Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• @BellaSera I’m in Arroyo Grande near San Luis Obispo. Fresno is much more inland.

• Damn, #beachlife must be expensive. You should go find some fish tacos and hit up @May4Cuddle and @kaylaa. Wishing you good luck and a great trip.

• [Deleted User]D1va1981 (deleted user)

I personally charge 80 an hour, and not able to host for safety of my children and now newly adopted child. But if need I will get a hotel room! Depending on if the person is respectful of my boundaries and we vibe well. I will do a free hour! Some do charge a lot, have me wondering if they are low key call girls.

• Let me set your mind at rest, @D1va1981, some - just some - of them are sex workers. The consensus on the forum is that we wish sex workers well, we just wish that they were well elsewhere.

• edited September 2021

It occurs to me that rates went up by 80 percent since 2018. Inflation and wages in other industries did not go up by anywhere close to that.
    But it reminds me of the pharmaceutical industry. They will raise their medication prices at much higher rates than inflation or wages. So I guess that's the same principal. I mean all the reasons I hear about why rates are higher is kind of hollow because cuddling in 2018 was not harder or involved more preparation than it did in late 2019 when the rates were already high before covid hit.

• The problem is we don't know how the total spend has changed. For example, if rates double but bookings halve, the total spend remains the same.

• It probably doesn’t help that some people when they first join the site and become a pro, they look at other pros and what they charge. If they see the majority of pros in their area charging more than a hundred, you can bet they are going to do that too.

• @Sheena123 basically says all there is to it. 🤷‍♀️ I don't really get it though. When I started, I made my rate lower than anyone else in my area, because I was new with no experience. Do people in today's day and age think that people just starting in an industry should make the same as those who have measurable experience? Apparently. 🤷‍♀️ People can charge whatever they want. Free country. I just find the whole phenomenon odd. But given the real reason (I'm telling you, in the industry outside cuddle comfort, of professionals with their own websites, businesses, etc, the rates are staying near the original $80-100 avg), prices will only continue to go up at a similar rate, maybe slow a little, hopefully, but will continue to climb, with random professionals staying near the original rates...

• What it comes down to is the clients on the site need to stop paying these inflated prices. If you all stopped paying these inflated prices, the rates would go down. I rarely even see pros anymore, it’s not worth it and you all need to open your eyes and quit being taken advantage of. When rates were $80 an hour, I would see pros all the time. Now when I look and see rates of $150, $160, $200 an hour, it makes me wonder, what are these pros doing for that amount of money. It’s absolutely insane. I’ll say it one more time and then I’ll leave it alone, the clients that are paying these prices are ruining it for everyone else and you all need to stop.

• @Morpheus what's stopping you from just getting more money?

• edited November 2021

@CuddleDuncan you seem to be assuming that @Morpheus can’t afford more expensive cuddle pros, but that’s not what he said; he said the higher rates weren’t worth it. That’s his estimation of value, not a claim of poverty. If I wanted to, I could buy an outfit from Neiman Marcus once in a while, but as a value proposition, it’s not worth it to me. That’s why I call it Needless Markup. (The assonance works because people pronounce Neiman “NEE-mən,” not “NEYE-mən” for whatever reason.) Point is, it’s not worth it to me when I can be just as happy with a stylish and economical outfit from Zara or H & M. Now, unless a cuddler who charges $160 is twice as good as one who charges $80, why would anyone want to pay double for the same value? (I was about to write “who in their right mind would pay…” but I’m trying to maintain respect for all pros and clients.) I think what @Morpheus is suggesting is that clients should not pay such high rates, not because they can’t afford it but because it’s a waste of money that helps to raise prices beyond the inherent value of the service.

Out of respect to extremely popular and experienced cuddle pros who are leaders in the field, I’m not going to say that no one should charge high rates, or that no client should pay them. Anyone can charge whatever they want and anyone can pay whatever they want. I just think any pro worth their salt should charge a rate commensurate with their qualifications, and any savvy consumer should spend their money wisely. That is all.

• Wow.i need to update what I say on this subject. Quite a few legitimate cuddlers have skyrocketed higher than me. 😆 I have actually recently dropped my rates here in central Virginia, but for the first time put them up $10/hr on this platform to help cover the fees. I'll probably re-implement my "bring a blanket" discount also, lol. I have always tried my best to balance between my value and also trying to stay affordable for as many people as possible. I doubt I'll ever raise my rates, but rather (if my time becomes more restrictively filled) go down to existing clients only or be very restrictive as to which new clients I take. 🤷‍♀️ $80-100/hr is plenty for me to receive and for people to pay...

• 🤔hmmm what a turn of events! The pros pricing maybe isn’t the issue anymore, it’s the clients willingness to pay or rather as some will tell us, clients willing to waste money on paying what’s seen as high prices. Very interesting.

• @Morpheus if you want a good deal on a cuddle session read this https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/10094/how-to-save-money-on-professional-cuddling#latest
    The sticker price is not everything.

• I recently saw a pro cuddler in my area charging $200 per hour and had 3 clients in a week. I am really astounded that clients are paying that much for cuddling. This isn't a complaint against pro cuddlers..just saying its shocking to me.

• edited November 2021

I am impressed that some professional cuddlers can have such pricing as is mentioned. Good for them. 👍 I am also impressed that clients can pay the amount. Good for them too .👍

(Today I am “shocked “ by labor shortages, Great Resignation movement , supply chain disruptions, inflation , etc. 😥)

Here we have an example of someone who seems like they have found some success in an occupation and clients who can match that success . Good for all of them 😊

I am Pro Professional Cuddlers and Clients and wish all of them….Success!

• I had a total of twenty-two session hours this week which included three four-hour sessions, an eight-hour session, and a two-hour session. Between the multi-hour discounts and the free bonus hour, I give out Monday-Thursday I made an average of $75 an hour. My advertised hourly rate is $150 but my clients are paying half of that per hour on average because of all the discounts. Don't overlook someone just because of their listed hourly rate.

• @xandriarain So true. My rates drop pretty steeply for longer sessions.

• So here’s a perspective that comes to mind. I get that pros get to choose their price. And some only host. Well those who only host, and if someone wants a session who is far away, if they ask to negotiate, it should ALWAYS be considered. That’s my 2 cents. Here’s why: I requested to cuddle a pro in Brooklyn NY. She stopped responding and updated her bio solely because I asked to negotiate. I have a legitimate reason though. To get to her, I would have to travel all the way up the NJ turnpike, end to end. Not only is that a lot of gas money, it’s almost $40 in tolls. And it’s 2 hours each way. The fact that she acted that way, even after explaining myself is unreasonable. Don’t get me wrong, I understand CC fees and income taxes are hefty. I get it! I pay them weekly. My net income is only 83% of what I make. And I’m not even full time. There are other reasons I don’t like pros like this, but this is one of the big ones. Bottom line, show your clients that you weren’t just into them for the money. Because they will recognize that very quickly. Much love to everyone in this thread and have a wonderful holiday.

• @the_benergy96 hey thanks for posting and happy holidays to you also. 😊

So , hey for clarification purposes, so if a pro is far away and let’s say I want to schedule a session, they should negotiate pricing based on that I’m far away and it’s going to cost me more to see them? 🤔

• @the_benergy96
    You sought out a cuddler who only hosts , lives 2 hours away and you want her to reduce her rates? Wouldn't it be easier to just find someone closer or who travels?

• I reduced my rates after changing from traveling TO people to having people travel to ME. Given the current trend of professionals charging really high amounts, I remain on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I offer discounts however I can and am comfortable doing so. At the moment, that is for sessions M-Th and for monthly memberships. It follows that I wouldn't be very receptive to people trying to negotiate any further. I am happy to be asked what discounts I offer and how to receive those, as that is a way to receive the information you're seeking while remaining respectful to me, but trying to explain why you shouldn't have to pay what the professional is asking doesn't come across quite as well... 🤷‍♀️

• @ubergigglefritz you are simply amazing 💛 You do such much to help the cuddle enthusiast here. Sincerely, thank you for all your efforts.

• edited December 2021

Unless a pro explicitly said they changed their bio in response to a specific individual conversation, I don't think one should assume that's the case. It's possible that someone else made a similar request. Even if it's true, so what? Perhaps it made the pro realize they wanted to clarify their policy so they would not have to go through that conversation again.

I can't imagine expecting someone to lower their rate for me just because I chose to make an appointment two hours away. I used to have clients who lived 1 1/2 - 2 hours away who came to me for massage. They never asked for a discount because of the distance. They wanted an appointment with me specifically because of my experience and expertise even though there were plenty of therapists closer to home. They would combine their trip with other activities like running errands or visiting friends.

There's always the option of hiring a pro closer to home.

• Hey guys, I’m not telling anyone what to do, I understand I can hire pros closer to home, I just have a desire to see other parts of this country. That’s where my negotiation idea comes in. It’ll be better for clients like myself who are looking to explore. I already did it once. To see a pro in North Carolina. I also am interested in trying pros in Texas or Las Vegas, NV. Also I don’t make a whole lot of money to see pros super frequently. That’s why I negotiate. Because I need my affection. On top of that there aren’t many enthusiasts near me. I hope this helps you guys get the bigger picture of why I say this.

• @the_benergy96 so is your negotiation idea working? A lot of us travel on here. Just curious 🧐

• @OhioMike I mean most of the time, it’s successful. I explain that I live off of part time employment and SSDI for now. I mean yes that will change eventually and my circumstances will change, but it’s just something I ask for as a temporary accommodation.

• Understand though i don’t exactly enjoy asking for these accommodations. But I need to for my current situation

• @the_benergy96 thank you for further explanation. I do appreciate that. And I’m glad we have pros here willing to help. 😊👍

• @OhioMike 😳 thanks! One day we will meet in person. 😇

@the_benergy96 understandable. It's all in how you phrase things. I also have discounts for multi-day successive sessions (or overnights) and have overnight accommodations, so people seeking travel and cuddles are a perfect fit for me, and I have offers accordingly. But understand there are many cuddlers who have no discounts for anyone in any circumstance, as well as professionals who are receptive and participate in any negotiations or offers given. How you ask may offend certain types of professionals, but may get you a good deal with others. I think it's possible to ask in a way that will get your answer, and possibly a good deal, with minimal risk of offense. Just be cognizant, aware, and respectful, and hopefully you can find what you seek. 😊