Straight Men: If you couldn't find a female partner, would you be willing to cuddle with another man

Comments

• Hahahahahaha

• edited August 2019

@Navyman1010 very curious if that is a yes? I am a man of science after all. Of course, I am being facetious. Or maybe the things you hear about the military are true...

• All your gonna get is a "hahahahhaa"

• -dont judge me for not being woke-

• @Navyman1010 quite curious to me, but thank you for your honest answer.

• It's a fair question. I'm curious about how guys feel about it as well. I would definitely cuddle, but that's just me.

• I am open to platonic cuddling with women and men. Also open to many ages, races and nationalities, for cuddling too. Musts for me asked postive and accepting people!

• edited August 2019

To answer all of you

I like trans men who dress like women lol

This is who i would cuddle with

Once again

-dont hate or judge me for my opinion-

• @tomfunk Or how about this. How about navyman and everyone else just gets to make their decisions on a case by case basis? We call it freedom.

• Seems like there are a few hetero-phobic men in this thread trying to bully others into believing their narrow world view.

• Thats about right cross-dressing trans men, see im inclusion and im woke hehehhehe, you SJW's wont get me

• Fair answers. I agree that a bit of bullying to push people both ways happens on site. People will never all agree. It's okay, they don't have to. I can place 170 scientific studies in front of people proving hard facts and they will still argue. That's how humans are. We want what we want.

• @boomerang86 Agreed. Someone’s choice on who/why/what/where/when they cuddle is nobody else’s business and it shouldn’t be questioned either.

• Hermaphrodites have everyone on the fence picking splinters out of their butts. Bottom line (no gay pun intended): everyone has the right to do what they feel comfortable with and there is really no reason to split hairs over it. If the answer is no then great, if yes that is cool too. The world does not rotate the opposite way when you want it to so just do you...uh, that was not a masturbation pun.

• In the words of Frank Zappa, you are what you is

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)
    edited August 2019

No.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@RaindropSweetie: I haven't seen someone try to speak to a group of women who all look at the person strangely and then shut them out. I've seen men do it (mostly after church when everyone's chatting), but I guess I haven't spent enough time around the ladies. 'Course, I understand why the men do it. The newcomer was "off base"—which means they were saying something more than one inferential step away from what the group's used to. Do the women really do it for a different reason? They may label their reasons differently, but in the end it looks pretty dang similar to me.

And this "women listen to respond, for entertainment, or to get their turn to speak" thing—aren't those three of the four reasons why everyone listens (if they listen at all)?

[The fourth would be information. Any type: facts about a situation, a personality, a car, an emotion... whatever.]

If you were to ask me why I like a certain person's company, I'd probably list off a bunch of solid benefits to their company: thinks rationally, has interesting ideas/information, doesn't talk when they have nothing to say, sometimes buys me lunch, etc. Doesn't everyone choose companions based on who's available, gets on their nerves the least, and provides the best benefits? Doesn't seem like you'd need "an entirely different head space" just because you consider, e.g., a pleasant temperament that boosts the mood of those around a greater benefit than a capacity for sound reasoning.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Don't men also do that weird, self-degrading build-the-other-up dance? Not that they'd ever come out and say "you're better looking than me," but they do definitely laugh about how dumb and ugly they are. Even when they're actually quite clever and handsome. "I'm the ugliest!" "No, I'm the ugliest!" "I'm so dumb." "Yeah? Well, I'm dumber." And so on. It's just a thing most people do to avoid looking like an arrogant jerk.

I get that my brain is, according the experts, pretty much completely male. And I've definitely noticed the way people assume I'm a man based on the way I stand, sit, move, talk, etc. I defend my space in masculine ways. Based on your argument, sure—it certainly looks like I'm a man on a genetic level. Mental wiring, everything.

Yet I still don't feel male. I feel agender (on account of that's what I am). How do the experts explain that?

@Navyman1010: Dang. Who's that? If that's a man, he's a man who is super secure in his masculinity.

Of course, if his preferences are anything like yours, he probably doesn't want to cuddle men, either.

• @DarrenWalker The mental gymnastics you just went through to support a point you already decided must be true.... It's exactly something that I try to avoid. As I've said, there are some minor exceptions here and there, but all research supports differentiation between genders and sexes on every level.

Heart attacks are an example. Women have completely different symptoms from men, so we have been possibly missing the majority of heart attacks in women for decades.... That may be why we think women have less heart attacks when they really just experience them in a way specific to women. Men have very typical heart attack symptoms, so we catch most of them. This is one of many reasons why pretending there are no differences can be dangerous. The lists of differences go on and on.

How have you had your mental wiring tested exactly? It's not a standard or simple thing to test for and is usually done in studies. Gender differences in the brain happen for a variety of reasons. An example would be the mother ingesting something or having abnormal hormone levels during fetal development which lead to a difference in the baby's development at crucial points for gender controlling centers of the brain to form. Another example would be a gene modifier which alters how a gene is expressed.

Everyone does not choose companionship for the same reasons.

Men do not listen the same way women do. A man can sit by another man, and they can talk about absolutely nothing interesting without ever really listening to what the other is saying. They both know it's happening, and they are both okay with it. Women expect the other person to listen to everything. Men don't even have the same hearing as women. Higher voices are processed differently for men. I can tell a man that I wasn't really listening, and he'll be patient with it or pick on me a bit. If I say the same to a woman, I'm in trouble! Ha ha ha

When men are down on their selves in a friendly group it's in good fun. They also may happily insult each other with no issue. Walk up to a female friend and tell her jokingly how ugly she looks in her new clothes today, followed by a just kidding, and watch how badly that goes! Tell a guy he looks fat in his clothes, and he's cool with it. Tell a woman and you may have just started a melt down of epic proportions. Men don't run around building each other up like women do. They might say, "You're alright, man." It doesn't turn into a quilting circle worth of how pretty they each are vs what they wish they could fix with plastic surgery... I have never once in traveling this country and speaking to many men heard a single one do this. It almost always comes up with women! It's not a practice of the majority of men (in the U.S. or abroad) to self degrade to others in an attempt to make friends, although I have seen men do it to women as a flirting technique from men who genuinely think they are ugly and resort to humor.

Men generally discuss normal, everyday things in order to make friends. I'll go to a charity dinner, family dinner, dinner date, and the men will discuss careers, places, and women. Do they do it because society says they have to? In most cases they genuinely enjoy these discussions!

• While reading these posts I had a flashback from a scene in "Kindergarten Cop." It's when the cute little blond girl stands up and out of nowhere says "boys have p.... and girls have a v......" Lol.

For those on here who have children, at what age do they teach kids about genders these days? Also, what are they telling them? Actually, I don't even remember being taught that in school. Maybe it's best to avoid it.

• Children usually figure out gender while still toddlers.

@RaindropSweetie: I've got a chiropractic appointment to get to (followed by a part-time shift), but my response is something like half done—I should be able to get more words you don't want to read to you before midnight Mountain Time.

P.S. As a toddler I just sort of assumed gender wasn't a thing: only body shape. Didn't get gender roles at all. Figured it was some sort of weird game, like "only people with red hats can sit in the front pew."

• Im old school lol and no @DarrenWalker i will not be explaining to you what that means, i can already see it now lol you'll probably write two essays worth of material trying to understand what i meant by "old school"

Nah, @Navyman1010: I know what "old-school" means in this case. I'm familiar with the premise set that leads to "old-school" thinking.

• Lmao "old school" thinking

• @DarrenWalker Maybe that's because you're agender. It's probably similar to me not understanding most people are into the opposite sex for relationships until middle school because I'm bi. I just assumed everyone was interested in both. Most kids do understand gender in their toddler years though.

• [Deleted User]roamer1999 (deleted user)

Scientists have yet to discover the planet on which my answer would be "yes." Of course, everyone has the right to make their own decision.

• [Deleted User]MacaronCuddles (deleted user)

Isn’t there another question like this in the forum?

• @roamer1999 So the planet is there, they just haven't discovered it yet? : )

This discussion has been locked.