Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• @OhioMike that you for showing interest in what I had to say. I appreciate that you were willing to engage in a way with me that shows me that my voice matters and gives me feedback. @ubergigglefritz i appreciate your response as well. You are keeping me accountable as far as an open mind and heart.

• edited December 2021

@the_benergy96 your in south jersey and you want to go to Las Vegas to gamble ?Why ?... Atlantic City is right close . And they’ll even give you ten bucks in quarters .

Do not play slots Or baccarat. ( baccarat is only for those who want to pretend they are 007 LOL). Small bets at the roulette table and pay attention to frequently winning numbers . That indicates an out of balance roulette wheel . Then increase your bets on those numbers .

Blackjack : learn to count cards . Sit in the third baseman’s seat and do not drink

Craps: practice at home with a pair of dice .
    DO NOT place any of the 30-1 one roll ( sucker) bets . On a come out roll if the point to repeat is 5,6,8, or nine place an odds bet behind your pass line bet . Don’t know ? Ask the dealer

Quit while your ahead .

• @cuddlerforu24 who said anything about gambling? And I’m in elkton. Not South Jersey.

• I dont like the idea that the cuddlers get paid for travel, but if we travel to them we get no discount? Why should you get paid for traveling like it is hard on you, but you are not going to allow travel expenses for us? I dont get paid travel to go to my job everyday. Plus I am not making 100 dollars an hour

• @mike1974 i get that someone doesn’t like travel expenses. The good news on this thread though is there are clients and pros above who actually will negotiate expenses when traveling. I think that’s great news ! Please check it out .

And not to derail this disparity in price thread , but just a shout out to all the pros on here …. Thank you for working. In this current economy where unemployment is so low (2.8%) where I live , it’s just nice to see people working and I am so happy for all your successes. Thank you Pros! 😊👍

• I dont like the idea that the cuddlers get paid for travel, but if we travel to them we get no discount? Why should you get paid for traveling like it is hard on you, but you are not going to allow travel expenses for us? I dont get paid travel to go to my job everyday. Plus I am not making 100 dollars an hour

Some do negotiate expenses. If someone travels to me from an hour+ distance, I do offer a discount. If I'm traveling an equally far distance I will ask for travel expenses. And yes traveling is hard on me during peak traffic hours + wear / tear on my car.
    If you're unable to negotiate with a certain pro move on to one who will.

• @mike1974 🤦‍♀️ @OhioMike 's response is much more positive. Mine was going to drill down to two points.

1. No one gets paid (or can take tax deductions) to go to their place of business. Anyone and everyone can (at a minimum) take tax deductions to travel places outside their standard place of business. Most service providers charge to travel when they don't typically travel, if the client has an option to come to their standard place of business, but would instead like the professional to come to them. That is an added service. In this case, a professional cuddler may offer sessions at their home at no added cost, but may offer as an added option to travel to you, which is above and beyond their standard service, and you would be charged accordingly. But I can understand wanting to save money. You should always have a choice though. Either you pay a lesser rate for the professional but have travel expenses (and time traveling) or you pay a higher rate and save time and money on traveling yourself.

2. Typically, the standard service is given at the rate advertised, whatever that standard service is. If it's standard to take place at the professional's home, it's likely to have added cost to travel to you. If it's standard to travel, they may offer a discount if you go to them. You can't have discounts in all different directions, or what is the point of advertising a price if there is no situation which it would be charged? Sounds like the US tax system, except their charging taxes in every direction as opposed to offering discounts in every direction. 😆 But as stated in my final statement on the last point, you effectively do get a discount for traveling, by not having to pay any additional fees. It's just that one is the advertised amount and the other is the exception. But regardless, if you travel you spend less, if they come to you, you spend more. 🤷‍♀️

• @Rezz proves @OhioMike 's point. 🤷‍♀️ Myself, I have my rate and already have way too many ways to get discounts or bonus time, lol. I don't wish to add more complexities. 😆 On the more positive spin, one reason I'm a stickler for my rate and my existing black and white discount rules, is that I treat everyone equally, make no judgment calls, and give no one special treatment. I think if I ever felt the need to entice more people to come to me, I would drop my rates entirely. As I pointed out, your listed rate has to be for SOMEthing, and for me that is for sessions in my home. 😇

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@mike1974 "I dont like the idea that the cuddlers get paid for travel, but if we travel to them we get no discount? Why should you get paid for traveling like it is hard on you, but you are not going to allow travel expenses for us?"

Because you're the one requesting the service. If you don't agree with a pro's business practices and policies, you can find someone in closer proximity to you.

• Not that we’re trained like Registered Massage Therapists, but I’ll use that as an example. If you drive to their establishment, you pay their normal rate. Most places will charge extra if they have to come to you. Period.

• edited December 2021

If I call a locksmith to my home, they charge a minimum travel fee before they do any work.

If I remove the lock from the door myself and take it to the locksmith, they only charge for the repair.

I’m a self-employed massage therapist. Mostly people would come to my office. On occasion I would travel to their home. I charge a travel fee because that is taking up time I could have seen someone in my office.

• @the_benergy96 ~ I don't understand... You get to travel, and get to see Pros while traveling, but you want them to give you a discount because you're traveling and they get to stay home?? Interesting...

Maybe you could play a mind game with yourself. Whether stated or not, add in to each pro's price tag an additional $50 per hour, per accommodation you wish they would consider. That way, when you get their session quote, it'll be way less than you thought it would be and will feel like you're getting a great deal!!

Win:Win!!

• I just saw a profile in which a female has posted a $222 per-hour rate. And thoughts on what's behind this? I wonder if she's testing the waters, just playing around, joking, or if she is actually getting business. That seems a little steep.

• Ask them. Don't troll.

• Some pros don't charge that much, for their own reasons, and others charge what the market will bear. If she doesn't get business at that number, odds are she will reduce it. I have seen prices in that range before, especially from people in major markets where everything is more expensive.

• No one here except her know their reasoning behind their rate. You can set your max rate to keep those out of your range from showing in the results when you search. Problem solved.
    /thread

• Cuddle professionals, like other professionals, set their own rates. All successful businesses experiment with pricing structures.

Cuddling is remarkable in that the range of prices is so small. In other words even the highest rates are astonishingly low.

To suggest that $222 is high for cuddling seems a little odd though. $200/£200 isn't that rare. The highest rate I've seen myself was, if I remember correctly, $4,500 for overnight. There is no shortage of people I would not cuddle for twice that amount.

Anecdotally, professionals who pitch their rates well above the median attract fewer clients, but the bookings have a longer average length.

• In my area I have Pros that charge up to $500, so it’s not uncommon to see those high rates. Those profiles don’t last very long though although I’ve seen a Pro in my area that charges $200, has been here for a while and actually has a few Karmas to her name so there are people willing to pay those prices and if that’s the case then more power to her is what I say. The market will bear what the market will bear and if a price is too high the market will correct it.

I was reading a couple of Reddit threads regarding cuddling and coincidentally high prices and a few people suggested that it was because more was being offered and even mentioned a cuddler by name that they had seen (not on this site) and that she was for sure offering more than cuddling.
    That same reasoning has been suggested here in the past but I would never know because I would never pay those prices for a cuddle session but like they say “to each their own” and if some cuddle Pros can get clients at that high point then like a said before, more power to them.

• "To suggest that $222 is high for cuddling seems a little odd though. $200/£200 isn't that rare. The highest rate I've seen myself was, if I remember correctly, $4,500 for overnight. There is no shortage of people I would not cuddle for twice that amount."
    It IS high if most people in my market area are charging $70 - $100. Also, I seriously doubt that plenty of people are willing to spend $9000 for an overnight.
    In this case, if she is able to get one 1.5 hour session, that is a lot better the multiple sessions she would have to have done to bring in the same $$$. But I would wonder what kind of client you would get in someone who is willing to pay that kind of money for a cuddling session.

• Everyone has their reasons for cuddling with a pro for a higher rate. If they have more disposable income and maybe the cuddler reminds them of someone they know or that cuddler is exactly whom fits their criteria. Of the client has no issues then cool. Everyone is happy.
    Though I did see someone charging 550 hr and the fort cuddle would have to be public. IMHO I feel why not a coffee meet-up at a smaller rate and if after the coffee you feel comfy then head back for a private cuddle. But that’s just me and everyone should have their own protocols that makes them feel safe.
    Cheers

• It IS high if most people in my market area are charging $70 - $100.

@661 no, it isn't. It's only double the average. There's almost nothing where the top price is only double the average. Take therapists for example, the range from bottom price to top price is at least a factor of 100.

Also, I seriously doubt that plenty of people are willing to spend $9000 for an overnight.

It's obviously not plenty, but then the professional concerned wasn't looking for plenty. In big cities there is no shortage of people with far more money than they know what to do with.

But I would wonder what kind of client you would get in someone who is willing to pay that kind of money for a cuddling session.

That's easy. Anybody who has sufficient disposable income, and understands what cuddling is.

Once you get above a minimum threshold, which varies by area, the proportion of undesirable or difficult clients is not correlated with rate.

• I have seen $180-$200 in my area, and I don't live in a wealthy region (I would expect high rates downstate, but not where I am). But if they are able to do business at that rate, more power to them.

• I do a great deal of freelance work (not cuddling, of course). The highest rates for what I do are charged by pros in major cities, especially NYC, SF, LA, Chicago, and Boston. They can get away with higher rates because their market makes it possible, whereas I can’t charge local clients that much because my market won’t. If these CC Pros are getting clients at those rates, why would they reduce them?

• Depends on the context. If someone has a ton of karma, has a specific location to host, and seems active in engaging people, they're probably just trying to make a living at something they've established themselves as being good at.

But I assume you're probably talking about the kind of profile that has zero or bad karma, no info on their profile and hasn't been on in months? They probably just set up a quick profile hoping to make a few bucks. That comes with the territory of a site that charges nothing to join where you can set your own price. The free market approach here will determine whether or not that is a good idea for them.

My only advice is don't give anyone that doesn't seem trustworthy a deposit if they ask for one.

• I need to marry whoever has the disposable income to pay for these pro cuddlers.

• @RaveHeart I’m right there with you 😂😂

• @simsaddict you know whoever is paying for pro cuddles also spends the extra $42.87 for food at the movie theater they arrived at by yacht.

• [Deleted User]LolaCats (deleted user)

Pro here! I can’t comment on why that pro wants to charge that much. It’s their business. But I charge lower than market price because if I’m being honest, when you charge higher, sometimes ppl expect more and will push boundaries even more. And I already have enough of that at $72/hr. But that particular pro has every right to charge anything they want.

• Crazy thought, but maybe ask her?

• See top of thread