Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• I think some people have to calculate their rate if they decide to do this for a living because if they had a decent paying job before they became a cuddler they would have to have a certain amount an hour because that way if they cuddle for a couple hours they can still have the same living that they had when they were making money at another job. if they were making $50 an hour at another job and they decided to become a cuddler they would have to have at least $200 an hour for a two hour session to make what they were making before. If I give up a whole eight hours day of pay because someone wants to cuddle me for a couple hours in the middle of the day then I miss out on my eight hour shift I should have that made up with the two hours but my rates are only $90. So you’re really paying for someone’s time. I don’t know if that makes any sense but that’s how I see it. especially if the cost-of-living is high where they live.

• edited March 2022

@RaveHeart the yacht comment got me 🤣🤣🤣.

It’s all subjective though really ~ It’s all elective and there are as suggested above, filters too ensure the search results are aligned with the seeker’s ideals.

• If I’m shopping for something and it’s out of my price range, I just move on and keep looking until I find something more appropriate for me personally. What’s the point in whining about something that’s out of my reach?

• There's one charging $600 and she's still getting good karma. 🤷‍♂️ ( most i ever seen $2000 per hr)
    I always said pro cuddler have the right to charge what ever they want. If they want to charge a gazillion amount of money per hr. Thats their choice.

• To suggest that $222 is high for cuddling seems a little odd though.

I’m curious what the average rate is for pro cuddlers and how $222/hour compares to that.

• edited March 2022

Pros charge what they consider their time and services are worth. And if you (original poster) want to know the answers to those questions, ask her.

• Mention pro’s rates and all of a sudden everyone is an economist.

• edited March 2022

There is no way that anyone charging $200 or more an hour is participating in just a platonic cuddle session. The reason that we “whine” is because these pros who are charging that amount and who are likely breaking the rules, are causing prices to go up. This is bad for people like me who enjoy spending time with professional cuddlers and who are not looking for more than platonic cuddling. When prices were reasonable, I saw pros far more often. Now that prices are out of control, I see them far less. It is in my humble opinion, a shame that this site lets this happen. Any pro charging outrageous prices should be investigated. Bottom line though and let’s be honest, the more a pro charges, the higher the cut for the site so why would the site discourage increased prices.

Pros do not work for the site. They are completely independent and set their own prices. Cuddle Comfort does not control their prices. To claim that pros who set high prices must be engaging in non-platonic activities is a libelous insult to the pros who do not. You are free to express your opinions but please do not make libelous claims about any of our members. Thank you. [Babichev]

• @CuddleDuncan
    You may not know basic economic theory but let me help you.
    Just a few years ago a non discounted cuddling rate was $80 per hour. Now its $200. That's a markup of 150%. inflation only went up by maybe 20% in that time period.
    So I'm curious by what logic did you actually use to say that they aren't high? When something goes up more than 7 times the rate of inflation that is the very definition of high.

Now don't get me wrong, pro cuddlers can charge anything they like. But I couldn't ignore your statement when its so demonstrably false just using a simple calculation they teach us in middle school.

• By the way, note to the moderator I'm not complaining about the pros prices at all. I just object to someone suggesting that when the price of something goes up 7 times the rate of inflation its not "high". I mean how could it not be high? Its bad enough we have to deal with all the fake news in the world, but I would like us to at least be honest and call a spade a spade once and not censor such honest conversation.

• This really bothers me and honestly I don’t care if the owners or the mods of the site are mad at me for saying it. I understand that I have a duty as a proponent of the site as a long time member but the price gouging is ridiculous and something needs to be done about it. I don’t care what type of political answer you want to give me, deep down, you know that I’m right.

• This whole post is about encouraging resentment, suspicion, accusation (isn't that rich) feelings towards people that have something, that people want, but won't or can't afford.
    Life isn't fair. Life doesn't owe you anything. Stop trying to spread jealousy and puritanical suspicion, and hate.

• I'm poor. I've never been able to afford to hire a pro cuddler. You say their prices are going up? Their services are moving beyond the reach of not just me, but you too? Well, what do you know. Welcome to the lowly ranks of those who do enthusiast cuddles!

You know... the people the site was made for in the first place.

Maybe if this keeps up most users will be enthusiasts cuddling with enthusiasts again (with a tiny fraction of super rich folks and pros floating around somewhere, not bothering us).

• If it was that easy for enthusiasts to find other enthusiasts, I would think most people would be doing that already.
    As far as price gouging goes... it's a free market. No one is forcing anyone to use a particular cuddler. Find someone less expensive. I don't bash the pros charging a lot in my area, I just accept that I can't afford them and move on. I can't afford a Rolls Royce either, I don't go online and whine about the dealers.
    And TBH, blanket accusing anyone charging a high price with selling sex seems out of line unless you have actual evidence of that. Have you contacted a high-priced pro and had her/him do that?
    Maybe prices have gone up so much because after two years of a pandemic, people's stress levels are through the roof and the service is more in demand?

• @WriterGF My Rolls dealer is too sexy. (grin)
    I agree about the demand. Also, the more that cuddling becomes mainstream, the more "buyers" there will be. That will also drive prices up. It's still a speciality-market.

• @Gallowglass67 Also have to keep in mind that there will always be people who equate price with quality. If they see the same item at a high price and a low price, they assume the higher priced one must be better somehow. No reason to think that perception wouldn't exist for some people here as well.

• @WriterGF: Pardon my puzzlement. "If it was that easy," you say—if it was how easy? Where in my post did I mention or imply ease?

Obviously finding an enthusiast you click with isn't as easy as paying a pro to make everything feel comfy no matter what. But, um. That first one is still what the site was originally for. And if pros become unreachable by all but the super rich, why!

Here we would be doing what some of us have been doing all along: looking for other enthusiasts.

How horrible.

• Why do you care what other people are doing? You've clearly explained they belong to a different group than you belong. So why the tribalism? Why are you trying to rile-up your fellow group members against your perception of people outside your group? Why spend so much of your precious time on something you have no control over? If another person isn't part of your group, their business is none of yours.

• @Babichev

If I’m shopping for something and it’s out of my price range, I just move on and keep looking until I find something more appropriate for me personally. What’s the point in whining about something that’s out of my reach?

To the OP: you had no way of knowing that this is a topic that gets discussed every few weeks on this forum. There's some good advice here, like going to her with your questions about her business, or just looking elsewhere.

To long-time members: we all know this keeps coming up. We are all members of a community that thrives on acceptance. This includes acceptance of people who are new, and it includes acceptance of people who charge more than what we want to pay. It includes me, and it includes you.

Hugs, dammit.

• @JoyfulHeart ok. thanks. I get over-the-top sometimes. thanks.

• @DaringSprinter You're right, you never said easy ... or "better" for that matter. But the site did change from all enthusiast and there had to be reasons for that. Just seems to me all enthusiast would be more difficult and frustrating for a lot of people, plus no revenue would be coming in to maintain the site. I think CC would have some real challenges to face.

• @WriterGF: People do like easier. It makes sense that supply would rise to meet demand. But pros aren't necessary. Just convenient.

And who said the site would be all enthusiasts if pros provided cuddles only to a few super rich folks (for exorbitant rates) while the rest of us cuddled each other for free? That seems like an odd conclusion to me.

• @DaringSprinter I don't know. I have run across people on here who were going through a lot emotionally and really needed a cuddle now and so used a pro (and so far as I know, were not wealthy.) Just as not everyone can afford a pro, not everyone can afford months and months to build a connection with an enthusiast (if they can find one).

• edited March 2022

@WriterGF: And some people have neither time nor money to spend. I hear you—that's a rough position to be in, and it sucks that anyone is.

That is life, though. What's gained by complaining about it? Will it make enthusiasts feel immediately safe around others? Will it force pros to charge only what the poorest among us can afford (a sweet $20/hr for me, which I'm sure would totally cover any pro's costs)?

I don't know, it just seems pointless to me, complaining that you [general] are being reduced to using the site as it was initially meant to be used and is still used by many people.

It's a shame that that mode doesn't work for some people, yes. But....

• There are a lot of projections and assumptions and conjecture being thrown around here. As someone who charges above market average, I do so because I would rather have quality over quantity. A few cuddlers that I practice high discernment as this is an extremely intimate service (yes, PLATONIC CUDDLES ARE VERY INTIMATE) and that’s the value I place on my time and energy for the service. Many of us do not want to be accessible to the masses. Once again, to each their own. If you can’t afford to keep it pushing but the slander and lascivious assumptions are totally uncalled for

• @CurvyCuddly Well said.

@DaringSprinter I think we will just have to agree to disagree on the necessity vs. convenience debate.

• edited March 2022

@CuddleDuncan

It's only double the average. There's almost nothing where the top price is only double the average. Take therapists for example, the range from bottom price to top price is at least a factor of 100.

The difference is that in well-established and non-scammy markets it's generally clear that there's something distinguishing the lower priced items from the higher priced ones. I can generally look at a $40,000 car and a $80,000 car and know roughly why one is priced higher than the other. Generally a more expensive therapist has greater experience and a longer track record of success. than a cheaper one. And so on.

With cuddlers, I honestly have no idea what distinguishes a $200 cuddler from an $80 one. I can look at each of their profiles and be completely clueless as to what the $200 one is offering over the $80 one. In fact, in my experience, less expensive cuddlers are more likely to give a good experience.

Cuddling is remarkable in that the range of prices is so small.

This is easily explained. It's because there's a low ceiling for quality of experience above baseline. If I cuddle with a decent cuddler for $100... what could she possibly offer that would make that worth $500? It was already a good cuddle.

The low ceiling is also what causes the confusion about high prices seen in this thread. I’ve had great cuddles for $80/hour. I could afford a $200 cuddle if I wanted to do that, but I honestly don’t know why I would even want to do that.

In big cities there is no shortage of people with far more money than they know what to do with.

If there are so many people willing to pay $4500 for an overnight, why doesn't every pro charge that?

The same reason every shoe store doesn't sell shoes for $10,000. Because market economics are real, and there's actually hardly anyone who would pay that much for that product.

• [Deleted User]AZcuddle (deleted user)

Last year I blocked 2 pro cuddlers because of 4 factors:

(1) price was double the usual price,
    (2) they initiated contact,
    (3) lots of cleavage in their pics,
    (4) they wanted to cuddle that same day.

Most cuddlers are not available for same-day sessions. So a high price, plus 3 other factors, made it a red flag for me.

• There has been some mention about affordability. There is a difference between affordabllity, which is mostly objective, and worth which is subjective. Someone might be able to afford the current cuddling prices, even the higher end, but might not think the the prices are worth it. I'm in the latter category. I don't even think $100 an hour is worth it. But I started paying to cuddle back around 2013 and at this point am tired of paying to be with someone who would not give me the time of day if I wasn't paying her. After a while it bruises the soul.