Some dude keeps sending me right wing propoganda

edited July 2020 in General

@UKGuy keeps sending me anti BLM videos. I asked him to stop sending me private messages and that goes for other creepers too.
The last message video he sent was this:

He included the following message "Here's another video on the subject. Form you own opinion.
I have no opinion myself, I'm just passing along information that I think is of value.
You won't find this information in the main stream press."

I'll reply publicly and ask that the private messages stop.. that's a demand.. do not write to me privately.
@UKGuy I listened to this whole thing. I believe that you don't have an opinion.
Try.
One day you'll get one.
This video has no information. Anything that is informative which is factual is known to the people you are condeming. If you can point to the "information" I'd love to hear what information you think is in this video. What is the information and how would it inform your opinion if you had one. Remember, you must point to the facts in this video and it helps to cross reference with other facts you know in order to defend what your opinion would be if you had one.

Furthermore, you sent me another video to which I replied "So the funding goes to the salaries and consultant fees. What’s the problem? Don’t you think people should get paid for their labor? 
Or do you prefer they don’t do this work and become prison labor?" Instead of responding, you sent me another video. Are you able to answer a question that arose from your initial email. What is your response? I responded to you... do not reply privately, publicly only.

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited July 2020

Isn't it an opinion that the videos contain information of value? if someone claims to be neutral but only provides information from a single perspective then something tells me they aren't as neutral as they claim to be.

As for the message spam, that's pretty poor behaviour and not so nice on a site reliant on good communication and connections between people. That being said, it'd maybe have been better to approach a staff member about this rather than making it public just yet - maybe because who can say really, this isn't exactly a usual situation.

• Since this person made a previous forum post promoting a BLM website, I simply sent her a private message with a link to an alternative viewpoint. A viewpoint consisting solely of FACTS about the BLM organization's financing. I then later discovered another video which I thought she would appreciate more since it was given by a well-respected black female PhD. In no way were either of these videos 'right-wing propaganda'. They are simply alternative viewpoints which you will not hear from the mainstream press. I post the two links here for you form your own opinion (if you so desire). Sending private messages is now considered spam? If anything is poor form it is posting private messages publicly. She need not worry, she won't be receiving any more communications from me, nor will I be receiving any more from her.
    How Black Lives Matter is being funded:
    Black Lives Matter is a Marxist Movement:

@UKGuy if you kept messaging her with those videos despite her asking you to stop, and didn't even engage in conversation about it when she responded then yes that's spam. Posting those videos, regardless of how accurate they may or may not be, does nothing to make you look any better.

• Regardless of the content of the videos whether there's factual info or not if the receiving party ask not to messaged anymore that's where it ends. Those wishes .... right , wrong , or indifferent need to be respected. It doesn't mean send another video.

• [Deleted User]socalcuddler (deleted user)

ALL VIDEOS MATTER 🙂

• edited July 2020

@Zundar I'm more comfortable being public when I'm approached unwelcome by a white male conservative. Forgive me, maybe it's all the lynchings and other assaults on protestors, along with the disregard for state sanctioned violence that are making me feel like public is the best way forward. White men suggesting privacy is decorum haven't faced much red tape when checking all their decorum boxes. All my cards on the table, not trying to be diplomatic.
    And the person specifically said he had no opinion, that was in the message I quoted. That's why I made a big deal about the opinion thing.. so the idea that it was his opinion there was something of value is off point. Also, there was literally almost zero information in that really long video. One would have to really stretch to form a legitimate opinion on it anyway, so dolts tend to just throw things out and hide behind basically.. vapid propaganda.
    I can debate, but that's not much to go on and I think if he took himself to task he'd find that's true.

• So why wouldn't you block him? It would be nice to have a mute option.

• Bill O'Reilly = Metoo to the tune of about 50 million dollars in payouts. He was fired by Fox News over it.

All he does is gather information in support of his ultra conservative notions which, yes, is propaganda. His audience is conservative confirmation bias. He has no other perspective about anything, ever.

• edited July 2020

@davebutton, I block folks who break my personal boundaries. This is a racist; I want to see what he does. Blocking him just leaves him loose to be a creep everywhere else.

@PeopleLikeUs, yes. The biggest problem with the people who scarf down right wing propaganda is that it teaches them that "liberals" and "democrats" and "radicals" and "anarchists" can't think for themselves. It teaches them that they are getting secret privileged information that only "people who can think" are getting. It's backwards psychology. And it gets "the people" wrapped up in he said/ she said logic... because people who are establishing our ideology based on seeing problems with the status quo are calling others to question for their lack of thought. It's a perfect right winged tactic, because it invites everyone into a "Whose on First" slapstick show that gets us nowhere. So, we folks, the so-called unthinking liberals/democrats/or anarchists (or surprise.. others!) who want to change things can't bite on that loop, and then the eaters of the propaganda are left thinking that they are right because we are not arguing it (in favor of being productive). Tada!!!
    Well, time will tell. And in the meantime, thanks for all the people who are willing to point out right winged propaganda... especially if cis men show their thoughts on this, those type might be more likely to look at themselves.

@BooksnTeas I was wholeheartedly agreeing with you. The "isn't it an opinion that the video contains information of value" part was in reference to him saying "I'm just passing along information that I think is of value" while he was also claiming to have no opinion on the matter - I was directly responding to your quote. I also didn't suggest you shouldn't actually make this public - just that it would have maybe been a better idea to approach a member of staff about it first as in my book what he did consistutes harrasment - that and posting information about private messages can sometimes get you in hot water on here. Hence the "just yet" at the end of my statement. Not sure what my race has to do with anything with what you were insinuating there, but feel free to make whatever assumptions you want.

• Just like to point out.. i think UkGuy has a right to send her those views.. from what I see he didn't offend her in any way.. he's well within his rights to do so as she's herself promoting a cause on the site.. not saying 1 is right and the other wrong - but why is this considered harrassment today?
    She or anyone can't expect to talk about something in an open forum and not expect some kind of counter argument.. also to the OP; In today's world if you post or say anything outside of full fledged support of liberal policy, you are considered racist or hateful.. just maybe that's why he sent you something in private.
    You putting a normal video up here shows how difficult it is to communicate today.. just my views.
    Again.. I'm saying this since this is a py lic forum.
    Peace!

• If your views have solely a left or right wing they probably wont fly.

• @Zundar, oh! sorry!

@Calm_Tangerine, my views were not posted on the forum he referenced. I posted in "things to do" that people could make call ins on BLM requests. If the person responded to people who said "how about doing puzzles all day" by sending them oppositional conspiracy messages about how puzzles keep us in mental prisons, I would be less offended, but he decided to send me messages about how people who support BLM know nothing about the organization, and how organizers shouldn't get paid for their labor. Both of which are wholy untrue. We want Black organizers to get paid for their good work, and Black organizational consultants. Additionally, I know BLM organizers, have for many years, and if I didn't, I'd have sought that now and anyone can.. and he's just being fed an idea that I don't by a propaganda machine that wants him watching Fox news, supporting a white agenda that fosters corporate oversight, and wants his daughter to have babies with her body so it can put out more crap to put into more of their minds.
    It's harassment to send white wing propaganda and then not engage in conversation, but send more propaganda after I bothered to watch and try to have a legitimate discussion.. it's a tactic of right winged people to not follow through where it softens their message, and to stay hard on their point.. always redirecting from a back and forth dialog. That's harassing. Do you understand that? This is me engaging you and opening further into the dialog you started.

@snuggleme123, oh the diplomacy. If only moderation were keeping us in moderation.. good luck with that.

• edited July 2020

@BooksnTeas Just cuz it is difficult should I not strive for it? A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step at a time.. Hope your day is going well.

• I wouldn't respond to those sort of messages if I were you, either. He's making you do the work of arguing your position while he claims to have none of his own, only passing along endless videos. That's not someone disagreeing with you and having a discussion in good faith about it. He's either too lazy or too cowardly to argue his own point of view, so I'd say you shouldn't waste your time or mental energy responding to that type of interaction.

• @BooksnTeas .. thank you for engaging:) appreciate you really.
    So I honestly don't agree with the puzzle and BLM point you made.. don't think he did anything serious.. you are promoting something publicly and he sent you something.. in pvt but as long as not in a harassing way.. don't see the harm. You'd be fine with him.sending you the opposite view
    I think the point about BLM not getting paid is more to.. why not the money go to those affected rather than politics.. also there are so many people (who we don't see on the news) who are not supporting BLM because in Chicago and recently in St. Louis when innocent black lices are murdered.. there is no outcey.. point is it seems more political when such things are highlighted. Terry Crews pointed this very thing out recently

• All your points about right wing propaganda.. Fox news.. pro life (I assume from your rant about his daughter and her babies!..) is the reason we have so much division.. because they have opposing views does that make them less human than you.. whoever it may be.. people can make arguments against pro choice (without even bringing right wing / religion into it).. but its a person thing so let's not hate one another

• I just find it hard to understand how dropping a video or 2 is harassment.. it's not like it's his views.. it's public information.. acting like it's a small minority who thinks these things is not going to get us together
    Peace and love to you

• "Be reasonable, agree with me."

• A coworker often said, "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance". I think he was joking.

• “ Forgive me, maybe it's all the lynchings and other assaults on protestors, along with the disregard for state sanctioned violence that are making me feel like public is the best way forward. White men suggesting privacy is decorum haven't faced much red tape when checking all their decorum boxes. All my cards on the table, not trying to be diplomatic.”
    The word batshit crazy comes to mind reading your rant. Perhaps UKGUY should have sent you a link to qualified mental health experts in your area instead.

• There is so much published information, that selective extracts of it, can "prove" almost anything.

An alien who teleported into Fort Knox, would be sure that humans lived in houses made of gold bars.

• @snuggleme123, haha, no!! don't strive for moderation if you think the left is extreme, wake up!

@NewEverythingWD, thanks for noticing that!

@Calm_Tangerine, a couple folks have outlined, as I have, why it's harassing to send videos, and then not engage in worthwhile debate.

@DonovanRay, can you elaborate on the quip?

@eddie2sweaty, interesting point.. care to qualify with anything other than an insult? How bout a big giant point of information??

@geoff1000, who are you referring to? I hope not me.. I was trying to engage the original person in discussion. The reason I brought it here was because he replied to it with more shit he was fed on another video.

• @BooksnTeas
    I'm referring to anyone who claims that a lot of information suggesting something is true, means that it is. The Internet has so many millions of hours of video, that there are hundreds of hours which can be extracted to support any theory.

I'm also referring to people passing on information, knowing that someone down the line is likely to act on it ; be it 5G tower burning, or King Henry II saying of Thomas Becket, "Will no-one rid me of this troublesome priest".

• @geoff1000, ah!
    hmmm yes, the question around 5G should actually just be.. why are we not offering universal internet access before "upgrading?" Faster, for who???

• @BooksnTeas
    Agreed. Worldwide access to the knowledge-base of humankind, would potentially solve a lot of problems, but some of those in power are keen to restrict that.

I think 5G enables things such as automated vehicles, which isn't much help in areas where there are no vehicles. Those communities probably need reliable electricity and clean water first.

I'm happy enough with 3G, which can download a video faster than I can watch it. I suppose if "early adopters" want to pay for 5G, we should be happy to take their money.

• I still can't get my head around somebody sending out a video by defamed, alleged sexual predator Bill O'Reilly (As was his employer, Roger Ailes) as being just normal, everyday interaction, especially on a cuddle site. O'Reilly now broadcasts from his own website because no one would dare hire him, and Roger Ailes skated the whole thing by dying after he was forced into resignation over it. These were two of the most well-publicized stories of the Metoo movement and yet UKGuy still uses O'Reilly to speak on his behalf.