How did people pick their user names?

1235»

Comments

• @littermate
    I got that one, eventually, I first thought of a person who kindly picks up rubbish you drop

Might be a UK/USA thing, like a "vet" in the USA is a military veteran ; in the UK, it's a veterinary doctor. Confused me for years. I also thought a spin doctor was a disc jockey.

• A vet is a veterinarian here too. My brother is a vet.

• @geoff1000 hahaha, sometimes. I'm a mom after all.

• I got my name from Eliot’s “Burnt Norton”:

“Footfalls echo in the memory
    Down the passage which we did not take
    Towards the door we never opened
    Into the rose-garden.”

I can be quite reserved and have found myself lonely for that reason. But life is short and I don’t want to regret my path. So building up the courage to join this site feels like seizing the handle, opening the door...and hopefully, some thing of beauty awaits.

• Mine is from hippy parents and most likely a drug induced derivative of "obsidian."

• Wow, this was a bit of a necro post! But zombies are still crazy popular in culture, so why not?

I picked this name because nobody seemed to be using their real names (reasons) but I had planned to use my real picture anyway (transparency) and Story Doctor is what I do professionally... and it was shorter than using Ghostwriter_NovelAdapter_PlotholeFixer_DevelopmentalEditor_ClientWhisperer_Scriptwriter.

Viva La Necro!

• Mine matches my skin color— at least kind of. I had other names in mind, but they were already taken.

• It's my name and and orange.

• Some sites have a checkbox labelled "Remember Me". I was signing up for yet another account someplace that had one of those, and decided to use "dontremember" as a user name. I actually don't remember where I first used it, so that much works!! :)