OG INPUT on Forum categories ๐Ÿ˜

edited October 2021 in General

There are so many snugglers who have been on the site for a REALLY long time. They are my most favorite OG cuddlers. They have seen people come and go. Not all are active posters on the threads for one reason or another. When I joined I LOVED reading through all of the discussions in order to try and get a look at this world of cuddling. I have only been here for a few years but I see some of the patterns that evolve.
I'm curious. If you could categorize the majority of forum posts (love or hate) what would they be?
CONSISTENTLY I have seen.....

BONER THREADS (of course)
Male to Female ratio threads
Pros overcharging
Enthusiasts not responding
SERIOUS Gender, Sexual preference threads
Insightful, reflective, intellectual, brainy threads
I'm new and don't understand threads
POSITIVE CUDDLE EXPERIENCES and KARMA
@respectful threads ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–
Is this for REAL??? threads
CUDDLE FICTION

and then my favorite.....
blah blah blah lets leave the OP alone and complain over here/OFF-TOPIC threads
music, food, travel, poetry/art threads
recent news (I AM NOT GOING TO SAY THE WORD WHICH SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN)
political ---sigh

What am I missing???

It really does seem to be an interesting cycle..... I have gotten to meet quite a few of you originals now and I'm so thankful that you have all stuck around a bit because it helps us newbies see a historical ebb and flow. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ยซ134

Comments

• Political
    Recent news
    The epic journey ๐Ÿ‘

• Don't forget the joke threads, what are you doing right now, positivity, favorite quotes, this is/isn't a dating site, pro cuddles soliciting in the general forum, why did someone block me, and the I'm leaving threads.

It is ebb and flow. People deactivate and take breaks. I have a few times the last several years. Overall, the TONE and content the past year seems/appears/feels more positive and communal, from my perspective. There are the occasional trolls... and there will always be, but trash usually takes itself out eventually.

@sillysassy - you and some others have created a positive space. You're one of the reasons I keep reading.

My two cents.

• Cooking and food
    Music

• edited October 2020

AWWWWWWWW @Sideon that means a lot coming from you my friend. :)

I forgot GENDER ISSUE THREADS!!!!! hahahhahaha oh man.... and yes Thank you @geoff1000 for those as well. Maybe we should make "the most memorable/fabulous in each category" sort of like โ€œgrand prize for boner threadsโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

hmmmmm thinking here..... canโ€™t wait to hear from the old timers ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’š

• edited October 2020

Favorites:
    Creative/Brain cuddle threads
    Cuddle success stories
    Ones that challenge my ideology or provide insight into other's & their life experiences
    Anything that gets a response from @DonLonG , @DarrenWalker @Sideon or @pmvines among others.

Dislikes:
    Starting of "ditto" threads ~ So there are multiples of the same things (usually gripes) stacked on the same page.

• @sillysassy thank you for this thread. I said a few years ago youโ€™re one of the reasons this site is great and youโ€™re a treasure! Thank you for being here in challenging times. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Awwwwww Mr. @OhioMike you make me BLUSH!!!! You are certainly what I would consider an OG. One of my most favorite ORIGINALS!!! You have seen a LOT of people come and go, threads that are extremely repetitive.... What's your top 5 favorites and dislikes?

• The threads are definitely become a regular thing of mine to check out. I enjoy reading peoples views and perspectives of different topics. Its quite exquisite to me to learn from others based on regularly asked topics or interest. I like meeting some of the OG's here. Ive come across some incredible friendships here from the forums๐Ÿ˜Š

• @quixotic_life
    Agreed.
    If someone walked into a party of multiple conversations, they would probably listen casually to a few, then listen carefully to one, and eventually choose the right moment to contribute. After a while, they might steer the conversation to a subject they want to talk about.

They wouldn't just shoulder their way into a group and say, "A funny thing happened to me today, let me tell all of you about it".

As a meeting-skills trainer once explained ; if everyone is talking, no-one is listening.

• Favorites:
    Quotes thread
    Travel threads
    Good memories and experiences threads
    Positive karma threads. Enjoy reading others karmas.
    Anything @respectful post as stats. Love that stuff. Thank you.

Dislikes:
    No one responds to my bare bones profile threads
    Canโ€™t find anyone threads
    Pros charge to much threads
    Why should I even have to pay a pro threads
    Men are the victims and are helpless threads

• Oh and I forgot another favorite thread ...anything @sillysassy posts. Yep Iโ€™m a suck up ! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• @OhioMike seems your dislike threads are numerous and often gain the most camaraderie. I guess misery really does love.company .....

Dislikes :
    Anything by, "I've created a new profile, so that I can post something unpleasant while keeping the reputation of my normal profile intact and not banned"

• @pmvines , youโ€™ve stated it best, some of us actually like it here and are having a wonderful time talking and sometimes meeting people from here. Itโ€™s not for everyone...I get that.

• @geoff1000 ...dang I forgot that thread๐Ÿ‘Œ Good one ๐Ÿ†

• edited October 2020

Awwwww You guys!!!! This is making my "stay at home instead of shenanigans" way more tolerable!!

I agree ladies..... It is really fun to look at what everyone has to say and then join a few interesting things here or there... I skulked around the forums for about a year before I even posted a COMMENT!!!!!! hahahahhaha seems like ages ago. Thank goodness for lovely souls on here with their gentle private messages and praise be to the truth teller Originals who tell it exactly the way it is. :)

@quietman775 added the "is this for real" threads. SOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!! Of course he is one of my fav's as well. AN OG ORIGINAL!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š

ANYTHING that @respectful posts..... Here Here!!!! Cheers to THAT Beautiful human

• Maybe some people should remember the adage, "It is better to travel hopefully, than to arrive" ; and as @AceCuddlerMike showed us, it doesn't matter if you end up back where you started, if you enjoyed the journey.

Most of the pros on the site are too far away, and I couldn't afford them for very long, but just knowing they are out there, is kinda nice. It's like a kid reading about the Ferraris and Lamborghinis that he'll never get to drive round the Nurburgring, but just enjoys that such things exist and such events happen.

I sometimes feel like the old and ill guy who hires PI Humphrey Bogart in "Key Largo" ( I think ). He offers Bogart a brandy and a cigar ; but doesn't himself drink or smoke, saying, "I now enjoy my vices second-hand".

• I have no idea what OG means. Online Goofball? Overlooked Gem? Original Gentleman?

• Zero Gravity.

• edited October 2020

Hahahahaha @UKGuy you are absolutely right!!!! I am maybe the original goofball but I meant it to stand for โ€œoriginal gangstaโ€ type. Like old timers of the cuddle comfort world. I wonder if itโ€™s because I have teenagers or because I grew up in the โ€œHOODโ€ hmmmm.... now I think I will have to urban dictionary this. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• edited October 2020

Thanks @sillysassy & @ohiomike!

There are also:

Fiction threads.
    Animal photo threads.
    Meta threads about other threads.
    In-the-wrong-forum threads.
    Hijacked threads.
    Vanishing threads that get deleted or turned into a ".".

Favourite: cuddling stories.
    Least favourite: fighting threads.

• Awwwww @respectful yes.... thank you for the extras.

Your answer was as I wouldโ€™ve imagined it to be.

I think Iโ€™ll start a thread about who is going to cross the lake with me to see MR. RESPECTFUL.

• @sillysassy Awesome post!๐Ÿ˜ŽI appreciate the โ€œSERIOUS Genderโ€ post shout out!!! Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ Your Awesome!

• There used to be a poetry thread that I really loved. It was this wild anthology of stuff that didn't go together, but did anyway, kind of like us ๐Ÿ˜‚
    It was a refreshing respite from typical online banter, and gave a nuanced glance into the posters thoughs and feelings, and had no way to devolve into bickering. Would love to see that one revived.

• @biancalovecraft
    Here's a poem for you.

"Fleas"
    Adam
    Had 'em

• AWwwwwww @biancalovecraft YOU'RE right!!!!! You have been here for a minute. I'm sure YOU have seen a lot of people come and go. Thank you for being a PRO from this CO enthusiast. ๐Ÿ˜Š

It was a refreshing respite from typical online banter

Those kinds of threads are lovely and somewhat hard to hijack!! (Even when people try!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜)

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

Thanks, @UKGuy . I was wondering too. Not a lot of gangstas out here in the Amish cornfields.

• edited October 2020

When I first heard the term "gangnam style" I thought it was referring to the red and white check of picnic cloths and summer dresses.

• You guys are so stinkin' cute!!! hahhahaha Yes. I know. Point taken. But THEY all know who they are!!! ORIGINALS!!! (of course that makes me think of a vampire series called "Originals" hahahahaha Maybe that is a thread idea!!!!

Oh @Sideon GOOD MORNING!!!!!!! :) Thanks for the poetry redirect.... Maybe I shall resurrect it..... In 4, 3, 2, ......