Guys, can we please stop sounding so sexist and entitled?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]emo_princess (deleted user)
    I think it's telling that people think it's worth their time to come on here and complain that nobody will talk to them on a cuddling website. It's a bunch of randoms on the internet, why does it mean so much to get a response?!! Who really cares if they don't respond? You don't know them, they don't know you, obviously your profile and message haven't interested them, so why get all upset about not getting a message back that says "no thank you"? Why not examine your profile and messages you're sending and ask yourself why people aren't responding to you?
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    edited August 2016
    @Dave086543 Most of our younger generations don't have any manners. They are rude, rebellious and feminists. Ask yourself why a cuddle movement exists now but didn't 50 years ago. Back in the day men weren't deprived of women affection.Yes, the cuddle business today caters to men. They are 99% of the clientele. That's why there are more female snuggler professionals than men. Thank you for your comment on this forum. Thank you for telling the truth. @Zionscalling You too man!
  • edited August 2016
    @emo_princess Yes, it's telling. Some folks have figured out that the only person that you cam change is yourself, others have a long way to go.
  • @Arielle Why did you say I: "referenced you posts?" This is the only time I referenced you in a post. Other than the time I asked if you passive-aggressivly told me to go see a psychologist since I was a tad angsty when I was younger... 
  • @emo_princess
    You say "randoms," some of us (like me) say "healer" and/or "potential friend." Your out look towards others could affect what you attract. 
  • @Zionscalling Perhaps your concerns could be resolved through direct messaging.
  • @docgatorb
    Well yes. But people get irrational and illogical through direct messages most of the time. Ends up being more about who can demean the other rather than coming to a conclusion and settling the differences. 

Plus, that would involve me going to her page and I'm kinda too unmotivated to do so. It's no big deal to me anyway. Haha. =]
  • @emo-princess
    I am not complaining about the number of positive responses. I never said I wasn't getting responses. My profile seems to be doing fine. What I said was that it is rude for people not to respond to another human being's communication. It is understandable that not everyone will agree to meet, but Just because you don't know someone else doesn't mean you shouldn't treat them with common courtesy. it is such a simple easy thing to do.

I'm guessing you said what you said to give a good example of what I was talking about. Thank you for your comment. It is enlightening and as I said before sad.

Recently a close friend of mines daughter was kidnapped and eventually found to be murdered. For three days we searched for her. People were helping that didn't know her or any of her family. They were there because human beings were in need of help. What if they had said "Who really cares .......? You don't know them, they don't know you...."

So is it ok to go to the next step? Is it ok for me to bully someone because "who cares I don't know them and they don't know me" ? They shouldn't take it personally.   Where does it stop?! It goes back to our core values or lack of them.

SnuggleSymmetry made a good observation - people now are more rude and rebellious. Why is that acceptable?

It appears to be all about me, screw you.

@Dave086543 I dare say there is a big difference between helping to search for a missing child where a life may be at stake and simply not responding to a message on a cuddling website. Not exactly a comparable analogy.

I'll just leave this here http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/falsean.htm

Is it ok to bully someone? Asking "is it ok..." is an imprecise question - is it ok to whom? This is a question about personal values, so I'll leave you to decide if you think it is ok or not.

"...good observation - people now are more rude and rebellious." Do you have an empirical basis for this assertion? And is rebelliousness always such a bad thing? Isn't your post trying to incite rebellion against the perceived rudeness in society to which you are objecting?

@zionscalling I am quite content with what I am and am not attracting

• @emo_princess

What he's saying is that human decency starts somewhere. Like, yes, it's a small start but you can literally make someones day just by responding. I don't know about you, but even though I try my best to keep people distant, I still enjoy making strangers smile and laugh. That can go a long way and in return could make you happier. 

On the flip side, it sucks when you just get ignored. Words can hurt, but the lack of words in a way can potentially hurt more. I use to hurt people by not communicating with them and I didn't quite get it until I got a tiny bit older. I remember a while ago on some thread (don't remember if it was recent or a long time ago) I remember you saying some variant of: "I owe nothing to anyone." And you're entitled to your opinion and you are actually 100% correct in that statement, but literally this world as a whole is hurting more than ever right now, we really don't need the basic conduct of the world in this site really. So I'm more just asking you to change your opinion and conduct. Of course you don't have to, and hell, you'll probably get the urge to block me, But at least entertain the thought. Please. 
  • @emo-princess
    You asked a valid question "Do you have an empirical basis for this assertion"

Yes - this is an article in the USA Today on the subject  http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-10-14-rude-amercians-poll_x.htm

An excerpt from the article:
    "A slippage in manners is obvious to many Americans. Nearly 70%
    questioned in an Associated Press-Ipsos poll said people are ruder than
    they were 20 or 30 years ago. The trend is noticed in large and small
    places alike, although more urban people report bad manners, 74%, then
    do people in rural areas, 67%."

Concerning the bullying - Yes I agree it is a question about personal values. That is precisely my point! The problem is our personal values are diminishing. I'm surprised that your answer wasn't a resounding "No it is not ok!!" rather then making a statement that it is an imprecise question. Huh?! Sorry you lost me there.

Your other comments would take too much space here to explain. It is obvious you have your mind made up so we will have to agree to disagree and go on.

I apologize to the other members for continuing this conversation, this long.

Lets get back to what the site was meant for - Caring - Compassion - and Cuddling :-)

@dave086543 Oh, a news poll, how very scientific.

Also you don't need to put words in my mouth about personal values or having my mind made up, I never said anything of the sort. I said precisely nothing about my personal values, so you have no basis for trying to establish this dichotomy of anyone who isn't explicitly for you must be against you.

You want to know what I honestly think? I think that whether or not you get a response to an online message is worth precisely none of my time to think about. I honestly don't care, nor do I even stop and think about how many messages I have sent that must have gone unanswered, or how many acquaintances I have struck up online that have gone nowhere or not lived up to my hopes and expectations. These things don't matter, because it's the people who have responded to me, and the cuddle buddies I have met and have established beautiful and enduring friendships with that are worthy of my time and energy. All the unanswered messages just serve to help me appreciate these people even more, and these are the people who make every single one of my unanswered messages worth sending.