mortal Kombat (The first two arcade games, 9, and X)
    7. Deus Ex series
    8. BioShock series
    9. Mass Effect Trilogy
    10. System Shock series
    11. Star Wars KOTOR
    12. Mirror's Edge series
    13. COD's Modern Warfare Trilogy, World at War, and Black Ops
    14. The Last of Us
    15. Star Wars Battlefront II (The OG 2005 one)
    16. Resident Evils 0 - Code Veronica
    17. The Assassin's Creed Series
    18. inFamous series
    19. TRON: Evolution
    20. Killzone series

• [Deleted User]lilredmage (deleted user)

Anything from the Super Nintendo era. Also a fan of the Final Fantasy series.

• @pmvines I came on here to say “Cards Against Humanity”! Good choice! I also love “What Do You Meme” and “Organ Attack” (the heart and gallbladder are my favorites)

I know I’m dating myself here, but the first Resident Evil is my favorite! Followed by Pole Position, Pitfall, and Frogger. But also Final Fantasy VII and Limbo.

• @AliceLane Dating yourself lol, you will always be younger than me. And Pole Position is my jam I learned to drive for real from the hours spent playing that game at the local arcade !!

@GameStriker4481 I like all of those games too! I'm a big gamer in general. :)

@lilredmage Super Nintendo is a fun system. :)

@AliceLane I actually had a game collection for my PlayStation One that had Frogger, Pole Position, and many of the classic arcade style games on it.

The final fantasy games are pretty fun. Same with Legend of Zelda, Legend of Dragoon, and the Fable games.

• I know I'm late to this discussion, but I LOVE games, so I thought I'd chime in!

Video Games (in no particular order):

• Persona 5 (This is the last game I've played)
    • Suikkoden, Suikkoden II (Best game EVER), Suikkoden III (Yeah, the graphics were iffy, but the story was good.)
    • Mass Effect I, II, and III (I haven't played Andromeda yet as I'm a little scared to as Mass Effect is my favorite modern video game series and Andromeda has not received the best reviews...)
    • Final Fantasy VII (Yes, I've played a bunch more FF, but none of them were as good as VII IMNSHO. Also, if you love FF VII but never played Suikkoden I or II... well, you should!!)
    • Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition (Did not like DA II.)
    • Skyrim
    • Katamari Damacy and pretty much all of its sequels.
    • **Knights of the Old Republic **
    • X-wing, X-wing vs. Tie Fighter (I miss these games -- I want them to make more!)
    • Dance Dance Revolution (I also miss these games!)
    • Phoenix Wright (and sequels)
    • Pokemon (Started with Blue, have played most.)
    • *Mario Bros.** (Too many games to list.)
    • Burger Time (First game I loved as a kid. Played it on the Intellivision!)
    • Bioshock I and II (Couldn't get into III.)
    • Fallout and sequels.
    • Many MMORPGs and before that MUDs

I'm indubitably forgetting a bunch. May have to come back to edit.

Board Games and Card Games (also in no particular order):

-Twilight Imperium (A combination of Risk, Battleship, Catan... on steroids.)
    - Pandemic Cthulu Edition
    - Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition (An asymmetrical cooperative game. In 2nd edition, you use your phone or tablet as the antagonist rather than a player. Which is super cool as it's more random, more cooperative, there's cool music, sound effects, voices... but it's a board game.)
    - Carcassone
    - Anomia (Great ice breaker game or family game. Need very few instructions, but it's quite fun.)
    - Coup
    - Euchre (I live in Michigan. It's A THING.
    - Rummy
    - Cards Against Humanity (Although, honestly, I always end up throwing away a couple cards. I'm a sensitive flower and the rape, pedophile, and bestiality cards are just... too much for me.)

I have a lot more games, but these are the ones I have never grown bored of. (I get bored of Catan, Munchkin, the Oatmeal games... I'll play them with kids, but they just aren't complicated enough or are too straightforward.)

I also have a ton of Magic cards, but I don't really enjoy it anymore. I started playing with 3rd edition. I pick up cards every once in a while. When I do play I enjoy playing theme decks (my Squirrel deck is my favorite). I also sometimes will do drafts because I feel like it evens the playing field. (Though Im'ma be honest with you. I suck at drafts.)

Table Top? Yeah, that too. D&D (love the inclusivity of the 5th edition), most World of Darkness Games (I think the only one I haven't played is Wraith?), GURPS, Nobilis, 7th Sea, Exalted... others. Not currently in a gaming group. I wish I was.

Writing this post has gotten this song stuck in my head:

• My newest acquisition, which includes 30+ games...

• @Sideon JEALOUS. They sold out SO QUICKLY!!

• Thanks, @AndiCuddles. Now to score the SNES version ;)

• I recently rediscovered clash of clans lol im so invested in it now

• [Deleted User]choicesvital (deleted user)

PAST ADDICTION TO DOMINATION, GAME THAT WAS INSPIRED FROM AGES OF EMPIRE!