Snuggle Buddies review: The WORST cuddle company

Comments

• edited September 2017

Whatever your opinion on them, this thread now appears to be a public service that goes beyond this community.

In Google it's ranked #3 when searching the company name and #1 when searching for reviews about the company.

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

@Mark I really appreciate your view and glad to see this thread's value being respected. I sometimes wonder if I'm coming across as too negative, but at the same time, I see what people have gone through and can't fathom any justification for what's been happening there. Using that company is completely up to the consumer, but it's wise to stay informed. I worry about what an attitude like what is displayed by their management could do to the overall reputation of the cuddling industry, long term. It only takes one overzealous politician to deem us all bad and move to get everything shut down.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I have kept some emails from TSB. One of his new cuddlers was cancelling appointments, but the cuddler blamed me for cancelling. Evan initially believes the cuddler instead of me (the customer who has already paid). He even included a quote from the cuddler which was a lie:

“Nothing...we never got together....he ended up not being able to keep two appointments we planned”

What’s your availability. I’ll specifically ask the girl hers. You’re defeating the purpose of me trying to try out these new employees.

Here is my response: I assume you are referring to Victoria. I went to Sunny Isles Beach to meet with her. I was there one hour before our scheduled appointment. I was at a restaurant near to her home. While at the restaurant, I get a text from Victoria and she tells me that she is in Boca Raton which is about an hour and a half drive from Sunny Isles Beach. She texted me that she was with a friend and did not realize what time it was. She is the one who did not keep the appointment, not me. I was there. I drove about 45 minutes to Sunny Isles Beach for nothing. I tried to make an appointment a second time, but then she talks to me on the phone about her being stalked and that she moved from California to Florida to get away, but apparently the stalker or stalkers have found her in Sunny Isles Beach. I don't want to get involved in something like this. This is ridiculous. I am the customer. I do not appreciate being lied about. She is the one who could not keep her appointment. I spent $80. I am still trying to use the $80 I spent.

He finally believed me and removed her from the website. I used the money for another cuddler.

• I have tried to set up cuddles on thesnugglebuddies several times in the past month with no response at all from anyone. I wonder if they are still in business. Maybe Evan was over his head as a businessman .. maybe i can buy the business from him ...

I wouldn't buy it for a penny. It has a horrible reputation and the employees are realizing that they can make more money on other websites. One of TSB's current cuddlers told me that he seems like he is too busy and she has not worked for them in a while.

• Still no response from this site in like 3 weeks ,....

edited October 2017

@CarlosHunt I'd just say forget them at this point. Considering the mountain of negative feedback and your own experience being ignored, I'd try one of the other companies. Aside from here, there seem to be some promising options appearing. :)

Evan emailed me the cuddler's contact information about two weeks after I paid. I replied that it's too late. It's still in dispute on my credit card.

edited October 2017

@Morpheus Let me ask you a question. You seem to take great pride about the number of cuddlers you've met and talk yourself up as this really nice guy. Let's just ignore the fact that you once attempted to call a friend of mine approximately 15 times in a single night, scaring the hell out of her, justifiably so, just to "convince her" that you're a nice dude. What is it that makes you continuously defend them as a legitimate company? It says a lot about you, dude. You couldn't care less about how these women are treated. Good for you.

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)

Upon discovering that the cuddlers I had from Snuggle Buddies were NOT getting their $40/hour out of the $80/hour session fee I prepaid online, I STOPPED using this cuddling company. The first two cuddlers I had through them quit and had very common first name/last name combinations. So if I try to Google 'em I'll find everyone with whom they share names but not my actual former cuddlers. The third one, however, moved over here to CuddleComfort and says clients she gets from this site are generally better behaved. So I still have sessions with her, requested through CuddleComfort :)

• "Jeff Smith" won't take me off his site... He's a complete psycho. And a horrible businessman. Doesn't send the requests in a timely manner, pockets any money paid online for sessions, and is very rude. I've asked him several times to take me off and he won't!!! Is anyone doing anything??? I want him and his site shut down! Help!!!

• [Deleted User]MichaelFJudd (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

My experience with The Snuggle Buddies has been consistent with everyone else's. When I was exchanging information with my "snuggler" (i.e., whoever was on the other end of the e-mail), I didn't know who I was talking to. It was probably Jeff/Evan himself, because he uses the same grammatical patterns here that everyone else has shown him to use.

Mod Notice: Image removed as it showed the private email address of the cuddler. I don't believe this was an email from TSB themselves.

• I actually cuddled someone from this site, a few times at that. She was wonderful, but when I looked into passing on the comfort I received from her, I saw all of this and felt awful for her. :/ The employees deserve respect and pity, but yeah, the guy running it is awful.

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)

Hey @MichaelFJudd: I've had a session with the woman named and depicted in your screenshots. She didn't hear her alarm and went over an hour beyond the time I had paid for. I can't have a cuddler do that ever again!!!! She's on here too; I just didn't keep track of her handle.

• [Deleted User]princessplushie (deleted user)

It says ALOT about someones true character if they are willing to still work for someone who obviously screwed over so many people....

• SB is ok for some I guess. They have been around for a while. Right?

I was a customer until he did not send me the cuddler's contact info after I paid until about two weeks later, but I had called my credit card company because I thought that I never was going to receive the info.

edited January 2018

I've been informed that the FBI may be interested in learning more about this. If you wish to file a report, please go here and fill out the form:

http://www.ic3.gov

It was suggested to me that filling out said form works best on a PC, in case you're like me and do everything on your phone. Whether you have lost $40 or $400, it doesn't matter. They are looking for a consistent pattern to investigate. It also doesn't matter if you have lost money or not. If you have information they deem helpful, fill out the form. It beats complaining about it on here and won't take up too much of your time. Let your voice be heard.

• edited January 2018

You should all probably stop posting pictures that may have real names, e mail addresses or pictures of other people without their consent. I just googled the name in the pics that @michaelfjudd posted and it appears to be a real person and that’s her real name. Her info should not be posted publicly like that. You guys may be mad at TSB but throwing someone’s private info out there like that is not even a little bit ok.

@Mark why is this thread not closed yet?

edited January 2018

I can't speak for anyone else, but I shared what I did with permission from the original posters. I think this thread hasn't been closed because it is of legitimate enough concern to our community, as evidenced by just under 26,000 views. I understand that some may not like it or wish to participate, but it doesn't make it any less valid. Perhaps a happy medium would be moving it to the Professional Cuddling sub-forum?

• @Mark thanks for removing those pictures

• [Deleted User]j4jimbo (deleted user)

Completely unacceptable... can this email not be used as valid evidence of racial abuse??? (worth Googling if not done so already... pretty sure in UK it might be valid in a court)

@Mark If preferred, I can repost the e-mail with the racial slur after blurring out the e-mail address. It was posted here and in the thread Evan started. I kept it as originally posted to Yelp, due to consent given by the young lady he sent it to, but can totally understand the concerns.

• edited January 2018

If it's already public domain with the person's consent then it's fine. Thanks for asking.

edited January 2018

@Mark Well, it was public domain at one time. Somehow, TSB got Yelp to remove it (I didn't know business owners had that kind of sway). To be on the safe side, I'd like to offer a revised version so there's no confusion. I hope that will put everyone a bit more at ease, despite the horribly offensive language used. I'll do the same in the "explanation" thread as well.

• [Deleted User]MichaelFJudd (deleted user)

@VIPirate what the hell... how do they even stay in business???

• edited January 2018

Everyone, no matter how you feel about this business or other cuddle businesses, when posting screen shots please consider removing contact and other personal information from the pictures. It puts whoever they are at risk - pro or client - especially from people outside of our community who see this and don't understand. At the very least we should care about other cuddlers' safety.

Thank you.

EDIT: I saw that VIP edited out some contact info in the other post. Thank you for already doing that before my post!

• Thanks for all the great info, much appreciated!

edited January 2018

@MichaelFJudd Unholy pact? I'm at a loss for why this continues to happen.

@PinkLipstick22 I am hopeful that the previous posts with the e-mail address still able to be viewed will be removed. I know you and I don't see eye to eye a lot, but we do agree here and I'm happy about that.

I am curious about your thoughts concerning the content of that e-mail, though. You've been staunch in your support, but did previously say you'd call him out if need be. I hope you have.

• edited January 2018

@VIP, give it enough time I guess, right? Seriously, though, good to hear we're in agreement on safety :)

You are referring to your latest post? The way it reads it's unacceptable. He and I have talked about being more professional in manner and to absolutely, full stop, always treat and talk about employees with respect - no matter what happened between them. This is how you be the face of a business I told him. He seemed receptive, though I believe he's a slow learner in that area, as he asked for advice and specific examples of things he could say.
    I wasn't aware of the extent to which his insults reached (and I'm assuming for the sake of this sentence that the screenshots are face value; without being able to discuss with each one personally I won't actually be able to accept I'm hearing all sides, so I withhold final judgment. More on this bit below at asterisk). He needs to publicly apologize for real for such insults.
    I'm surprised at the stories of people saying he refused to remove them from the website. I actually took a break from TSB awhile back, due in part to my personal life and due in part to a disagreement on how things were being run. I would receive emails from previous clients asking if I was still doing cuddling because my image wasn't on the website anymore, and I checked and verified that. When I returned, I resubmitted my 'profile' since it had been permanently deleted; I wonder about the claims that he refuses to remove people's profiles. It seems doing so would cause a lot of extra work to reroute requests.
    I've spoke with Evan by voice before he posted his thread here. Depression is a tough beast, and it isn't the only thing Evan deals with. I'm not going to reveal his personal information, and even so it doesn't give a complete pass. This work is draining, to the point that I even give myself time off once every 2-3 months, so I know that also is a factor. Mark on CC does a great job of being admin, for sure, and I know it's not the easiest gig in the world. But, Evan does do a lot more of the screening, and because I know how draining that is, I give a pass when he's having an episode.
    This isn't easy to deal with from a business owner as the customer, and all of your points as clients are valid. The above is my personal view.

ETA: Fixing some formatting issues.