Snuggle Buddies review: The WORST cuddle company

Comments

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    @mellow I should have added that I don't blame her completely. The article made mention of her trying to stress its platonic nature to him. I'm not sure how I would react in the presence of a celebrity, either. Being starstruck is a legitimate thing.
  • I tried to work for this Snuggle Buddies. They accepted my application and sent me the manual and training video and they texted me that they'd post my page on the website within the next 3 days. Long story short, they didn't -_- just plain rude and disrespectful to not communicate with people.
  • [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)
    edited June 2017
    I thought that TSB would want as many women to work for them as they can.  
    edited June 2017
    @glitterfairy22 Best to consider yourself very fortunate. You don't need them and would likely have never seen a dime anyway. Welcome here, though. We are glad to have you and you will be paying a far smaller cut to site management here than there.

Aaaand now he's running for Congress in Ohio. So I guess the New Jersey address is a front, as I suspected. I wasn't sure it was him until I saw the "background" section that mentioned founding a therapeutic touch business in 2013. This just gets more and more bizarre.

http://evancarp.com/

• Wow. He refers to himself in the third person and his goals are outright delusional.

• The small business utilizes therapeutic touch, which is one of the very few treatments that will cure PTSD that many army veterans suffer from.

I hope this man ends up in prison for taking advantage of army veterans. What a disgusting waste of carbon.

• @sometimes, You don't think those are modest, attainable goals? LOL I've actually never seen a campaign website that lacked a photo of the candidate before. Maybe he's the vanguard of a trend. ;-) If he's ever taken even a little bit seriously by his opponents and/or the press, they'll start digging into TSB. Once they hear from some former employees, the resulting publicity might not be pretty. @Buffyswan, what say you?
    edited August 2017

@quietman775 I thought the same thing. If he even gains a little bit of a following, he won't be able to keep his transgressions private. Ditto with not having a photo of himself. Delusions of grandeur might be putting it mildly with this guy.

• edited August 2017

@VIPirate omg! I was laughing at him running for office, but then again, that's scary. People like him don't need to be in power. He does have a photo of himself here: https://mic.com/articles/126926/i-went-under-the-sheets-of-new-york-s-pro-cuddling-industry-here-s-what-i-found

I can't believe that TSB is still in business. If you google his name and Snuggle Buddies, all that comes up are negative things about him which are true. I have posted here and on various websites about my horrible experience working with him.

edited August 2017

@Missy87 Yeah, I've seen that picture of him before. It's the only one out there that I'm aware of. And you're right, the negative online feedback is all over the place. Threats/wishes of violence, racism, sexism, fake names, multiple phone numbers/addresses and lord only knows what else. The most recent Yelp review I read mentioned he tried sending one of his employees to a client who wanted sex. These are not the acts of an ethical individual. Then again, given his political aspirations, he'd probably fit right in. Very, very sadly.

• Has anybody here cuddled with someone from the (I think) new site Cuddlist? If so what were your impressions?

**For the record I am NOT affiliated with any cuddling site.

• I have, I feel on contrary to the TSB, Cuddlist is very authentic and professional website. They do not have many cuddlers available but the ones I saw were amazing. They are very experienced and know what they are doing. I was told that even cuddlist takes a 50% cut from the cuddlers but they provide proper training and lots of learning materials to them in return.

edited August 2017

@kadkaddy I haven't used Cuddlist but have had nice exchanges with co-founder Adam. They strike me as legitimate and in it for the right reasons. I would like to see them lower the 50% cut thing a bit, though, since I hadn't heard that before. I feel it makes them a bit too similar to TSB, but only in that way. It is good to hear that they use the money to provide adequate training and resources.

• I am not 100% sure about the 50% cut thing. May be, it's higher in the beginning since they might want to cover the cost of training and stuff before Pro cuddler moves away and gets lower gradually. From a client's perspective, It's way better and different from TSB (I can say as I have used both of them).
    CC is way different than these two though. It's a community where you can talk and share stuff with likeminded people from all over the world.

• [Deleted User]Mew (deleted user)
    edited August 2017

When I tried to work with them I think it was 50% or something like that. Definitely lower than CuddleComfort and the guy "Jeff" was a total arsehole. It was terrible. He got annoyed with me for not communicating with him and not having my thing up, didn't read my messages properly after forgetting I had completed an applkication (email history?...)... told me I was pissing him off when I requested him to post my alias and alias location instead of posting my real details (he was supposed to follow the application instructions, just like me) and I need to go out and make him money.
    @Missy87 can you link to your experience? I'm so interested. The name he used with me was Jeff Smith, I think. Gross.

• [Deleted User]Mew (deleted user)

@VIPirate do you have another ss? I want all you have, just in case. I should have something of my own somewhere too. I dont believe I was dumb enough to delete the conversation of him simply being rude and sounding a bit like some angry pimp at the end.

@Tera I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It's an all too common trend with TSB. I'll PM you my email address so I can send what I have. @Mark was nice enough to post that first one for me since I had trouble trying to do it myself. Technology isn't always my strong point. ;)

I have some inside information that I received from a former employee of The Snuggle Buddies. New employees have to pay $200 to the company and then $80 more dollars for a session of training with a cuddler, so $280 total. Employees have sometimes not been paid by the company and/or are told to work for more hours than the customer paid for. In other words, they are working for free during some of the hours that they work. My recent personal experience was that I paid $80 with my credit card and the company did not provide me with the contact information of the cuddler as they have done in the past. They ignored my further attempts of sending messages to them. Therefore, I contacted my credit card company to put the charge in dispute. This will take about a month to resolve, according to the credit card company. I would recommend people to boycott The Snuggle Buddies and for cuddlers to not seek employment with them. They should be out of business and I believe that increased competition from other websites such as Cuddle Comfort will accomplish this.

edited September 2017

@RScarf That's interesting to know, regarding the training aspect. It's one thing I was unaware of. Your experience as a client was straight theft and they can't spin that, especially since you tried contacting them to find out what was up. I agree with boycotting them and giving our hard earned money to the reputable sites out there. Fortunately, credit card companies tend to be good about refunding for services not rendered... at least the Visa department at my Credit Union is, those unfortunate times my account was compromised by scammers. I hope your issue is resolved without incident. Sometimes it boggles my mind when I think about how much money has likely been taken by TSB, fraudulently, in an accumulative manner. That could potentially be a hell of a lawsuit, collectively. Maybe that's how he's funding his alleged political aspirations.

P.S. Amen. Community support of increased, reputable competition is the best way to push him out.

• Agreed entirely. I am owed $140 and have asked repeatedly to be paid and have heard nothing. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau, and the labor board.

edited September 2017

@talullahblack Nicely and appropriately done. I think everyone in your position should use the same tactic. It won't end if he thinks he can get away with it.

Apparently, Evan deleted the phone number from The Snuggle Buddies website, so the only way to contact him is by sending a message on the website or emailing him if you have his email. Here it is: tftsbinfo3@gmail.com

@RScarf1 That certainly fits in with the pattern. He had multiple numbers to begin with, just like every scammer I know who tries calling me in the middle of the day to attempt to get my personal information. That should always be a red flag when a business doesn't offer up the ability to speak to a human being.

• I can't believe you people are still slamming snugglebuddies. Leave it alone already.

edited September 2017

While I understand why this thread may make some uncomfortable, people who have been wronged by this company have every right to have their voices heard. As a community, we are already misunderstood. Further scrutiny calls platonic cuddling's legitimacy as a therapeutic service into even more question than it already receives. We are all entitled to our opinions, so I will not argue. Instead, I will post the following diatribes from site management, since I believe in truth/transparency. You have every right to continue using TSB if you wish to. Just know that this is the way he treats his employees.

P.S. Should the following images belong to anyone here, please private message me should you wish them to be removed.

• Whoaaaa.....

No, Morpheus. You can go back to The Matrix if you like, but we prefer to live in the real world. He needs to be put out of business. I'll get my money back from my credit card, but current and former employees of TSB will probably not get all the money that they worked for from this POS.

• @RScarf1 I knew we would eventually find common ground on something !

Ha ha. I guess I'll take that as a compliment.