Why is there such a disparity in price? (Price Mega Thread)

Comments

• All these clients paying 100/ hr are kind of the problem.
    They don't realize that when pro cuddling started, the only site I knew about had pro cuddlers earning 40 per hour after subtracting the site fees...but then I heard about this site and it was much better for the pros because they were earning closer to 80 per hour minus a percentage fee to the site. But then a few pros starting charged 100 per hour to test the waters and clients kept coming so the rest followed them....
    so don't blame pro cuddlers, blame the consumers who think 100 bucks for an hour of cuddling makes sense.

• “Inhumane.” Hahaha.

• "so don't blame pro cuddlers, blame the consumers who think 100 bucks for an hour of cuddling makes sense."

Although I do think $100/hr is a little much, there really aren't any alternatives, so I'm willing to pay it.

FWIW, I suspect that there is some degree of instability or other weirdness in the cuddle market. Since it's fairly new, since most people don't know about it, since there is some stigma around it, etc, I think the prices are probably artificially higher than what would otherwise be predicted by economic theory. I speculate that if some of those factors were removed, a lot more women would become pro cuddlers and prices would lower substantially.

• "Inhumane" 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And only men on cuddle sites are depressed 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

So many things wrong here and pros charging isn't one of them.

• To sum up your entire rant: I feel like crap because I can’t afford an $80 or $100 cuddle session so I feel you should lower it to $20 or $30 so I can feel validated.

• @Skywatch1000 so is hiring these pros for $80/hr compulsory?

• I see these kinds of posts occasionally. If you really don't like the rate, you don't have to cuddle with that woman. I see women who charge as little as $ 40.00 per hour to over 1.00.00 To me, I will pay a higher rate if the woman is pleasant, I cuddle well with her compatible and just generally like each other. . I also budget myself in order to pay a higher rate if I find a woman who I like who charges a bit more.

• [Deleted User]Wesk (deleted user)
    edited October 2019

Unfortunately, there are a lot of creeps out there both in the real world and on this site. Platonic Professional Cuddling is relatively a new industry. Professionals must do everything they can to keep themselves safe and weed out the trouble makers. Professional Cuddlers put a lot of time and energy into their craft. Cuddling with a stranger is far from easy.

• edited October 2019

If the average rate were 40 than some would still complain that it is not 20. Being angry because you cannot find a local person who will cuddle with you doesn't give you cause for vilifying paid cuddlers.. I sense a little bit of incel stuff going there.

• I look at it this way. The only reason someone would charge $100 an hour, or more in some cases; because I have seen people charging $120 an hour, is because someone at some point has paid them that amount. But we as the consumers for these pro cuddlers have the power in our hands to dictate price. If we all collectively stop paying $120 an hour, or $100 an hour, or $80 an hour; they would have no choice but to lower their rates. it's simple economics, supply and demand. If no one is buying your product, what do you do? You lower the price.
    When I first joined this site, not quite a year ago, the average cuddle was $60 an hour. It is now somewhere between 80 and $90 an hour. Why?

• LOL inhumane? I think 80-120 is the norm. However, I've seen many people charging $140 and over $200 for an hour. No, they aren't prostitutes either. While I think it's crazy to pay that much they can do what they want.

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)

Personally I think that’s too much for platonic cuddling. That type of price is typically charged when it involves more than platonic activities. There should be a cap on how much professional cuddlers charge. I think the site owner and moderators should enforce this.

• I kind of agree with you. On the other hand, it might help you sift between the legit cuddlers and those who want to extort you for more. Anyone who charges more than $120 an hour is almost certainly a "lady of the evening."

• [Deleted User]FutureCuddler (deleted user)

If the cuddler in question is popular enough then it makes sense that they need to raise their price to a level that keeps themselves from becoming too inundated with requests.

For example if a cuddler is charging $50 an hour and is getting swamped with requests then the quickest solution is to just raise their price in order to cut back on demand. Also their location may also be a factor...pros in major cities have higher living expenses and more competition then those in the suburbs.

Really there are many legitimate reasons to charge that much.

@StanW Sounds good.

edited October 2019

I think $120 is high enough. Even for the pros in big cities. This specific pro only has one picture and a short bio. She should at least have more written down and with more pics. It does not seem like she’s making an effort to sell herself for that high price.

• It's quite high, especially if you want to lay on the sofa with her head on your chest and watch a few movies with a nice fire in the fireplace. It adds up fast! Better to just get married. : D

• Didn't Beyoncé say something like that??? :|

This specific pro says that her price is justified because she’s younger and good looking.

• Then I'm sure she's worth it. She need not justify anything. We don't get to tell others what they are worth. It's a take it or leave it scenario, right? Unless they say "negotiable" lol

• [Deleted User]Stillworkin247 (deleted user)

$200?? Good lord that’s a lot of money. We know the direction that’s going in....

• I know a male who is charging $160 an hour on another site strictly for platonic, clothed cuddling. Some choose rates that are equivalent to massage or therapy because the benefits can be similar.

I have mixed feelings about it because charging higher amounts places a high value on the work (which is important). But there are some people who need this but can not afford it. I think charging less for these people makes the work more inclusive and accessible.

@Stillworkin247 Exactly! I know what you mean, haha.

• [Deleted User]SoulcuddlerZ (deleted user)

As of today, you can now exclude professional cuddlers from your search results if they are charging above a price of your choosing by using the Max Price option. Given that the standard cuddling rate is $80/hour, you will not be able to enter a lower amount than that for your maximum.

• I charge $120/hour and live in San Francisco.

$200/hr may possibly be more than cuddling.

• The website suggests a starting price. I think it’s too high. I only charge $60 and sometimes less, depending on the situation and personal vibes I get.
    For repeat and frequent customers I feel it’s fair to give discounts and more if they have to travel to me and are willing to do so on some sort of regular basis.

• I have so much to say in response to the recent comments here, but I am heading to Busch gardens for the day, haha. Stay tuned 😇

• Yep. That's where I'm at for the moment 😊

• The Peninsula is the area where I primarily grew up as a child with Williamsburg being the western portion of the area. I went to William and Mary as an undergraduate. Spent way too many days in the summer drinking at Oktoberfest and trying not to blow cookies on the Loch Ness.