New cuddlers

124»

Comments

• @hugonehugall sure! As long as what we do while watching sports remains platonic, and it is clear no touchdowns will be scored off screen.

( Please feel free to checkout my profile and book through the proper channels)

• @saramajara Lol decent pun ... That also wasn't a booking attempt but certainly noted

• @Sheena123 @hugonehugall i reread that post but she was talking about charging for her business not for cuddles. I think she was comparing the similarities in what she does and pros....

• @hugonehugall I know you weren't actually trying to book :) just wanted to give anyone who was unclear, an example of how I handle potential clients ( and propositions )

• @BashfulLoner earlier in the conversation she said this:
    Hi! I’m new here and trying to find my footing. Can someone direct me to a quick resource for screenings?
    She was asking about screening potential clients. When I saw that, I was wary. Once I saw her other post talking about charging and how she needs to be mentally fit for her clients and needs time to clean her space, I put two and two together.

• @saramajara I appreciate your posts.

• My biggest concern is accepting my first booking. I'm afraid ill be regarded as a prostitute when i just want to help brighten another's day.
    How do I make sure things stay platonic?

• @AutumnRose - lots of past threads in the forum discuss this. I'm sure there are others in the pro discussions. <3

• Ok, so I’m DEEPLY irritated with the confusion and normally I would never create a second profile after being blocked but I really did just want to clarify. I (@tryalittle) am a chef and cooking teacher and all of the points I was discussing specifically refer to my experience as a cooking instructor (loads of prep. Loads of preparing the space. Loads of clean up. Even lots of mental and emotional centering so I can be an effective listener). I charge a lot as a COOKING TEACHER and NUTRITION CONSULTANT. I am NOT a sex worker. I am NOT a professional cuddler and had no intention of charging for cuddles (though I was interested in booking a cuddler for myself).
    I was asking for information about screening people meaning people who wanted to cuddle because I imagine there are safety protocols that would be helpful and important to know and as I am new here it seemed prudent to seek them out. I understand being protective of a community you care about and I can even see where the misunderstanding occurred but perhaps there could be a tad more investigation prior to the contempt?
    Thanks to the handful of people that were very helpful and informative. (Thanks for the chat @BashfulLoner!).

As you were.

• @ohdear
    I don't think anyone thought you were a sex worker.
    I have a healthy respect for them, but if someone says they are not, I'm happy to believe that.

As for being a pro cuddler, I think there are so few enthusiast females on the site, some people just got a bit trigger-happy. I'll leave them to reply for themselves.

• Sex work is hard. No one knows what it’s like being shuttled off from one set to the next and asked to remove my clothes in front of a crew of 20 then off to the next set. Then there are the autograph hounds who want me to sign their nether regions. After that there are the meetings with the ad agencies to endorse condoms and sex toys. I get stared at inappropriately at bathroom stalls. I am a sex hamster on a wheel. And CC is my platonic oasis.

Weep for me oh cuddlers, for there goes but for the grace of fortunate genetics you.

• @FunCartel
    I bet it is regularly a pain in the ass.

• Ye speculate incorrectly.

• edited February 2020

@saramajara @BashfulLoner sorry that I didn't make it clear, but yes, I was aware that both @saramajara and @tryalittle stated that they were not SW's.

@hugonehugall while one cannot be fully sure if it is not at least alluded to in conversation, I do notice the difference between profiles that emphasize "platonic cuddles only and I will kick you out/leave and keep your money if you try anything..." versus those that remain silent in that regard.

• @StoryDoctor1138 For a writer there seems to be a discrepancy of words in your post.

• @FunCartel You say "discrepancy" but you seem to mean "dearth."

• @calineur i was not wronged in this transaction, i was just addressing what i read. I wanted to have clarity

• @StoryDoctor1138 No I do not mean dearth. That would be boring. There is a discrepancy between what you say you are and what is put in practice. There is a discrepancy but I did not flesh out the thought completely because I posted in a sea of people on a downtown streetcar in ten seconds. I post everything off my phone not a computer so it is generally quick, off the top and not proofread.

• @tryalittle What you just went through highlights one of the biggest problems with this site. The Administration takes the position that you are guilty until proven innocent.

• edited February 2020

@FunCartel
    Was that streetcar named desire? 😄

• [Deleted User]tryalittle (deleted user)

@calineur I’d been here for a grand total of twelve hours and didn’t have any sense yet of how things are done. A sparsely populated profile can indicate all kinds of things but it might also just be a placeholder until one knows better what to cover.

I signed up because I’m touch deprived. I work for myself now which has dramatically reduced the number of people I encounter (I used to work where workplace hugs were extremely commonplace. It was a warm and nurturing environment and I had no problem getting my daily quota). I moved and don’t get to see my huggy friends as often. I’m fortunate to have wonderful, meaningful connections with a number of friends and right now the ones nearest by are staunchly no-touch people. My son (who was a huge cuddle bug) has rather abruptly stopped being so cuddly. It’s totally developmentally appropriate and I certainly don’t intend to saddle him with meeting my needs for physical contact. It’s getting to the point where I’m a little worried I may scare people off by lingering over a normal “what-a-great-class-here’s-your-coat-drive-safely” embrace or I might try spooning the ups man. Dire. I was crying the other day imagining someone platonically rubbing my back. And so I googled and found this place. In the first few hours I was busy trying to decode messages (“if someone’s opening message is about them liking my smile does that feel platonic.” “A winky kissy emoji seems odd here”), clearly needed some more information and hastily posted in a group called “new cuddlers.” I lasted less than 24 hours.

• @FunCartel

I post everything off my phone not a computer so it is generally quick, off the top and not proofread.

Sounds like you need a Story Doctor.

• [Deleted User]cml38 (deleted user)

I'm new here and trying to find a cuddle buddy

• Are we learning that people come in here thinking about doing something nefarious? I would wish they came in for a better reason.